• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Optimal hours sleep per night?

VicVega

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How many hours of sleep do i need per night. How many after a w/o day and how many after resting/cardio day? I often get only 7.

age plays a role in sleeping, but if you are a serious about body building you should probobly have 9-10 hours of sleep a night, and if you can probobly a little nap during the day but thats optional...

My one and only problem is not getting enough sleep. I force myself to get into bed earlier than I used to nowadays, and even though I am still not getting the necessary sleep, I still feel more energized when I hit the gym.

yup sleep is the most common thing people missunderstand, its can "grow" wonders...

sleep is overrated. I know tons of people myself included that get along fine with 5-6 hours a night. I haven't sleep more than 8 hours straight in 15 years...

it is the quality of the sleep that you get not the duration...

LAM said:
sleep is overrated. I know tons of people myself included that get along fine with 5-6 hours a night. I haven't sleep more than 8 hours straight in 15 years...

it is the quality of the sleep that you get not the duration...

Yup. I get 6-7 hours.. anymore, and I feel groggy and lazy the rest of the day.

I agree. There is a woman on record sleeping one hour a night only, in England.

I however need more, it takes me a longer time to fall asleep too, so my quality is somewhat low. I have survived off 5 in a row before for extended periods when I was truly HAPPY with my life many years ago :D

I would prefer to have 8 hours in bed, the national average is about 7 for day workers and 4.5 for night.

I like 8-9 if I have a day of no work and no school, but I usually shoot for 7 when I have one or the other. Maybe once a week I'll only get 6 hours.

I do nightshifts sometimes and get 3-4 on those days. It definately ain't enough. By the end of the week I have no energy. I'm lucky to ever get > 8 even when working normal hours.

My body almost feels like it is tingling the morning after a heavy lifting day, like i have brand new muscle or something. I love the feeling. I even get the feeling after a two hour nap after lifting.

IML Gear Cream!
4-5 hours per nite for me iv neva slept much since i was a kid

its usually 7-8 for me, however 8-9 is optimum... any less and i feel tired, any more and i'm still half asleep (drowsy) the whole day

usually i get about 8 hours. However, i just wake up whenever my brain wakes me up. I sleep for 10 hours somrtimes.

QuestionGuy said:
age plays a role in sleeping, but if you are a serious about body building you should probobly have 9-10 hours of sleep a night, and if you can probobly a little nap during the day but thats optional...
I agree.;)

When I was on M1T I was sleeping 10-11 hours and still waking up tired. Now I usually get 7-8 and I'm good.

im a total insomniac and have been getting about 4/5 hours of sleep a night for as long as i can remember.

im generally tired, but most of that is attitude rather than fatigue ;)

I find working out knocks me out, and I get a better quality of sleep. Generally I get 8-9 hours of sleep per night. I find my sleep habits depend on the season. In the summer, 7-8 is plenty. In the winter 8-10 is the best for me. It is kinda hard, though. I am a morning person, but most of my friends love the night. So, I usually go to bed really early, as I normally wake up around 6:00 on work days. On the weekend, if I go out with friends, I can crash and burn after a while. I can't nap either. I just lay there with my eyes closed.

I read a long time ago that sleeping immediately after a hard or very long workout greatly improves recovery - so I tend to stick to that. So after my long runs or bikes I'll eat, stretch and then crash for an hour or two. I find it makes a big difference in being able to train many hours a week.

So I probably get 6-7 hours regular sleep and then 1-2 hours every other day napping. Sleep is a big priority though. If I need it, I take it.

ponyboy said:
I read a long time ago that sleeping immediately after a hard or very long workout greatly improves recovery - so I tend to stick to that. So after my long runs or bikes I'll eat, stretch and then crash for an hour or two. I find it makes a big difference in being able to train many hours a week.

So I probably get 6-7 hours regular sleep and then 1-2 hours every other day napping. Sleep is a big priority though. If I need it, I take it.

true. i did a lot of research about sleeping and as i said the older you are the shorter sleep you need for your brain to "get rid" of all the data you dont use anymore and that are not important (everyone is different), anyway but if you are a serious bodybuilder sleep can really play a big part in growth...... but everyone probobly knew it already...

IML Gear Cream!
PreMier said:
Yup. I get 6-7 hours.. anymore, and I feel groggy and lazy the rest of the day.
I would have to agree here also, if I sleep more than 6 1/2 - 7 hours, I always feel extremely sluggish and tired.

7-1/2 hours seems to be the optimum for me. Sometimes less, sometimes more but I always seem to average 7-1/2. I read an article a while back that stated figures close to what Mudge said. The average person sleeps about 7 hours a night. But back at the turn of the century, when there wasn't the conveniences of modern living, AND most people worked their ass off in the fields, the average was closer to 11 hours a night.

Ive been getting about 8 hours of poor quality sleep per night. Usually i sleep pretty well so its probobaly the Vasopro. I usually got a lot of energy after a workout, but ill try taking a short nap, seems to be effective.

Lol I sleep good 12 hours, do I got some disorder or something what gives here should I get an alarm and keep getting up regularly? I've been this way since high school sleeping through most my classes and lunch sometimes. I think its not normal for 21 year old guy what do you think?

I feel my best after about 8-9 hours of sleep, but anything less than 7 hours leaves me tired all day, and not as intense in my training. I dunno why, probably just psychological.

I got 5 last night and i feel tired as hell today. I took some No Dos which barely work me up... :(

Back