• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Stretching

chunky34

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
When you read about stretching, you find out that stretching is suppose to help recovering from hard workout.

My question is pretty simple : How can stretching can help recovering, since stretching broke down even more muscles tissus, damaging them, therefore it takes more time recover. I guess this last statement is false, maybe you could help me out on this one.

Another example, extreme stretching, from Doggcrapp method. Is it suppose to help recovering too?

Help you would appreciated.

nobody ?

I like to stretch, especially legs. If I don't I get nasty pulls in my hams when I squat

no stretching does not further wear / frey muscle fibers.

It does relieve muscle tension and promotes better blood flow which then allows white blood cells to do their job.

Not stretching also promotes shortened muscles, which makes you more prone to injury. If you have muscles pulling you out of balance eventually your body will rebel and blow something.

Ive never stretched before lifting. Infact I rarely warm up.

ponyboy said:
Not stretching also promotes shortened muscles, which makes you more prone to injury. If you have muscles pulling you out of balance eventually your body will rebel and blow something.
im quite sure not stretching doesnt PROMOTE shortened muscles. How do muscles shrink but not atrophy any way?

I'm not sure how stretching helps to aid recovery, but it certainly does help reduce DOMS. As well, lacking flexibility prevents one from achieving proper range of motion on many exercises and increases the chance of injury.

On a side note, I don't stretch before I workout, only after. I used to stretch before, until I read of the potential strength losses as a result. Also, you are more likely to tear a muscle when it isn't fully warmed up.

Yeah, I always do my extreme stretch after I finished a bodypart. Thanks for advice.

Machher said:
im quite sure not stretching doesnt PROMOTE shortened muscles. How do muscles shrink but not atrophy any way?

They don't shrink, they get tighter - it's a basic fact of muscle contraction that this has to happen. It doesn't mean the muscle is weaker, in fact it is stronger when it is shortened. However, a shortened muscle also pulls more constantly on the joint it crosses and this can cause injury in the long run.

Back