25% Off Black Friday Sale

the munchies?

Thread: the munchies?

Rep Points

the munchies?

ok so if i know i have to eat, but i'm not hungry for whatever reason, would it be bad to like smoke a blunt to get some munchies going then pig out on all the protein i need? would that not work? eating alot is the biggest part of bodybuilding, so if i have the munchies all the time i'd be constantly eating those valuable proteins and calories. let me know if this plan would work.

..is bulking up!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

When on a bulk i eat because i have to, not because i am hungry.

Simon

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyKid
    ok so if i know i have to eat, but i'm not hungry for whatever reason, would it be bad to like smoke a blunt to get some munchies going then pig out on all the protein i need? would that not work? eating alot is the biggest part of bodybuilding, so if i have the munchies all the time i'd be constantly eating those valuable proteins and calories. let me know if this plan would work.
    Well , you could , BUT I would think about a few things before doing it .

1) Make sure you eat well if you plan on doing this . I would even recommend having the thing ready before you smoke , then smoke and then eat it. I used to smoke quite a lot in high school , and that was my main problem , is that I ate junk.

2)Smoking weed , pot etc can make you not want to train or just push it till later . I dont think its a good idea to smoke weed and training for that main reason. Thats why I stopped in highschool. Lack of interest in the things I wanted to do . If you want to try it , its up to you , no one can stop you , but I dont think its a smart thing to do if you want to be bulking. I would recommend eating what you are used to at the moment and each day add about 250 calories until you get at the good calories amount for you size. Remember , Im saying calories here , but you should aslo calculate how much proteins/carbs/fat you need with that calorie intake.

Plus , no need to say thats its not good for your cardio.
    When a goal is reached comes satisfaction . You're accomplished as a person when you surpass those goals .

Rep Points

well i'm a pothead but i always work out before i smoke. so i have tons of energy during the workout, but afterwards what if i'm not hungry? gotta eat, and i just generally dont have much of an appetite. so for a person like me that has little appetite naturally, would it be a good idea to get the munchies then eat like a couple turkey sandwiches or something?

Rep Points

Blunt-for-munchies: Bad idea.

Pot doesn't make for good training.
    Let's all join together and SPEAK ENGLISH IN AMERICA.

Simon

Rep Points

Take it this way , if you have trouble eating it , just tell yourself that when youll be eating everything you need to bulk , you wont have any room left for junk food. Thats what I feel right now. I eat like a freaking pig , you wouldnt believe it. But Im never hungry for any junk food
    When a goal is reached comes satisfaction . You're accomplished as a person when you surpass those goals .

Rep Points

i dont eat candy or anything, dont worry about me eating bad food or anything.

look, this is my question really: when you eat nutricious food when you have the munchies, is your metabolism too speeded-up for your body to absorb those proteins and calories?

Simon

Rep Points

well i'm a pothead but i always work out before i smoke. so i have tons of energy during the workout, but afterwards what if i'm not hungry? gotta eat, and i just generally dont have much of an appetite. so for a person like me that has little appetite naturally, would it be a good idea to get the munchies then eat like a couple turkey sandwiches or something?
    Like I said , I really dont recommend it . If you really like to smoke , and still want to train , try cut on the smoking a bit ... But , really, you just have to get used to eating more. Dont go from 1500 cals to 3000 cals a day . Try to eat 6 meals a day as a start and then add more and more to each of those meals as you go on and hit the aimed calorie intake.

Simon

Rep Points

i dont eat candy or anything, dont worry about me eating bad food or anything.

look, this is my question really: when you eat nutricious food when you have the munchies, is your metabolism too speeded-up for your body to absorb those proteins and calories?
    Cant answer you on that ... Youll have to make a bit of research.