• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

my first workout plan

frag

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys.:laugh:
i'm new here and kinda new to the bodybuilding skeem too - have had some experience.
Well my name is Andy and i'm 17 yrs old. 5'6 and am a skinny ass (120+ pounds). I'm here because i am looking for some help. I've made my first eer workout plan by myself with alot of research and am looking for advice. It would be greatly appreciated if you guys could give me any advice on my workout routine. here it is.

Andy's Workout Routine:*calves + shoulders, 12reps* exception

Day1: Legs
squats 3 x 8
leg extensions 3 x 8

hamstring curls 3 x 8
romain dead lifts 3 x 8
standing calf raises 3 x 12
sitting calf raises 3 x 12
abs

Day2: chesT, shoulderS, tricepS
incline DB press 3 x 8 (no spot'r for anything) 3 x 8
flat DB press 3 x 8
flies (machine) 3 x 8
DB arny's / military press 3 x 12
later raises 3 x 12

frontal raises 3 x 12

skull crushers 3 x 8
overhead extensions 3 x 8
abs

Day3: BacK, bi'S, forearmS
lat. pulldown 3 x 8
closegrip lat. pul. down 3 x 8

dead lifts 3 x 8
bentover row/seated row (alternate days) 3 x 8
barbell curl 3 x 8
DB hammer curl 3 x 8
incline DB curl 3 x 8
palms-up forearm curl 3 x 8
palms-down forearm curl 3 x 8

abs

Well, there it is, i would greatly appreciate it if you guys could give me some advic on it or comment, etc...

I am trying to gain ALOT OF MASS - i eat plenty, protien shakes, even L-glutamine

my two major questions i had were.
1. I do everything once a week except for biceps, tri's and forearms. should be them twice? just a simple switch a ro (ex. bench uses tri's so i will also do tri workout on another day), i believe these muscles repair faster - i also take glutamine

2: As you can see, my shoulder workouts and calve are the only ones where i do 12 reps, the reason for this is because i dont feel much soreness ever from doing shoulders and claves so should i be doing more reps with these even tho i'm trying to gain mass?

Thanks alot
AndyH:rocker:

ok, i am 17 years old as well, im 62 and could not surpass 200 pounds for about 2 years, i got a lot of help from an ex-pro bodybuilder which bulked me up to 220 pounds in a little over 2 months, with no supplements except protein.

lets start with diet write down what you eat every day and calculate the calories, you should hit about 3500 calories a day, i ate a little over 4000 a day and put on great weight. if you need more then bulk the calories up a little or maybe lower if you need to. you need to eat every 2-3 hours throughtout the day to keep you body always having the food in your system in order to make you grow.

eat a full meal about an hour and a half before a workout and you can have a protein shake in water 45 min before, because it absorbs quicker into your body that way. Whey protein is great for quick absorbtion. after your workout you should take a protein shake in milk and if you like you can also have 2 pieces white bread with jelly or some sort of carb. after a workout, but keep the post workout "meal" relitevely small and have a bigger meal 1 hour-1 hour and a half after you shake.

As for your workout plan, each bodypart once a week is a good idea, i never have felt that i personally get a good tricep workout after chest and i would personally split it differntly. an example would be:

1:Chest, bicep, forearm
2:Quads, hams, calves
3:Shoulders
4:back
i would probably throw a rest day in there probably between shoulders and back just so that you dont over work your rear delts. i like to have at least a day of rest from doing chest and shoulers or back and shoulders because in both chest and back work the shoulder as well.
hope ive been a help. and make sure you use heavy weights as you can with good form,

damn, sorry...tricep on back day or shoulder day is you want but i personally like to do mine with back, but it is whatever you like that counts.

New routine

Hi all,

Here's a good routine that you might want to give a try. Just to get that initial burst of muscle growth without overtraining (something that is easily done in the beggining).

Its a simple split that is heavy on the major muscle groups. By working the major muscle groups at first you will also benefit the smaller muscle groups. You can work on isolation later when you have developed an underlining framework.

Overtraining at the start can often result in damaging joints and ligaments and in some cases in pulling muscles.

So here we go :)

Frequency.
Four days a week. Two days consecutively working out, followed by two days of rest. This is then repeated.

Type of exercise.
The shoulders, back, and calves are worked out in the first split. The chest, arms and abdominal muscles are worked on the second day of the split.

