• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Ever Been Injured?

T-Man

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Was just wondering for those of you who have had injuries:

1.) How long/ what was your injury
2.) How much gains did you lose and how long it took to gain them back

We've all had injuries of some sort.

Before I got serious about lifting, I blew out my back doing 21's. I was cheating and using too much weight, going too fast... I dont remember what I lost, but I was in some rough pain for quite a while.

O man injuries o so many LOL.

I've...torn my rotator cuff left arm.
I was out for a while with this one and loss aloty of strength in all my presses.

I've...hurt my achillies tendon right leg.
This kept me from working out legs and a few upper body movements for a few weeks b/c it was nothing crazy. Couldn't walk for a few days but once the pain went away a standard stretching routine got me right back into it...damn those heavy calf raises.

I've torn my MCL in my left knee and severly sprained it all at the same time.
Oh this one was recent b/c of my old job. Kept me from doing any leg work and lots of upper body movements for almost 2 months and lost alot of strength. I lost some size to...not happy but had to deal with it.

I broke my arm and had a huge plate put in my wrist and forearm. I was out of lifting for 3-4 months. I lost alot of gains upper body wise and a ton of strength. Everything I had came back within two months.

ive never been injured. :D i suppose im somewhat lucky. :) I have taken some huge spills while snowboarding, but never injured myself. In the gym, the most ive done was tweaked my neck when doing military presses. Slight stiffness for a few days and thats it.

I've been in a car wreck (headon) where I shattered my right heel, had that all put back together then had to have the bone shaved since it was grown through my heel pad, also had to have the bone in the back of it shaved and achille's tendon detacched and re attached do to the wreck. That was back in 96 and I wasn't working out at that time. I was 8 weeks non weight bearing the first time, 4 weeks the second time. Had to learn to walk all over again.

Since working out...I had small tears in my right mincus that was repaired this past Feb. Was out of the gym a week, started working legs 4 weeks later.

Normally just deal with stiff joints in my wrists and sometimes shoulder, right ankle gives me shit at times too. I just deal with these as I am getting fricken OLD!!!!

broken my wrist back in 99 kept me out of the gym for 3 months.tear pec doing 315 for 10 then 5 then 3(pec rip on the last rep set).motorcycle crash kept me out for 8 weeks i lost about 30lbs .just now got back in the gym from that.

I was doing too much weight on an incline DB press (I was pissed cause I hadn't been moving up in weights for a long time) and I was straining with my lower neck and upper back. All of a sudden on the second to last rep I wanted to do, I dropped the weights and couldn't pick my neck off the pad. I laid there for about 10 minutes unable to move. It felt like someone was holding my head down against the pad and I couldn't do a fucking thing (really scary). I ended up pulling the shit out of some muscles in my neck and upper back, it took me about good month before I could get back to lifting.
If it wasn't for the help of acupuncture I think I would have been out longer. It was a really stupid thing to do and I've learned from it and it helped me in way learn of to train with patience and smarts. I needed to get injured, it felt good to take a month off and when I went back I had more energy than I've had in a long time.

Peace,
Joe

i have a torn ligament in my upper back, my lower back is messed up pretty good, and i have a broken tail bone that hasn't healed all way and it's been like 2 months. i can't stop lifting though.

I've...torn my rotator cuff left arm.
I was out for a while with this one and loss aloty of strength in all my presses.

I've been there done that! I just started lifting hard on my legs again too. A group of guys and I were showing off on the squat rack and that was a year ago. I really screwed up my back!

IML Gear Cream!
1. I am the king of injuries so Ill just tell yo9u my most recent one. Torn quad. I gutted through it but it didnt improve so I took two months off and it healed but i didnt rehab so it came back
2. I got over the injury and didnt really loose to much I got back to normal after a few weeks but I could have been farther and been gaining instead of staying the same

my worst injury to date was August 2003 when I woke up and my right arm hurt so badly I went to the ER. It turned out to be muscles in my upper back putting pressure on my brachial plexus nerve. I could not work-out for about 4 weeks and when I started back I had lost 80% of my strength in my right arm. I had to rehabilitate it, after about 1.5 months of training I was able to do a push-up again. It took a full year before i regained all size and strength in my right pec, tricep, bicep and shoulder.

Pnemonia- 16weeks and 20lbs
Calf/back tear- 4 weeks and counting.. 8lbs.

