NapsGear.net


Do you really want to look good naked?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 53
  1. #1
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    165
    Rep Points
    294691

    Do you really want to look good naked?

    I think I'm happier with a little extra meat and filling out my shirts. When I'm really cut, I look marginal in clothes.

    Anyone else?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Du's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Folly Beach, SC
    Posts
    4,196
    Rep Points
    4373274

    Quote Originally Posted by seabee
    I think I'm happier with a little extra meat and filling out my shirts. When I'm really cut, I look marginal in clothes.

    Anyone else?
    Being bigger is always better. Who cares what you look like naked? Lift big, eat big, get big.

  3. #3
    Lift or Die
    ELITE MEMBER
    BoneCrusher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    8,588
    Rep Points
    10178302

    Quote Originally Posted by seabee
    I think I'm happier with a little extra meat and filling out my shirts. When I'm really cut, I look marginal in clothes.

    Anyone else?
    CLothing off the rack ... especially shirts ... seldom fit me well. When I wear a shirt that is comfortable in the chest and shoulders there is an extra 10 yards of fabric in the waist area. T-shirts shrink down Ok ... but button-ups ... fugetaboutit.

  4. #4
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    43
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by seabee
    I think I'm happier with a little extra meat and filling out my shirts. When I'm really cut, I look marginal in clothes.

    Anyone else?
    Interesting thought. Really true if you think about it, like how many people see you in your clothes, and how many people see you naked? And those few that see you naked, most likely they're too busy thinking how they look at the same time that they wouldn't notice any flaws anyway.... I say go for the meaty look!

  5. #5
    Fueled by Testosterone
    MODERATOR
    CowPimp's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    15,929
    Rep Points
    16817091

    I think clothes look better on my when I'm lower body fat. As well, I feel that lower body fat levels give the illusion of more size via the increased definition, particularly in my arms. It's all opinion. Do whatever floats your boat.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

    CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

  6. #6
    Registered User
    WilliamB's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    703
    Rep Points
    10

    Wow this is a horrible question. Most people are not going to look worse in their clothes because they lift weights or cut some fat. This is just a wasted thread. Having some nice looking muscles make you look good naked or in clothes end of discussion. Go ask the ladies, dont ask us jocks lol.

  7. #7
    Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez
    LAM's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2002
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Las Vegas & Florida & St. Croix
    Posts
    16,355
    Rep Points
    962148245

    depends on what "look" you are going for and if other peoples perception of you matters that much. in this day and age if you are anywhere close to 15% body fat you are almost a greek god, less than 10% body fat and you look like a total freak of nature...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

  8. #8
    Stay puffed, baby.
    Duncans Donuts's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,776
    Rep Points
    1299648

    I admire people who succesfully maintain 8-12 percent body fat. It's looks far better nude than the average joe
    "in the howling bleeding nights, the dogs plunge into the Volga and swim desperately to gain the other bank. The nights of Stalingrad are a terror for them. Animals flee this hell; the hardest stones cannot bear it for long; only men endure."

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Du's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Folly Beach, SC
    Posts
    4,196
    Rep Points
    4373274

    Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
    CLothing off the rack ... especially shirts ... seldom fit me well. When I wear a shirt that is comfortable in the chest and shoulders there is an extra 10 yards of fabric in the waist area. T-shirts shrink down Ok ... but button-ups ... fugetaboutit.
    Absolutely. It fucking sucks. Im 6'4", 250, with a 34 inch waist but broad shoulders. If I get a size to fit my shoulders and height, the stomach is about 15 inches too big. Its tough, and frustrating.

  10. #10
    Fueled by Testosterone
    MODERATOR
    CowPimp's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    15,929
    Rep Points
    16817091

    Quote Originally Posted by LAM
    depends on what "look" you are going for and if other peoples perception of you matters that much. in this day and age if you are anywhere close to 15% body fat you are almost a greek god, less than 10% body fat and you look like a total freak of nature...
    Bahaha!
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

    CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

  11. #11
    Pump Till You POP


    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    185
    Rep Points
    10

    Of course it also depends on how fat you are!

    If you got a gut, your going to say meaty looks better!

    I would bet most ladies would like to see nice hard abs once those clothes come off.

    As someone said, what ever floats your boat! If it makes you feel better about your gut, then go for it.

    The gut on men is one of the hardest areas to lose once it has gained a lot of sublevel fat.

    Personally, once my gut is gone, I'm going to wear those old split shirts that leave your stomach showing just so I can show the world my wash board abs. (I've got a ways to go so for now, I guess the meaty look is alright too!!)
    Was on a Ephedrine buying Frenzy before it was to late... Now, I've got enough stocked up to last 10 years!!

