NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Back surgery

Thread: Back surgery

Rep Points

Back surgery

last April I had a disk L4/L5 take a crap on me. I finally decided to go under the knife. Monday morning the doc will basically clip off the part of the disk that is buldging out and hitting a nerve. That nerve runs down my right leg.
    I am tired of felling like I have a knife in my right butt cheek and a numb foot.
    I haven't been able to work out much. Limited exercises, blah, blah.
    It's an out patient operation. Doc said I could do cardio within days and back to lifting in 4 to 6 weeks.

Anybody else had this procedure? Outcome.

Rep Points

my dad has this surgery, he was able to get totally back to normal in a month or so.. i dont think cardio should be much of a problem at because my dad was very much back to normal after a few days too. he was very very happy after his surgery, i know what your going throuh because that disk problem sucked for him, he was in a lot of pain.

good luch with it
    workin to get r-r-ripped to shreds.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

I have complete disc herniations at L4/L5 and S1/S2 and opted not to get surgery since it could come out worse post op. I also have lost most of the feeling in my left foot due to sciatica but am used to it now. It's actually kind of cool, I can kick the shit out of anything with my left foot and not feel a thing...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Swelling up

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM
    I have complete disc herniations at L4/L5 and S1/S2 and opted not to get surgery since it could come out worse post op. I also have lost most of the feeling in my left foot due to sciatica but am used to it now. It's actually kind of cool, I can kick the shit out of anything with my left foot and not feel a thing...
    ROFL...i'm sorry i read that and almost pissed myself. That's fucking hilarious!
    I'm coming in the gym, i'm coming at home, i'm coming in front of 25,000 people...it's fantastic!

My Little Man

Rep Points

LAM does that prevent you from doing some lifts?
    What this means is that when we drop a ball and it falls to the ground, it wasn't the ball that moved (down to the ground), but the ground that moved (up to the ball)

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KarlW
    LAM does that prevent you from doing some lifts?
    nah...when I first injured my back (car accident) I couldn't do shit but over about 5-6 years I buildt my my core strength back up. I started out at ground zero doing back squats ATF with 135 lbs (w/ no belt of course). now I can do anything with the exception of heavy deads...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.