25% Off Black Friday Sale

Thirsty?

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Thirsty?

  1. #1
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,722
    Rep Points
    2136000020

    Thirsty?

    Water Or Coke ???
    Which one is the 'Real Thing' ???

    We all know that water is important but you've never seen it written down like this before.

    WATER
    1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half world population.)

    2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

    3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

    4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

    5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

    6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

    7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

    8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50%less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should every day?



    COKE
    1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

    2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

    3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

    4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

    5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

    6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

    7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

    8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.



    FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
    1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

    2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

    3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!


    </B>Now the question is, would YOU like a glass of water or Coke?</B>

    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






  2. #2
    happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER
    PreMier's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,874
    Rep Points
    175938472

    Great read!
    P-side Inc.

    "the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

  3. #3
    Monochromatic Bunny
    Vieope's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    drinking coffee..
    Posts
    15,084
    Rep Points
    19251541

    Quote Originally Posted by PreMier
    Great read!
    No, it is not. With that title and rockgazer being the one who started it. I thought so many things, so many expectations..

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    min0 lee's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Bronx, NYC
    Posts
    44,757
    Rep Points
    819373160

    You find all the good stuff, I have been looking for that for a while.

  5. #5
    Voodoo Doll
    ELITE MEMBER
    Little Wing's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Bangor, Maine
    Posts
    36,722
    Rep Points
    2136000020

    got milk?

    you don't get what you wish for ~ you get what you work for

    ...






  6. #6
    Monochromatic Bunny
    Vieope's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    drinking coffee..
    Posts
    15,084
    Rep Points
    19251541

    Quote Originally Posted by rockgazer69
    COKE
    1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

    2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

    3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

    4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

    5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

    6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

    7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

    8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.



    FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
    1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

    2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

    3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!


    </B>Now the question is, would YOU like a glass of water or Coke?</B>
    Not true, maybe only 4 and it helps to clean some coins. Other than that, everything is false. Discovery Channel has an awesome tv show called mythbusters, they tried all those myths there.
    I highly recommend this tv show. I just love it.

  7. #7
    happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER
    PreMier's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,874
    Rep Points
    175938472

    Numbers 3,5,6 work to my knowledge.
    P-side Inc.

    "the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

  8. #8
    Monochromatic Bunny
    Vieope's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    drinking coffee..
    Posts
    15,084
    Rep Points
    19251541

    Quote Originally Posted by PreMier
    Numbers 3,5,6 work to my knowledge.
    Yes, it does but not because of the properties of the chemicals in coke but only because it is a liquid. Try more water next time.

  9. #9
    FLEXecutioner
    Flex's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Pomping Iyuhn
    Posts
    6,278
    Rep Points
    8700367

    Doesn't affect me.

    I always just tell the bartender "can i get a rum and coke....hold the coke"
    You're a funny guy, Sully, I like you. Dat's why I'm going to kill you lahst.


    * Got juice?*Need Motivation?*How to Train*
    *Arnold vs. Ronnie vs. Haney vs. Sergio*
    *YEAH BUDDY...LIGHT WEIGHT!*Ahhnold*

  10. #10
    happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER
    PreMier's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,874
    Rep Points
    175938472

    Quote Originally Posted by Vieope
    Yes, it does but not because of the properties of the chemicals in coke but only because it is a liquid. Try more water next time.
    Your wrong. If you put water on the corrosion from battery acid, it wont come off.. that ring on the inside of your toilet wont come off by using water, and there is NO way you are going to loosen a bolt with just a wet rag.
    Even when I had braces, I was told not to drink coke.. why? The phosphoric acid in it will corrode the glue that holds them to your teeth.
    P-side Inc.

    "the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

  11. #11
    Monochromatic Bunny
    Vieope's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    drinking coffee..
    Posts
    15,084
    Rep Points
    19251541

    Quote Originally Posted by PreMier
    Your wrong. If you put water on the corrosion from battery acid, it wont come off.. that ring on the inside of your toilet wont come off by using water, and there is NO way you are going to loosen a bolt with just a wet rag.
    Even when I had braces, I was told not to drink coke.. why? The phosphoric acid in it will corrode the glue that holds them to your teeth.
    Nah, I donĀ“t buy it. Maybe if you leave there for a few days the phosphoric acid may corrode something. That loosen bolt was just because you used coke this time instead of those self-help books that you carry around.

  12. #12
    happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER
    PreMier's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,874
    Rep Points
    175938472

    P-side Inc.

    "the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

Similar Threads

  1. She really makes me thirsty!
    By TheGreatSatan in forum Open Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-10-2011, 04:29 PM
  2. Constantly feel thirsty. Why?
    By Energy in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 07:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->