• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

To all HIT advocates!!!

King Silverback

High Intensity Freak
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have a question about HIT, I know, like I don't have enough questions already!!! But my question comes from the Matt Brzycki book "A Practical approach to Strength Training". In his book he says that a muscle that hasn't been worked in a 96 hour period, begins to lose both strength and size. That worries me in that if in fact I do the HIT program, I would be only hitting each bodypart once a week. Thats a bit longer than 96 hours. If I follow an upper/lower split then at least I would hit each BP once every 4-5 days. I follow a 3 day a week program (M-W-F) Please help me to believe that once a week is enough for the muscle to grow and become stronger. Kinda worried here :( My routine that I have started is like this:
Monday-Push group (Chest/shoulders/triceps)
Wed-Legs/abs
Friday-Pull group (Back/traps/biceps/forearms)
I am worried this would not be enough according to Matt's Book.

There is no study cited in his statement because it is a false statement. It's untrue.

He also reccomends a full body workout, what do you think? I know Mentzer recommended 1 training session like every 4-5 days. Is it because you are lifting as heavy as possible that this works? Sorry, told you had alot of questions :( :confused:

Don't worry about asking questions. It is better to try and inform yourself than to be willfully uninformed.

I believe Mentzer had said 6-10 days was the optimal amount of time it took to get the best recovery and grow period before you lifted again. I could be wrong though.

BigDyl said:
Don't worry about asking questions. It is better to try and inform yourself than to be willfully uninformed.

I believe Mentzer had said 6-10 days was the optimal amount of time it took to get the best recovery and grow period before you lifted again. I could be wrong though.
Thanks, just don't want to tick people off with so many questions ya know?!!

Don't swet it do..

As much as I truly admired Mentzer (if I could emulate any physique, it would without question be him), I feel he was off on his frequency advisement..

As much as I truly admired Mentzer (if I could emulate any physique, it would without question be him), I feel he was off on his frequency advisement..[/QUOTE]

What do you reccomend frequency wise then? And, was I right with the 6-10 days he advocated?

Yeah it was something like 5-7 days between each workout...

I agree with the Jones/Darden frequency of 2-3 workouts a week, with an optional not to failure training session.

Back