  12. #12
    Registered User
    QuestionGuy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    2,804
    Rep Points
    5431238

    Depends on the season, During summer bb are usually cut and look good on the beach, but I look much smaller during summer due to the loss of weight. But during winter when im bulking I put on about 15-20 pounds and I look a lot bigger with a nice shirt on.................I like both, but If I could have 8-10% all the time I would love that, It is just to hard tho..

  13. #13
    MP Minister of Pain!
    ELITE MEMBER
    DeadBolt's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ocean County NJ
    Posts
    7,393
    Rep Points
    3272684

    Quote Originally Posted by QuestionGuy
    Depends on the season, During summer bb are usually cut and look good on the beach, but I look much smaller during summer due to the loss of weight. But during winter when im bulking I put on about 15-20 pounds and I look a lot bigger with a nice shirt on.................I like both, but If I could have 8-10% all the time I would love that, It is just to hard tho..
    15-20lbs of fat??? Good god lol...why not try a little bit of a cleaner bulk then?
    "Only in dictionaries does SUCCESS come before WORK." -Alfred K. Henderson

    Today I do what others will not so that tomorrow I can do what others cannot!

  14. #14
    Registered User
    QuestionGuy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    2,804
    Rep Points
    5431238

    no no, I mean like around 15 pounds on a bulk when Im adding muscle and fat together man...

  15. #15
    MP Minister of Pain!
    ELITE MEMBER
    DeadBolt's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ocean County NJ
    Posts
    7,393
    Rep Points
    3272684

    Quote Originally Posted by QuestionGuy
    no no, I mean like around 15 pounds on a bulk when Im adding muscle and fat together man...
    Oh ok I was like damn your bulks must be crazy if you add 15-20lbs of fat lol.
    "Only in dictionaries does SUCCESS come before WORK." -Alfred K. Henderson

    Today I do what others will not so that tomorrow I can do what others cannot!

  16. #16
    Registered User
    QuestionGuy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    2,804
    Rep Points
    5431238

    yup

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBolt
    Oh ok I was like damn your bulks must be crazy if you add 15-20lbs of fat lol.
    I never get to the poin where I have a gut or where I look like the "normal guy".....even on bulks..

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Prince's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    63,556
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by seabee
    I think I'm happier with a little extra meat and filling out my shirts. When I'm really cut, I look marginal in clothes.

    Anyone else?
    If you live in a "seasonal" state like I do, Colorado, then yes in the summer I want to be more cut since I will be wearing less clothing, but in the winter I would rather bulk up and fill out my clothes.


    IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15






    IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15



  18. #18
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Posts
    8
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by du510
    Absolutely. It fucking sucks. Im 6'4", 250, with a 34 inch waist but broad shoulders. If I get a size to fit my shoulders and height, the stomach is about 15 inches too big. Its tough, and frustrating.
    I went and researched this one time and "athletic" cut (in the U.S.) is something like 8 inches larger at the waist than in the chest. Talk about industry feeding the public's delusions of adequacy.

    I think the real question is: when you're naked, do you look good enough to ask "honey, will you tailor this shirt for me?" and get a "yeah, whatever, now..."
    Maybe this guy's technique would help -->

  19. #19
    Stay puffed, baby.
    Duncans Donuts's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,776
    Rep Points
    1299648

    I went and researched this one time and "athletic" cut (in the U.S.) is something like 8 inches larger at the waist than in the chest. Talk about industry feeding the public's delusions of adequacy.
    Wait a second...what the hell does that mean? I know I'm not understanding that right.
    "in the howling bleeding nights, the dogs plunge into the Volga and swim desperately to gain the other bank. The nights of Stalingrad are a terror for them. Animals flee this hell; the hardest stones cannot bear it for long; only men endure."

  20. #20
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    165
    Rep Points
    294691

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamB
    Wow this is a horrible question. Most people are not going to look worse in their clothes because they lift weights or cut some fat. This is just a wasted thread. Having some nice looking muscles make you look good naked or in clothes end of discussion. Go ask the ladies, dont ask us jocks lol.
    Fine...Ladies what do you think?

    I can tell you this, I think a girl lifter with a little extra meat to smooth things out a bit, looks alot better than a ripped, vascular girl (in clothes or naked).

    Which body would you rather touch?

  21. #21
    tjwes, I can flex fat ;)
    GIZmo_Timme's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    165
    Rep Points
    144826

    I dont like ripped girls with six pack and man boobs...

  22. #22
    Drinking buddy
    Newt's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    372
    Rep Points
    144826

    I accually look better naked!
    " I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself."-Johnny Carson

  23. #23
    Lookin' for abs !
    ELITE MEMBER
    gwcaton's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    central missouri
    Posts
    9,177
    Rep Points
    10

    At my advanced age it is important to look good naked . Since I am sure I will be spending more time in the doctors office /hospital to fix all my old age problems .


