• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Butter?

ph8bringer

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Should I or should I not have butter on my bread? I'm trying to gain lean mass, and I'm wondering whether I should use butter on bread and toast.

ph8bringer said:
Should I or should I not have butter on my bread? I'm trying to gain lean mass, and I'm wondering whether I should use butter on bread and toast.
If it where me, even if I was trying to gain I would not use butter (but then again, I would not be eating the bread either - unless it was sprouted bread)...

If you want to add moisture then use a healthy fat such as avocado, peanut butter/almond butter or walnut oil (don't knock it till you try it). You could also try a bit of cottage cheese...

Sugar-free jam would also be an option to add some moisture.

ph8bringer said:

butter is better than margarine...

Well, I really don't mind eating it without butter. I was just wondering if it's ok to use it. Now I'll simply make sanwiches and toast without butter.

The thing you said about not eating bread... That's a bit of a problem for me. Sandwiches are a huge part of my diet. What could I do to replace it? Is wholemeal bread ok?

During bulking, breads that provide 3 g and more of fiber per serving are great IMHO. They are usually a tad higher in calories but represent healthy carbs and fiber to curb appetite...I think its all good...

How much butter are you putting on the bread? Sm. amount or the whole stick?

Use lightly and not every day and not bunches during the day.

Personally I stay away from butter, however, if you HAVE to have some it is way better than margarine or any fake butter stuff out there. Magarine is mostly trans fat where as butter is pure saturated fat. Better choice for cooking if you HAVE to have something to cook with.

Now I'm not saying butter is good to have I'm just saying there are worse things out there so don't think butter is the end all of be all for bad fats.

Try some olive oil and sesame seeds to moisten the bread :lick:

ph8bringer said:
The thing you said about not eating bread... That's a bit of a problem for me. Sandwiches are a huge part of my diet. What could I do to replace it? Is wholemeal bread ok?

I am not a fan of most commercial breads - they process the hell out of it and pump it full of crap so it stays 'fresh'.

Don't use wholemeal bread is simply white bread with a little colour in it...
If you can, grap yourself some sprouted or pumpernickel bread. The ingredients should read something like: sprouted grain, water, +/- salt. That is about it. These breads are far lass processed and actually offer you something in terms of nutrient content.

Otherwise - sweet potato, yams, legumes (chick peas, kidney beans, lentils, black beans), whole grains (oats, barley, rye, buckwheat) are the way to go.

See if you can find Promise in a tub. 5 calories per tablespoon. Good size tub = 80 calories. Mainly veggie mono and digylcerides. Works quite well on bread.

IML Gear Cream!
LAM said:
butter is better than margarine...

TASTE much better than margarine too

I CAN'T BELIEVE ITS NOT BUTTER

has a butter spread that is fat free and 5 cals per Tablespoon.

No trans fats. You guys have not seen it on the supermarket shelves?

BulkMeUp said:
Isnt (good)mayo a decent/acceptable source of fats?

it's far from the worst with 1.5 grams of saturated fats per serving...as long as you keep your sat fat intake less than 25% of your total fat cals you are fine...

BulkMeUp said:
Isnt (good)mayo a decent/acceptable source of fats?
The cheap stuff is a good source of trans fats :thumbdwn:

I prefer Safflower Mayo.

Back