Will Calorie Fluctuation Boost Metabolism?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Will Calorie Fluctuation Boost Metabolism?

Hi,
    I am just wondering since my fat loss is trickling and I am at a plateau right now, if the metabolism or speed of fat loss can be spiked if I eat more calories one day, and then go down lower the next etc.... and keep doing that until I reach my fat loss goal? Will this help me lose fat faster and get me out of this plateau?

I know off hand that my ideal fat loss caloric level is around 2000 calories, and my maintenance is around 2600, so I was thinking about eating 2000 calories one day or maybe 2 or 3 days, and then go up to 2200 or 2300 the next etc.... so as to "fool my starvation mode" as Tom Venuto would say.

Would this work?

Any suggestions or comments welcome. Also if someone has a more effective method, please share. I would greatly appreciate it as I am quite frustrated right now since I have not gained any results for quite a while, even though I am doing everything faithfully.

Thank you!

Monochromatic Bunny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

You want to find an excuse for eating more during a diet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Yea yea, that's it ;-)

No, actually, i just am really struggling with losing body fat and i have not had a loss for almost two weeks ;-(
    On top of that, I really can't eat more then 2000 calories a day. I'm never that hungry, so if I could keep the calories lower, i would, but some are saying that maybe I need to go to maintenance for a while.

So what should i do?

thank you!

Rehabing to the Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Fitness Celebrity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

what kind of diet are you on? is it low carb? what is ur body fat percentage?

a spike in calories may not be necessary... depends on the diet you are doing. they are generally more helpful with a low-carb diet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Re-

Hi Squanto,

Actually I am not on any particular diet. I eat a certain amount of calories and I make sure I am consuming a lot of proteins and healthy carbs, and efa fatty acids such as fish and flax oils.

I think I may need to follow something specific. My goals are to just lose fat. I don't really care to bodybuild (gain a lot of muscle) as I am naturally stocky and I would rather just be skinny and toned. All I want to do is lose my fat, specifically in the stomach, sides, upper legs and butt areas. I am thin everywhere else.

So, knowing this, what would you suggest? Should I be consuming a certain amount of carbs, fats and proteins? Or should I be looking at my caloric intake more importantly?

Well, I am 5'7", 29 years old, my weight is 185lbs. How many calories is my maintenance? How many calories should I take out to lose fat (minimizing losing muscle)? What is my ideal carbohydrate, protein, and fat grams per day to lose fat?

Maybe I am just consuming too many carbs. My biggest problem is I am never hungry (naturally), so I have a very hard time eating as much as 2000 calories a day. My calories have been around 1500 per day for almost a month. I thought about raising my calories to 2000 once or twice a week and then go back down again (similar to the zig zag method or "refeed" method. Would this help?

Thank for your help!