Ketogenic Diet = Best Diet for Dropping Fat ASAP?

Obsessed
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Ketogenic Diet = Best Diet for Dropping Fat ASAP?

Okay guys, a few friends of mine signed me up to a local contest. Not really a bodybuilding show---but a best body contest at a local bar/club. I definitely need to drop about 15 lbs. of flab! I want to do this as soon as physically possible---I am thinking a TKD?

Please HELP!

I am thinking maybe push/pull/legs routine with a good amount of volume?
    Stats!
    23 years old, 5'11.5", 206 lbs., ~8% bodyfat

380/455/655 bench/squat/deadlift (current)
    405/495/675 bench/squat/deadlift (goals)

The M.J.H. Chronicles

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Simon

Rep Points

Well , depending on the lap of time you have on your hands.

1.Reduce your calorie intake and fat intake (duh!)
    2. Do some cardio ---> aim for a hearth rate of 150-160 ---> This is what has worked the best for me . As you can see in my galeries , I have lost a lot of fat .
    3. If youre really in a hurry , maybe try some fat burners . I havnt used any to date , but I know some that some people have good results with that.

Hope this can help you .
    When a goal is reached comes satisfaction . You're accomplished as a person when you surpass those goals .

Fit by 40

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Robert DiMaggio
    I did download the e-books of Lyle McDonald's and I guess it's one of the best ever gift that I made to my self. Alot of great reading and understanding alot and alot of things. Great book
    [B]kim - Fit by 43

Rep Points

IMO, I wouldn't waste my time with a TKD. CKD's are much easier to stick to and the carb loads kick ass

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Obsessed
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Jodi, thanks for chiming in. But in terms of rapid fat-loss, do you really think that a CKD is my best option? And with a TKD I think you manage to keep your workouts a bit more intense, don't you? Simply because you're taking in some simple sugars preworkout, etc.
    Stats!

The M.J.H. Chronicles

Obsessed
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

And in terms of my training I am not huge on cardio as most of you know, so I am thinking maybe more volume, and shy of failure? I was thinking a basic push/pull/legs split.

Or I might even do a chest/shoulders/triceps on one day and back/legs on the other day. I am just trying to figure out the best way to layout my training. Because I am looking for more calories burned. And I think doing more bodyparts more often will burn the most calories.
    Stats!

The M.J.H. Chronicles

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

have you tried AM & PM training sessions ? it's a great way to increase the RMR, insulin sensitivity and GH output...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

INK NOT MINK
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I think TDK or CKD would both work if you stick with it

Obsessed
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

LAM, interesting man, and no I have never tried that before.
    Stats!

The M.J.H. Chronicles