NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Doing the impossible?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rep Points

Doing the impossible?

please look at my gallery. I am pretty fat right now. I just made a bet with my friend that by this summer I will have a clear looking six pack. Do you think it's impossible?

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Thats plenty of time.. just have to follow a strict diet.
    P-side Inc.

"the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

Rep Points

if it's not too much trouble, can you guys help me get a diet that will allow me to accomplish that. I want to eat healthy so badly but i don't understand. Is there a good book i can use?

Rep Points

and how about cardio?

Rep Points

man im willing to be so dedicated... I just need to learn how to do it and ill do it...

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

Go to the diet & nutrition section. Read the sticky called the "Guide to Cutting, Bulking, and Maintenance." That is a good place to start.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

Rep Points

thx cowpimp

Rep Points

hey i was just wondering, is 5 wheat bread slices too many for my situation? cuz i eat pbj and eggs with wheat bread...?

Follow @TheUnzippedFly

Rep Points

forget the j, and only eat pb if its all natural in my opinion.
    Age: 22 | Height: 5'8" | Weight: 150 lbs | Penis: 12 inches

Follow @TheUnzippedFly

Rep Points

Again man, read the stickies.

Rep Points

i just posted the updated pictures in my profile... what do u guys think... I went crazy today... Sorta did HIIT but not that intense for like 30 minutes and then did abs and then later on in the day worked out on biceps and back... sore as fuk lol... Check out the pictures... are rock hard abs possible?

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by pumpthatiron
    hey i was just wondering, is 5 wheat bread slices too many for my situation? cuz i eat pbj and eggs with wheat bread...?
    you want almost all of your carbs to come from whole food sources. whole, oats, rice, beans, lentils, fruits, veggies, etc...eat as little processed carbs as possible
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Rep Points

oh, i dropped white rice and instead im eating wheat bread... should i eat white rice instead?

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

No man.. white rice is high on the GI scale. It has to be brown rice. Re read that sticky in the diet forum, there is a shopping list as a word .doc there. READ, then ask questions
    P-side Inc.

"the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

Rep Points

what kind of ab exercises should i be doing, weighted or regular situps? if someone can gimme a list to do that would be quite helpful, thanks.

Rep Points

sorry prem

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Ab exercises wont do much for fat loss.. leave that to cardio and diet. If you want to lose that weight, you REALLY need to read up on diet. Tell me your weight, and I will post a plan to help you tomorrow, ok?
    P-side Inc.

Rep Points

i'm 190-195. omg ur the best!!! thanks a lot man that would be awesome!!!
    height 5'10

Rep Points

My best friend had a worse body than you. We're both about 5'10" and he was about 215. He joined the gym and we have been working out together for about 3-4 months. We only lift, hardly any cardio. He's still about 205, but much much smaller around the waist and bigger in the shoulder region. He doesn't yet have abs, but his gut isnt hanging over his stomach anymore either. He also hasn't changed his diet much.

I think in 6 months, you could completely change your physique and probably see some ab development. With correct eating, you could be there a lot quicker. You sound really determined, but be determined not to overtrain. It will diminish your gains and make you more prone to just give up.

Good luck.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

its all in the diet. you are going to have to lower your bf%. you can train your abs like theres no tomorrow but if they are covered with fat you will never see them.

5 slices of bread a day is way too much imo.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

please look at my gallery. I am pretty fat right now. I just made a bet with my friend that by this summer I will have a clear looking six pack. Do you think it's impossible?
    what % of bf have you lost in the past 5 months ?
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Okay.. first, you might want to use a sight like www.fitday.com That is what I use to track my caloric intake. Since you have no real plan at the current moment, I would recommend that you start at around 13cals per lb of bodyweight. For a total of 2550 cals a day. This is important* you need to monitor your weight and body comp for the next week or two, and then adjust your calories from there. I am just giving you a basepoint.

The next thing to do, is get yourself eating 5-6 meals a day.. and balancing the diet. That means you want to have equal parts protein/carbs/fat in each meal if possible. For #'s sake, lets put you on 6 meals a day.. that comes out to 427calories per meal a day. A good diet for you would be 40/30/30(P/C/F).

Oh.. and a bit more info. You should base your diet around LEAN quality proteins, fiberous veggies, essential fatty acids, and complex carbs.
    P-side Inc.

Rep Points

Okay, I'm willing to do that but i don't know what i can eat in those 6 meals. Any good recipes and stuff that is healthy and tastes good?

Rep Points

Easily, if you do it right. Follow the afore given advice. Dont starve yourself thinking it will help and dont do cardio every day.
    Kevin

"If you eat alot and workout hard and consistantly you will make good gains"

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Okay, I'm willing to do that but i don't know what i can eat in those 6 meals. Any good recipes and stuff that is healthy and tastes good?

See this post.. http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/sh...35&postcount=1

I told you to READ it. Look at the bottom, there is an attachment that has foods on it. You need to READ, thats all it takes. You can learn bro.. I am not going to make a complete diet for you
    P-side Inc.

Follow @TheUnzippedFly

Rep Points

R-E-A-D

It's that simple.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

you've been coming to this site for 5 months. what have you been eating this whole time ?

Rep Points

Start by changing as little as possible to elicit a response. That way when you plateau you don't have to cut calories to nothing and do an hour of cardio everyday.

EDIT: I think you have your work cut out for you if you want abs by summer. Not saying it is impossible, but you are definitely not leaving any room for error. Personally, I think no carb would be the way to go for the first 3-4 months, or at least a CKD.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM
    you've been coming to this site for 5 months. what have you been eating this whole time ?
    i have acquired some healthy eating habbits but i still eat a lot of bad food. for example, i haven't had white bread in like months and I stopped eating 2 full plates of white rice for lunch. Instead i eat half a plate of white rice and chicken and stuff. I drink regular milk and eat cereal in the morning. The thing is that I don't know what i can make that is good

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Do you like oatmeal(old fashioned)? Eggs? Those are good..

Brown rice/oatmeal/squash/sweet potato's/yams.. are all good for afternoon evening meals.(carbs)

Lean steak/boneless skinless chicken breast/fish/extra lean ground beef.. are all good afternoon evening meals.(protein)

Then just throw in some fiberous veggies broccoli/asparagus/brussel sprouts..

Before bed, eat a little bot of cottage cheese(casein protein).
    P-side Inc.