• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Tendons and Ligaments

KarlW

My Little Man
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Are tendons and ligaments strengthed the same way as mucle?

i.e. By the tearing and subsequent rebuilding of fibers (as I understand it in very basic terms)

Found this:

How can you strengthen tendons and ligaments? Unfortunately these tissues are not muscle, so they do not respond to exercise as muscles do. Exercise cannot build or strengthen ligaments or tendons

So how do the T & L's adapt to training? or don't they?

No offence meant to anyone, but what a shame the serious questions get few replies, yet the "Which Db curls are best for biceps" type questions get > 200.

Oh well
confused-smiley-013.gif

Consider this Karl...an injured athlete goes through rehab to "strengthen" a torn knee ligament, for example. In physical therapy or rehab, typically one uses resistance type exercises by use of bands, etc. Light weight training later on. Maybe some resistance work in a pool. Now, whether or not there is a benefit of such exercises to a perfectly healthy ligament, that I'm not sure about really. I'd be interested to know myself.

HAHAHA Randy = OWNED! hahahahahahah lmao! yep he is owned

That all sound good to me. I have a partially torn totator cuff and I just have to be carefull. I do believe that if I stopped working out completely that my arm would fall off :eek:. No, but I would have had to had surgery by now!

Newt said:
That all sound good to me. I have a partially torn totator cuff and I just have to be carefull. I do believe that if I stopped working out completely that my arm would fall off :eek:. No, but I would have had to had surgery by now!
i had the same newt...and 3 months of PT and laying off the weights completely for about 4 months, helped immensely with the pain.

Back