Exercise - Repetitions - Sets
Shoulder Press - (8-10) - 2
Shoulder Raises - (8-10) - 2
Pulldown Bar - (8-10) - 2
Dumbbell Row - (8-10) - 2
Calve Raises - (8-10) - 2

Exercise - Repetitions - Sets
Bench Press - (8-10) - 2
Fly - (8-10) - 1
Squat - (8-10) - 2
Leg Extensions - (8-10) - 1
Leg curl - (8-10) - 1
Barbell Curl - (8-10) - 1
Triceps Extension - (8-10) - 2
Side Dips - (8-10) - 1
Abdominal Crunches - (8-10) -2

A good one to try I think for people that are finding their feet in bodybuilding.

mmuscle

http://www.makemuscle.net

hey, thanks alot ofr your advice...
So do you think my workout is pretty good? ;)

I just wanted to know, why you all agree i should switch my bicep and tricep work days? youu all give me great advice but you didn't tell me why i should do that. Also, if i do choose too... should i add an extra workout in the tricep day because i only have 2 tri workouts that day now.

Thanks alot
AndyH

the reason i sujest switching your tricep and bicep day is that when your done with either your chest routine or back routine your arms are already burnt out and you wont be able to do as much weight. therefore you will not stimulate as many mucsle fibers and wont give you as much growth as you want...in not saying that you wont get results by doing the routine that you have planned out chest/tricep and back/bicep on same days but you will might want to try switching it up and see if you like it.

Also if you do chest early in the week and triceps later in the week you will be fully rested and ready to hit them, therefore getting a smaller workout for them in the begining of the week and a hard one at the end of the week, give it a try and see if you like it. i always have felt that doing it this way made me grow much faster

Hmm. thanks alot mate:thumb:
i'm going to take your advice!

but out of curiousity
i wanna kno. pretend i did chest first, then tri in the same workout. Wouldn't that mean i wold have a better workout for my tri's. because it would mean i'm incorperating more excercises making them much more worked = more soreness? jux curious :bulb:

Thanks alot tho:laugh:
i think i'm set. no one has said they my workout needs much improvement so YAH!

glad i could help!

remember hit each and every set hard with heavy weight, as long as you can keep good form.

Chest exersizes hit the triceps as a secondary muscle which means that you are not hitting your triceps as hard as you could adn therefore be tiring them out more than anything but doing them on another day where you start off fresh and have the energy to go super heavy and you will make your triceps grow!

Good luck and for a first workout plan its looking great.
dont forget focus equally on you diet as well as your workout. they both go hand in hand with getting bigger, stronger muscles!!!:thumb:

sounds great.
you think i should have 3 workouts each for both bi's and tri's?

thanks alot btw

ya, 3 workouts for both biceps and triceps.

IML Gear Cream!
You are just starting to lift, so I feel that isolation exercises should be put on hold. I always suggest beginners go with a full body routine filled with compound exercises. 8-12 repetitions is an excellent range for beginners. Ensuring proper form and stick with 12-15 is also a good idea for a couple of weeks.

Here is the routine I recommend to beginners. It is to be done 3 days per week, with at least one day of rest in between each one. I like Monday, Wednesday, and Friday:

Deadlifts 2 x 8-12
Olympic Squats 2 x 8-12

Bent Rows 2 x 8-12
Chinups 2 x 8-12

Bench Press 2 x 8-12
Military Press 2 x 8-12

Decline Situps 2 x 8-12
Standing Calf Raises 2 x 8-12

There is no direct arm work, but you won't need it just yet. Believe me, these exercises are more worth your effort when you start.

I will go with cowpimp on this one except for the 8-12 reps. I would say build your foundation out of rock, than start with the softer stuff (8-12 reps) a house can't stand on a soft foundation. Get hard and thicker with lower reps. Plus your form is going to either make you or break you. You are more prone to injury when your form is off, and if you are extremely new, you should go off to the side and have a bar face plant, lol. especially when you are fatigued. Lower reps you can at least keep better form. Form usually goes limp after the first few reps. Stick around 4-6 reps for now thats MY opinion. Although you could do the 8-12 thing. depends on what YOU feel is better, and for what reason.

mmuscle -- where is the quad/leg work?

Dmwrss said:
I will go with cowpimp on this one except for the 8-12 reps. I would say build your foundation out of rock, than start with the softer stuff (8-12 reps) a house can't stand on a soft foundation. Get hard and thicker with lower reps. Plus your form is going to either make you or break you. You are more prone to injury when your form is off, and if you are extremely new, you should go off to the side and have a bar face plant, lol. especially when you are fatigued. Lower reps you can at least keep better form. Form usually goes limp after the first few reps. Stick around 4-6 reps for now thats MY opinion. Although you could do the 8-12 thing. depends on what YOU feel is better, and for what reason.

Rep ranges do not determine hardness and thickness. 8-12 repetitions is totally viable to build muscle mass. Anything from 4-20 repetitions, in general, is quite capable of adding mass to your frame. However, going heavy without proper knowledge of form is a bad idea. You should be very comfortable with form before you decide to go heavier.

With experienced lifters, it is sometimes easier to maintain better form for smaller repetition ranges. However, when you are new, you don't have the intermuscular coordination and stabilizer muscle strength to maintain proper form at heavier weights.

Back