• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Contest Diet

musclepump

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey all-

I'll be competing in my first show in April (23rd). I'm wondering when I should start my diet; a lot of people say 16 weeks out, some say 12, some say 20. I'd be more inclined to try the 20 since it's my first show, but I don't want to sacrifice any time I could be gaining mass.

Right now I'm 202 pounds (probably 10 extra pounds of water thanks to my M1T cycle I'm currently in the middle of). I don't know my BF %, but when I started lifting in February I had 14" biceps (shhh, I don't like being laughed at) and six-pack abs at 160 pounds. At that time, I was a swimmer. From February until now I've put on 42 pounds, I have 16" biceps now (hey, quiet!) but my quads, lats, traps, everything else is much bigger.

I know this isn't much to go by, so for those who compete, can you give me some insight on how you judge out your cutting and maybe some digits from start-finish?

Thanks in advance-

Depends on how much bodyfat you have to lose. If you have alot, start sooner. You don't want to loose more than 2 lbs per week. Plus you do not want to cut your calories too quickly or you will hit a stand still.

If you have pics you could post along with what you plan to do as far as your cut, we all can look from there and give a better idea as to what might work......

Back