Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

so i decided to add some protein to my oats this morning....

Rep Points

so i decided to add some protein to my oats this morning....

I needed a quick breakfast this morning so i added a scoop of my Isopure vanilla protein to my oats with water, when i nuked it, about 2 mins it turned into a solid oat cake, like a muffin or something in my bowl, how do you guys do this? Am I doing something wrong? It was really tough and hard to break up, I added some milk and ate it anyways, did i destroy the protein? Has this happened to anyone else?

Simon

Rep Points

What I do is I do a regular protein shake and I add the oats to it.

I put 2 scoops of my whey protein in the blender + 1cup of skimmed milk + 1 cup of oats

The oats mix pretty well once they went throught the blender .
    When a goal is reached comes satisfaction . You're accomplished as a person when you surpass those goals .

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by thajeepster
    I needed a quick breakfast this morning so i added a scoop of my Isopure vanilla protein to my oats with water, when i nuked it, about 2 mins it turned into a solid oat cake, like a muffin or something in my bowl, how do you guys do this? Am I doing something wrong? It was really tough and hard to break up, I added some milk and ate it anyways, did i destroy the protein? Has this happened to anyone else?
    heating whey protein like that destroys the fragile nucleui structures, bascially making it useless...

cook the oats, then add in the whey once it has been removed from the heat source...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM
    heating whey protein like that destroys the fragile nucleui structures, bascially making it useless...
    agreed

cook your oats with water like you normally do, mix in the whey right at the end

Simon

Rep Points

You can try the oats raw ... thats what I do ... No need to cook if you asked me , especially if youre in a hurry ... I guess it all depends on what you like , I dont mind eating the oats raw in the shake .
    When a goal is reached comes satisfaction . You're accomplished as a person when you surpass those goals .