• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Changing gyms...Am i justified?

Flex

FLEXecutioner
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
alright, to give a bried history, here goes...

Until 9 months ago, my gym, Body Fit, was GREAT. it was real hardcore, with meatheads EVERYwhere :D It was a GREAT environment to train.

anyhow, about 9 months ago, the owner decided to change his place into a fitness place. slowly they started taking out heavy db's and equipment and replacing them with light db's and cardio machines.

currently most of the meatheads are gone. ya, the ones who are dedicated, the ones who know what they're doing, they ones who make the gym great. in their place are old, fat women who wanna lose 80lbs in 1 month and have NO idea what they're doing.

anyhow, tonite was the last straw. i was deadlifting with some heavy ass weight. every time i come down, the weight slams on the floor and makes a loud noise. oen of the lady managers comes over and is like "you need to take off some of that weight". i'm thinking, "what the fuck". she's like "that is making WAY too much noise". I'm thinking "it's cuz i'm Polish, huh"? so she's like "ya, it's just unacceptable". i'm thinking, "Bitch, this is a fuckin' gym. It's not a fuckin' library. YOU put on this much weight and gently place it down after each rep". That pretty much was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Not to mention 5 min into my training my batteries ran out, and i was forced to listen to "OH laddy doddy, girl, gonna rock your body, girl", or some gay ass shit like that.

my membership is running out in like a month and a half. see, this gym is only 2 min from my house, and is only $130. the gym i would go to is a Gold's, 15-20 min from my house and like $400. i knwo it's worth it, so i'm practically gone alreadyl.

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO GYMS???????????????? :mad:

any thoughts?

oh ya, i forgot to mention!!!!!!!!!!!!

after the lady said it made too much noise, i told her "well, look, there's clips on there!!! they don't work, they suck. it's not my fault".

we both look down and the fuckin' clips are like 3 inches away from the outer plate....

the uneducated masses have been brain washed into thinking that light-weights for high reps and tons of cardio will get you that Bowflex body..lol at those fucking idiots...

The nature of the gym business is change, so no surprise with the changeover. Actually i can't blame them for complaining about the noise, no matter what the weight there are ways not to to slam the weights, but take it as a hint to go for the Gold. Better off there anyway and it's not like it's so much more money.

Pumpster said:
Actually i can't blame them for complaining about the noise, no matter what the weight there are ways not to to slam the weights,

I can.

like i said (in my 2nd post), i put clips on there that usually keep the weights in place. the things moved over a few inches, so the weights were clankin' into eachother

You shoulda killed the broad.. are you getting soft on us? ;)

Definately change gyms man :thumb:

PreMier said:
You shoulda killed the broad.. are you getting soft on us? ;)

Definately change gyms man :thumb:

what do you mean "shoulda"? I did.

and i didn't even charge myself ;)

Bail before the New Year's Resolution Peeps hit!

Flex - youre only paying $11/month where youre at now?

Make sure before you leave you break the floor with some more deadlifts.

IML Gear Cream!
That sucks. I would definitely goto golds i hear its good there. Luckily my gym (buffalo athletic club) is big enough to have basically two gyms in one building. The nautilus/light weight room, that most of the girls use, or the wussy guys. And then theres the REAL gym area on the other side of the building which holds all the heavy weight and the hammer strength machines. All the cardio equipment is upstairs and out of the way so thats good. :thumb:

good luck :)

Arnie's left nu said:
Flex - youre only paying $11/month where youre at now?

even less. check this out...

i bought my pass not this past winter, but the winter before!

basically i froze it whenever i went bakc to school. so in reality, i got 2 years out of my pass.

oh ya, did i mention that the pass was $200, but we had a coupon for buyonegetonefree, so me and my brother each paid only $100...

In future make sure the plates aren't clanging, that would be annoying anywhere, since you asked for opinions. Now you have the opportunity to go to a better gym.

Pumpster said:
In future make sure the plates aren't clanging, that would be annoying anywhere

well, if they had equipment that did it's job and actually held the plates together it wouldn't have been a problem in the first place

If they didn't even have collars then the move to a new gym's overdue.

Pumpster said:
If they didn't even have collars then the move to a new gym's overdue.

no no,
see they did have collars. it's just when i was doing my set the pieces of shit moved over about 3 inches, thus the 45's were clankin'...

heh, i go to the gym at my university where i dont have to pay anything because its part of my tuition. unfortunately, all the cardio crap, machines, and free weights are in the same [really large] room. and the free weights are so commonly taken up by five idiots standing around the bench press doing nothing or asians in dockers and collared shirts who weigh 115 lbs and are curling 15s.

thats why i go at 9 or 10 at night, around 6 and 7 you cant even get on anything.

and like JLB said, get outta there before the new years resolution people. you should see our gym the week before spring break... :lol:

IML Gear Cream!
First off bro she was telling you to get the fuck outta her gym. You're one of those undesirable weight lifters that only pay your monthly bill and leave. You don't sign up for any of the other classes, buy double espresso mocha latte cream drinks for $4 each or $8 smoothies, you don't use the masuse (my spelling sucks). Basically you're a low profit person breathing her air. Slam the weights, yell like a freak when you do those 20# curls, leave your steal on the floor ... and get released from your contract now so you can move to Golds. Tell the bitch to change the name of the place to "Curves" ... a female fitness franchise.

