• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

5 -6 meals aday

cally

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi

One question for you, how do you guys manage to eat 5 - 6 meals aday?.

I am unable to do this due to working mon to fri

Thanks

James

I used to work away form home too, (lots easier now that Im at home full time)brought a cooler with tuna, cottage cheese, yogurt, shakers with protein powder already measured in it, lettuce, carrots, bread etc...I always brought too much, but it enabled me to eat throughout the day...

A cooler and freezer packs become your best friend.

Prepare your meals ahead of time. Cook enough chicken and veggies to last a few days. Oats are easy to pack. It's all about planning and prepping.

Exactly! Prior planning, a cooler, protein powder (packets, for convenience, and to avoid protein candybars as much as possible), beef/turkey jerky, almonds. I quit counting meals, myself. Now I just eat constantly all day...

Excellent. All I need to do now is workout what I should be eating.

I normally buy frozen veg which I then boil in water. After boiling them, how many days can I keep them for?. 2?

James

Don't boil your veggies. That takes all the nutrients out of them. You would be better off just throwing the frozen in the micro for a minute or 2 (without adding water) just to heat them up.

Excellent Jodi

Thanks for the tip. You learn new things everyday :)

James

Jodi said:
Don't boil your veggies. That takes all the nutrients out of them. You would be better off just throwing the frozen in the micro for a minute or 2 (without adding water) just to heat them up.
Where do the nutrients go? into the water? or are they just "killed"

What about fresh veg like say green beans, bok choy, broccoli etc is steaming OK? What about stir fry?

Yeah basically into the water, for the most part. Steaming veggis is great and stir fry is fine as well so long as you don't over cook them.

IML Gear Cream!
cally said:
Hi

Thanks

James

I work a fulltime job, M-F and manage to eat 5 to 6 meals a day. You just have to schedule them in your day. Just gotta pack it and bring it with you.

man throw those veggies in the micro with about a tsp of water if any! Works great.

Jodi said:
Yeah basically into the water, for the most part. Steaming veggis is great and stir fry is fine as well so long as you don't over cook them.
So can you just drink the water? LOL

IMO frozen veg + micro = spongy texture :cry: Anyway to crisp em up?

KarlW said:
So can you just drink the water? LOL

IMO frozen veg + micro = spongy texture :cry: Anyway to crisp em up?
Why do you cook them so long then? I only nuke mine for a minute. They are practically still cold but they are crispy.

ahhhh OK then. I'll try that. thanks

cally said:
Hi

Thanks

James

Learn to love tupperware! :p

Check out this thread --> HERE for some quick ideas.

Jodi said:
Why do you cook them so long then? I only nuke mine for a minute. They are practically still cold but they are crispy.
Some veggies like green beans take longer. I dont mind veggies being soft/mushy. i dont like the raw taste. Any suggestions in dealing with that while maintaining max nutrient value?

Last edited:
BulkMeUp said:
Some veggies like green beans take longer. I dont mind veggies being soft/mushy. i dont like the raw taste. Any suggestions in dealing with that while maintaining max nutrient value?
steam them. when they are soft and mushy they are not as nutritious. Raw vegetables are the healthiest vegetables.

IML Gear Cream!
Jodi said:
steam them. when they are soft and mushy they are not as nutritious. Raw vegetables are the healthiest vegetables.
Thanks Jodi.

One of the reasons i asked about cooking veggies is that I have read a few articles over a period of time that suggest both raw and cooked veggies should be included in a diet. The reasoning behind this is that the human body is not primarily designed to digest raw veggies and 'In many cases cooking actually increases the availability of phytochemicals. For example lycopene is far better absorbed from cooked tomatoes than from raw tomatoes.'.

Just wondering what are your thoughts on this. Thanks again.

Back