• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

question on wide grip pullups..

lilguy_bigdream

want to get big
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i have heard that wide grips pullups are "bad" for you...
are they "bad" for you are is that just some stupid thing that the person said???

I do not see how pull ups (wide or narrow) can be anything other than good for your overall back development. What would make them bad?

if you do them behind the back you risk impingement of the rotator cuff. if you do them to the chest they are a very effective exercise.

Anyone with any hint of shoulder problems should be careful even in doing wide grips to the front, they're still potentially risky and can aggrevate the shoulders. I've found though, that pro-style lat bars with perpendicular grips completely change the equation, make it much less traumatic on the shoulers.

Ive never had a problem. :confused: Never heard of anyone getting hurt doing them either.

definately be careful doing wide grip pull ups or even weighted pull downs behind your head.

I injured my shoulder doing this movement and it took 2-3 months before i could lift even moderate weights. That included anything involving shoulders (bench, back, etcs)

I kill my rotator cuff whenever i do widegrips to the front.

I think it has something to do with how my elbows rotate forward or backward during the movement, but alls i know is i stay away from those things...

Flex said:
I kill my rotator cuff whenever i do widegrips to the front.

I think it has something to do with how my elbows rotate forward or backward during the movement, but alls i know is i stay away from those things...

what a wuss. :laugh: :)

Back