Butter?

Thread: Butter?

Rep Points

Butter?

Should I or should I not have butter on my bread? I'm trying to gain lean mass, and I'm wondering whether I should use butter on bread and toast.

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ph8bringer
    Should I or should I not have butter on my bread? I'm trying to gain lean mass, and I'm wondering whether I should use butter on bread and toast.
    If it where me, even if I was trying to gain I would not use butter (but then again, I would not be eating the bread either - unless it was sprouted bread)...

If you want to add moisture then use a healthy fat such as avocado, peanut butter/almond butter or walnut oil (don't knock it till you try it). You could also try a bit of cottage cheese...

Sugar-free jam would also be an option to add some moisture.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

butter is better than margarine...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Rep Points

Well, I really don't mind eating it without butter. I was just wondering if it's ok to use it. Now I'll simply make sanwiches and toast without butter.

The thing you said about not eating bread... That's a bit of a problem for me. Sandwiches are a huge part of my diet. What could I do to replace it? Is wholemeal bread ok?

IM lesbo extraordinaire

Rep Points

During bulking, breads that provide 3 g and more of fiber per serving are great IMHO. They are usually a tad higher in calories but represent healthy carbs and fiber to curb appetite...I think its all good...
    Life is what you make of it, not what it makes you...TAKE CHARGE!

http://www.boners.com/content/791433.1.jpg

I see YOU!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

How much butter are you putting on the bread? Sm. amount or the whole stick?

Use lightly and not every day and not bunches during the day.
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."

Rep Points

Personally I stay away from butter, however, if you HAVE to have some it is way better than margarine or any fake butter stuff out there. Magarine is mostly trans fat where as butter is pure saturated fat. Better choice for cooking if you HAVE to have something to cook with.

Now I'm not saying butter is good to have I'm just saying there are worse things out there so don't think butter is the end all of be all for bad fats.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

INK NOT MINK
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Try some olive oil and sesame seeds to moisten the bread

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

The thing you said about not eating bread... That's a bit of a problem for me. Sandwiches are a huge part of my diet. What could I do to replace it? Is wholemeal bread ok?
    I am not a fan of most commercial breads - they process the hell out of it and pump it full of crap so it stays 'fresh'.

Don't use wholemeal bread is simply white bread with a little colour in it...
    If you can, grap yourself some sprouted or pumpernickel bread. The ingredients should read something like: sprouted grain, water, +/- salt. That is about it. These breads are far lass processed and actually offer you something in terms of nutrient content.

Otherwise - sweet potato, yams, legumes (chick peas, kidney beans, lentils, black beans), whole grains (oats, barley, rye, buckwheat) are the way to go.

Rep Points

See if you can find Promise in a tub. 5 calories per tablespoon. Good size tub = 80 calories. Mainly veggie mono and digylcerides. Works quite well on bread.

Believe, Achieve, Succeed

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM
    butter is better than margarine...
    TASTE much better than margarine too
    Drama is the result of an attempt
    to find wholeness & success
    in the midst of forces that have been
    birthed in chaos and nurtured in confusion.
    -- No More Drama

Rep Points

Butter = No No
    Let's all join together and SPEAK ENGLISH IN AMERICA.

Rep Points

I CAN'T BELIEVE ITS NOT BUTTER

has a butter spread that is fat free and 5 cals per Tablespoon.

No trans fats. You guys have not seen it on the supermarket shelves?
    " I cannot be defeated; the only thing that can defeat me is my mind."

In life, if you don't stand for something,
    You will fall for everything.
    And if you keep trying to be everything you're not,
    You'll end up missing out on
    Everything you were meant to be.

..is bulking up!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Isnt (good)mayo a decent/acceptable source of fats?

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BulkMeUp
    it's far from the worst with 1.5 grams of saturated fats per serving...as long as you keep your sat fat intake less than 25% of your total fat cals you are fine...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

cooking up a storm
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BulkMeUp
    The cheap stuff is a good source of trans fats

Rep Points

I prefer Safflower Mayo.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.