    But seriuosly I agree with Prince. I am a seasonal kind of guy.
    My Last Journal Before The One You're Reading Now
    Old Journals :
    My P/RR/S Journal
    My GWcaton Journal
    My Bulking Journal

    Just remember, when you think you're done you've just started . DEADBOLT . 2005

  24. #24
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Posts
    8
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Duncans Donuts
    Wait a second...what the hell does that mean? I know I'm not understanding that right.
    An 'athletic cut' shirt is supposed to be slimmer than average, but it is cut to support a fairly large midsection. To me "athletic" implies muscular and not overly fat, which would mean the chest is larger than the waist. Based on your avatar, I think that certainly applies to you.

    The second comment was suggesting that the clothing industry is making it OK to have significant belly by calling it 'athletic'. I would guess that a 'regular cut' dress shirt would properly fit someone who was technically obese. Though, I guess that is a "regular" American these days.

    So if I was unclear or offended in any way. I'm gone for 10 days now, so I won't be able to respond after this.

    Mike

  25. #25
    Registered User
    kvyd's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nor MI
    Posts
    1,130
    Rep Points
    742493

    Athletic cut is chest is 8 inches larger than waist. So if you are buying a suit, then a 40 jacket will have a 32 pant.
    Kevin


    "If you eat alot and workout hard and consistantly you will make good gains"

  26. #26
    Functional Lifting = Life


    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,537
    Rep Points
    3146125

    Shouldn't that be in proportion though? I mean what if there's someone on the smaller side, wouldn't that be much harder to get those measurements because of the disproportional gap?

  27. #27
    Its time to eat...AGAIN!
    Egoatdoor's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Richmond Virginia
    Posts
    1,038
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by seabee

    I can tell you this, I think a girl lifter with a little extra meat to smooth things out a bit, looks alot better than a ripped, vascular girl (in clothes or naked).

    Which body would you rather touch?
    I like a ripped vascular girl with muscle. And they are out there. Ripped and vascular doesn't mean aneorexic.
    Getting bigger is a battle and the weapon is my fork.

    "The harder I work, the luckier I get"- Jenny Lynn

  28. #28
    Shut up and train!
    ELITE MEMBER
    Robin Hood's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    280
    Rep Points
    3241550

    Quote Originally Posted by GIZmo_Timme
    I dont like ripped girls with six pack and man boobs...
    And this is what female bodybuilders have been fighting with for years....guys with attitudes like yours.

    "Women aren't supposed to be muscular"..."Muscles take away from a woman's feminity"...Blah blah blah!

    Who has defined feminity. I guess its all personal opinion and you have a right to prefer less muscular women. But I will say this...my boyfriend is also bodybuilder and the more muscle and definition I get, the more he likes to admire and touch my body.
    If you don't risk anything, you risk even more!

  29. #29
    Fueled by Testosterone
    MODERATOR
    CowPimp's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    15,929
    Rep Points
    16817091

    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood
    And this is what female bodybuilders have been fighting with for years....guys with attitudes like yours.

    "Women aren't supposed to be muscular"..."Muscles take away from a woman's feminity"...Blah blah blah!
    That's not what he said... He said he doesn't like girls like that. He can't really help what kind of girls he is attracted to. In general, I also prefer the girl to be lean, but smoothed out. Of course, there are plenty of exceptions.

    You have the right to do whatever you want to your body, but he has the right not to be attracted to it. That's all I'm really saying.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

    CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

  30. #30
    Shut up and train!
    ELITE MEMBER
    Robin Hood's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    280
    Rep Points
    3241550

    Quote Originally Posted by CowPimp
    That's not what he said... He said he doesn't like girls like that. He can't really help what kind of girls he is attracted to. In general, I also prefer the girl to be lean, but smoothed out. Of course, there are plenty of exceptions.

    You have the right to do whatever you want to your body, but he has the right not to be attracted to it. That's all I'm really saying.
    Guess you're right CowPimp...to each their own. Its just that I constantly get that attitude from my family and a few friends.

    Naked, I look very defined and lean. With clothes on, I just look slim and well proportioned. Guess I'm lucky that I found a man who likes both "sides" of me.
    If you don't risk anything, you risk even more!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 153
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 03:34 PM
  2. one naked pic...almost
    By Latsha in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 08-27-2011, 09:34 PM
  3. one naked pic...almost
    By Latsha in forum Sexual Health
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 04:06 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 06:17 PM
  5. I do not look good naked, but...
    By seabee in forum Training
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-29-2003, 09:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->