To all HIT advocates!!!

High Intensity Freak
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

To all HIT advocates!!!

I have a question about HIT, I know, like I don't have enough questions already!!! But my question comes from the Matt Brzycki book "A Practical approach to Strength Training". In his book he says that a muscle that hasn't been worked in a 96 hour period, begins to lose both strength and size. That worries me in that if in fact I do the HIT program, I would be only hitting each bodypart once a week. Thats a bit longer than 96 hours. If I follow an upper/lower split then at least I would hit each BP once every 4-5 days. I follow a 3 day a week program (M-W-F) Please help me to believe that once a week is enough for the muscle to grow and become stronger. Kinda worried here My routine that I have started is like this:
    Monday-Push group (Chest/shoulders/triceps)
    Wed-Legs/abs
    Friday-Pull group (Back/traps/biceps/forearms)
    I am worried this would not be enough according to Matt's Book.
    "I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me" - Philippians 4:13

"For NOTHING is impossible with GOD" - Luke 1:37

Stay puffed, baby.

Rep Points

There is no study cited in his statement because it is a false statement. It's untrue.
    "in the howling bleeding nights, the dogs plunge into the Volga and swim desperately to gain the other bank. The nights of Stalingrad are a terror for them. Animals flee this hell; the hardest stones cannot bear it for long; only men endure."

High Intensity Freak
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

He also reccomends a full body workout, what do you think? I know Mentzer recommended 1 training session like every 4-5 days. Is it because you are lifting as heavy as possible that this works? Sorry, told you had alot of questions

Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Don't worry about asking questions. It is better to try and inform yourself than to be willfully uninformed.

I believe Mentzer had said 6-10 days was the optimal amount of time it took to get the best recovery and grow period before you lifted again. I could be wrong though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.

Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

High Intensity Freak
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BigDyl
    Don't worry about asking questions. It is better to try and inform yourself than to be willfully uninformed.

I believe Mentzer had said 6-10 days was the optimal amount of time it took to get the best recovery and grow period before you lifted again. I could be wrong though.
    Thanks, just don't want to tick people off with so many questions ya know?!!

Stay puffed, baby.

Rep Points

Don't swet it do..

As much as I truly admired Mentzer (if I could emulate any physique, it would without question be him), I feel he was off on his frequency advisement..
    "in the howling bleeding nights, the dogs plunge into the Volga and swim desperately to gain the other bank. The nights of Stalingrad are a terror for them. Animals flee this hell; the hardest stones cannot bear it for long; only men endure."

Elite Kiki
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

As much as I truly admired Mentzer (if I could emulate any physique, it would without question be him), I feel he was off on his frequency advisement..[/QUOTE]

What do you reccomend frequency wise then? And, was I right with the 6-10 days he advocated?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbm8795 View Post
    Oh, I think Americans understand that the one thing conservatives hate the most is the idea of spending American tax money on Americans. . .in America.

Your tax money is safe. . .in Iraq.
    Total ownage.

Stay puffed, baby.

Rep Points

Yeah it was something like 5-7 days between each workout...

I agree with the Jones/Darden frequency of 2-3 workouts a week, with an optional not to failure training session.