I love my gym. I go a univerisity that has on off site rec-center so all of the individual dorms have weight rooms in the basement. I get on an elevator take it 16 floors to the basement and I am THE GREATEST GYM KNOWN to man lol. I feel like im in the gym they used for Arnolds "Pumping Iron" or something. Its old school as hell, and everyone, except for the fiiiiine ladies, are real serious about lifting.

Flex said:
even less. check this out...

i bought my pass not this past winter, but the winter before!

basically i froze it whenever i went bakc to school. so in reality, i got 2 years out of my pass.

oh ya, did i mention that the pass was $200, but we had a coupon for buyonegetonefree, so me and my brother each paid only $100...

haha thats dirt cheap. Still, working out with a bunch of pussy's and having to listen to the onwer whine+ bitch everytime i was liftin' would be reason enough to leave, regardless of cost. If you've got the flow, do it.

Tell them if you dont want to hear noise get rubber plates.

BoneCrusher said:
Tell the bitch to change the name of the place to "Curves" ... a female fitness franchise.

I can't.

I killed her. :suicide:

Last edited:
I feel your pain my brotha, I am always going throughg some sort of gym drama it seems like. I find myself driving about 20 miles out of the way to go to a gym that isn't good, but just not as bad as the rest. I have literally scoured te phone book manytimes to find a hole in the wall lifters gym to no success, short of driving for 40 minutes. You just gotta find a place where you can get done what you need, even though it may not be a BB paradise, we gotta play the cards we're given. Its not fair but thats life. And when in doubt just throw some bodies around to carlify whos in chareg round these parts,. ya dig.. lol. good luck G and try and not let it bother you.

Yeh fuch um just change gyms

LOL..........I've been dying for some1 to start This thread about "joining/changing gyms". because in a 3 year time period i have been a member at 4 gyms!
I went from the Ymca, where i had been a member all thru high school and worked there as a lifeguard and i taught swim lessons. Then in the middle of my senior yr of hs, i got in my 1st accident, did some rehab and schoolling then i was on the way to a college course and mother got hit on her side. she passed a week later.
Anyway, with all the rehab I went through + the excess 50lbs........somehow in therapy i saw the other patients, how lucky iam, some are in diapers the rest of their life, cant move....So i came up with this goal, to compete naturally 1 day.
right after my accident, my whole right arm felt like dead weight......now it feels weaker and is thedefinitely slower side but still pushes the same weight.
So next I went to a Golds didnt like the management there, had a bad experience joining.
So then I found Kris, @cory everson's. shes a heavy-weight BB. Taught me some basics, gave me a deal. I gave her exposure on the net.
See all the real meatheads in my city are members @World's gym.
I dont think im ready for that yet, but im ready to be on my own......
So I went and joined a Super Fitness, its a really old facility, used to be a spa lady or something in the 70s, lol u can tell 2 none of the women's showers work except 2! its a big locker room, old school lockers though, all orange. the 1st few weeks after i joined, i kept getting lost bc all the damn mirrors, it was like an optical illusion or something. i love this gym so much, when i joined i got 5 free sessions w a persons so they could show me some machines. and all my w/os have been great! most of the guys are intimdated by me, i love that!. i went from golds where i was fat and had no idea what i was doing to now where im hot, can push weight, and like to showoff my muscles sometimes too

(Flex, I know you hate me posting in your thread, a non-BB, non-meathead, and ill probly end it but its good for ME, but im a BB in the making man!)

chiquita6683 said:
(Flex, I know you hate me posting in your thread, a non-BB, non-meathead, and ill probly end it but its good for ME, but im a BB in the making man!)

Come on, don't you worry about it :thumb:

BoneCrusher said:
First off bro she was telling you to get the fuck outta her gym. You're one of those undesirable weight lifters that only pay your monthly bill and leave. You don't sign up for any of the other classes, buy double espresso mocha latte cream drinks for $4 each or $8 smoothies, you don't use the masuse (my spelling sucks). Basically you're a low profit person breathing her air. Slam the weights, yell like a freak when you do those 20# curls, leave your steal on the floor ... and get released from your contract now so you can move to Golds. Tell the bitch to change the name of the place to "Curves" ... a female fitness franchise.
Flex, I hope I'm wrong, but just because it says "Golds Gym" doesn't mean its hardcore.

I had a similar experience at a local Golds two years ago where the management pretty much made it known to people like me they did not want "serious" trainers in the club because it made the other members "uncomfortable". That gym in the six months before I left did some of the same things your place is doing. There was so much "fitness class" and smoothie bar b.s. that it was nauseating.

I visited another Golds on vacation a year ago in Florida and it was the same crappy atmosphere. I felt like I was in a night club instead of a gym there was so much people hogging equipment, yakking on cell phones, socializing and throwing out cheap pick up lines instead of working out. I ended up finding a small local independent gym that was excellent and hardcore in that it had NO AEROBICS classes.

The reality is that most of the chains have gone mainstream and I guess its because thats the only way they can make money.

We had two hard core independent gyms close around here in the last two years and another was sold and its survival is still up in the air.

Back