3rd degree seperation of the clavicle, Anterior & posterior labrum tear, 1-of the 2-heads of my bicept torn off, Scapula messed up, minor rotator cuff tears.
But I got some great pictures of the surgery and the inside of my shoulder!
It wouldnt have been so bad if the MRI would have shown all the damage, but I opted for therapy first and eventually since I was losing strength and in pain, I demanded the surgery. Thats when they found out that 1 of the heads of my bicept was torn off and had to reattatch it. all in all over 2-years has gone by. I was told not to do any lifting with my bicept for 9-months for fear of tearing it off again.

I have never been injured that badly, knock on wood. The worst has got to be when I took a nasty tumble doing some downhill skiing and tore a muscle in my calf. I was limping for months while it healed. It affected my workouts in that I was unable to work legs for six months.

I've gotten LOTS of painful bumps and bruises mountain biking, but nothing that has kept me sidelined for very long (the worst was last year when I hurt my lower back and was off the bike for three weeks).

It took me a year before I found out I broke my clavicle bone and tore some ligaments or (tendons I think) in the process.
I still went to the gym with pain but I ignored it. I was struggling with most exercises even with the bicep curls.
On the bench I was only able to flat press 135 pounds for the longest, now after 3 years I went up to 255 pounds.
I guess if I knew my collar bone was broken I probably would not have went to the gym until I had surgary done.

Not really from lifting except maybe pulling a muscle....

But I have broken my left collar bone. That was about 3 years ago when I was at my friends house and we were preparing to paintball...Anyway, I'd rather not tell the story, kind of embarassing.

Seanp156 said:
Not really from lifting except maybe pulling a muscle....

But I have broken my left collar bone. That was about 3 years ago when I was at my friends house and we were preparing to paintball...Anyway, I'd rather not tell the story, kind of embarassing.
Did you get surgery?

No, I had two doctors look at it and they said the way it was broken it would be best to keep movement down for about two weeks until the bone has a chance to heal itself and that surgery could make it worse. It feels normal for the most part, but it looks kind weird, like one part's above the other. Sometimes when I lift it feels a little weird there, like itchy or something...

IML Gear Cream!
Seanp156 said:
No, I had two doctors look at it and they said the way it was broken it would be best to keep movement down for about two weeks until the bone has a chance to heal itself and that surgery could make it worse. It feels normal for the most part, but it looks kind weird, like one part's above the other. Sometimes when I lift it feels a little weird there, like itchy or something...
I had the same feeling, it went away but I know it's not 100%.

I have noticed that this injury just when I don't lift, if I workout the pain goes away.
It does bother me when I do upright rows.

Robert DiMaggio said:
my worst injury to date was August 2003 when I woke up and my right arm hurt so badly I went to the ER. It turned out to be muscles in my upper back putting pressure on my brachial plexus nerve. I could not work-out for about 4 weeks and when I started back I had lost 80% of my strength in my right arm. I had to rehabilitate it, after about 1.5 months of training I was able to do a push-up again. It took a full year before i regained all size and strength in my right pec, tricep, bicep and shoulder.
If you don't mind me asking; what caused it?

T-Man said:
Was just wondering for those of you who have had injuries:

1.) How long/ what was your injury
2.) How much gains did you lose and how long it took to gain them back

1-Blew out lower back.
2-Slight rotator cuff tear.
3-Slight hamstring tear.
4-Strained neck.
5-Severe tendonitis in elbow

cfs3 said:
If you don't mind me asking; what caused it?

as far as I know probably overtraining, the muscles below my scapula just got inflamed and put pressure on the nerve, that is all I know...

herniated disc(L5), 2 badly sprained ankles(each one, dumb luck one time, drunk the other), sprained wrist(i was stupid with this one), pulled hamstring(hurt like a biotch), mild concussion(stupid once again). No broken bones or pulled muscles though

also a sprained finger, didn't get back to normal size for 2 years

Robert DiMaggio said:
as in a herniated disc?

Never had it diagnosed actually...but my guess would be yes.

I Are Baboon said:
tore a muscle in my calf. I was limping for months while it healed. It affected my workouts in that I was unable to work legs for six months.

Damn.. 6 months?! Thats a long time. Did you go to physical therapy?

ive torn both my tricpes before and had minor injuries but have gotten wise to reason and have changed my work out to suit that

Premier where did you get that avatar from as a m8 of mine from an old forum board not realted to fitness designed that

Neo

Back