IronMagLabs.com

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

6 week competition diet

primeau

Rep Points

6 week competition diet

So I am looking for a 6 week diet. My BF is 7% weighing in at 175 and 5'11".
    I am 22.

I am not stepping on stage but I want to "mock" a competition preparation to a T. I know that your body enters a anabolic state before a show and you can put more weight on afterward this way rather than constatnly bulking. Plus summer is coming up soon and I am going to Greece. I have been bulking for 1 year and gone from 128 to 175. I currently eat 4K relatively clean calories a day (40% carbs, 40% protein, 20%fat).

I am looking for a strict regimen without paying the local pro at my gym $250 for a meal plan. This guy has made quite more than that off me this year and being a student makes thing a little tight.

Any feedback would be great, thanx

I see YOU!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Post your current diet.
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."

primeau

Rep Points

5 g of glutamine upon awaking

meal 1
    3 whole eggs and cheese
    1 whole piece of fruit
    1 cup of oatmeal and somes sugar
    1 serving of juice
    2 g of flaxseed oil

workout-5g of glutamine/4g of luecine/ 2 g of isoluecine and valine

post workout
    60g of whey
    40 g of carbs
    10 oz of skim milk

meal 2
    2 quaterpound sirloin cheese burgers
    1 glass of whole milk

shake (1000 cal)
    60g of protein
    110 g of carbs
    2 spoonfulls of peanut butter
    herseys syrup
    10 oz of skim milk

meal 3
    10 oz of chicken
    1 cup of white rice

meal 4
    10 oz filet
    baked potato w/ sour cream and butter

bedtime shake (350)
    17g of fat/17 carbs/34 of casein protein

typically 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% of fat
    I usually sleep 8-10 hour a night and do no cardio or abs...ever. My BF went from 4.5 to 7 over the last year. I have been told that it is too hard to take a competition diet seriously, when there is no competition, but I will have no problems with following instructions.I hardly know anything about dieting and carb depletion and loading, so I might need to go over the ABC's of a competition diet.

Rep Points

Ditch the milk, butter, potato, sour cream, fruit (except for apples and grapefruit), fruit juice, peanut butter, hershey's syrup, white rice, bread and cheese. Cut the egg yolks down to 1 per day and add in more egg whites instead. Trim the red meat to only ONCE per day or better yet, once every other day. Add in green veggies, brown rice and fish oil and whala! You have a competition diet.

No joke either LOL!

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

primeau

Rep Points

R U serious? No carb changing. I am supposed to keep my carb levels constant for 6 weeks. What about sodium intake? Sleeping patterns? Meal timing and spacing?

Thanx for the input Jodi

I see YOU!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Ditto what Jodi said.
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."

Rep Points

That depends on how you respond to carbs. Closer to competition you are, typically the less carbs you eat.

Sodium keep low. If you are going to sodium load then you need to read up on that.

Meal timing and spacing is just like any other diet. Be sure your carbs are at pre and post workout and that your bedtime meal is protein and some EFA's.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.