• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Pylon's new journal

Pylon

Squishy
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
OK, so after 6 months, I finally decided to start an online journal. So far, here's the progress I've made:

Starting weight - 323
Starting BF - 23.2%

Current weight - 290
Current BF - 16.8%

Things are going well, but I'd like to make sure I stay on track. This seems like a good way to do it. (And I'm probably skipping my cardio today. Have a cold, can't breathe...treadmill might be a bad idea. Maybe I'll feel better tonight.)

Did legs yesterday:

Hip Sled - 2 warmup x 15 (90lbs, 180lbs)
360 x 10
630 x 8
720 x 6
810 x 6
900 x 4

Followed with squats: 225lbs, 3 sets of 20 (almost died from that)

Finished with 3 sets of 50 leg extentions (started at 100lbs, ended at 45lbs)

Crawled into the shower, stumbled thru rest of day. Fell asleep before 9pm. 10 hours of sleep. Felt good.

And, of course, now stuffed up, can't breathe. If up to it, will crank out cardio tonite while playing NFL Blitz, hope to be ready for back and tri work tomorrow. Woo hoo!

Sorry, guess I should have added that. I'm 6' - 6'1", depending on what shoes I'm wearing.

I lucky that I have a pretty strong structure to build off of. I'd like to get my BF down to under 12% and work on flexibility. I used to play a lot of roller hockey, but haven't for a while and probably wouldn't do very well at this point. (I play goal, so it takes a while for the reflexes to come back.)

My leg days are best, mostly because I can crank up the weights. Other days are good, but not as fun. (My bench is around 210 right now, deadlift around 275, I think.)

Cold Iron said:
Youre a pretty big pylon
Yah...but not quite as big as I was....:p

Cold Iron said:
True, nice progress bud :thumb:
Actually, I maxed out at close to 350, about 2 years ago. I'm happy with where I'm at (comparitively speaking), but still lots of work to do.

No cardio today

Couldn't breath, so I figured I was OK to skip. I'll pick it up this weekend. (Famous last words, huh?)

OK, so didn't get to the gym today either, and actually got talked into lunch with some others. Caved a little, had a calzone, but managed not to do too much damage. Guess I'll lose an off day this weekend to go lift...

I'm kinda at a sticking point right now. I feel like I can' get moved off of 285-290. I just bought new pants that are smaller than last time around, but I'm stuck on the weight thing. Just need some extra motivation, I guess. Shitty weather and a cold make it tough to get stoked up...

Hmm. Should've started this journal earlier...or later. A low spot is probably not the best place to start from, huh?

Pylon said:
OK, so didn't get to the gym today either, and actually got talked into lunch with some others. Caved a little, had a calzone, but managed not to do too much damage. Guess I'll lose an off day this weekend to go lift...

I'm kinda at a sticking point right now. I feel like I can' get moved off of 285-290. I just bought new pants that are smaller than last time around, but I'm stuck on the weight thing. Just need some extra motivation, I guess. Shitty weather and a cold make it tough to get stoked up...

Hmm. Should've started this journal earlier...or later. A low spot is probably not the best place to start from, huh?
NAAAAA!! You picked the best time...that way, the bad, or hard times will be fresh in your memory when U are tempted to skip more w/o's or eat more calzones!!;) Dont quit!

IML Gear Cream!
crazy_enough said:
NAAAAA!! You picked the best time...that way, the bad, or hard times will be fresh in your memory when U are tempted to skip more w/o's or eat more calzones!!;) Dont quit!
Hmm...sounds like the voice of experience. :D

As the day rolls on, my slide continues. I went into full tilt junk mode tonight. The funny part is, I've been harping about buying healthy food for some time now. So I headed to the kitched, craving anything other than chicken or egg whites. I guess my shopping theories have been working, because I couldn't find ANYTHING! The worst I could throw together was a quesadilla made from chicken and veggies with cheese, plus a couple of toaster waffles my kid doesn't like. (I couldn't bring myself to eat the ones he does like.)

I also know I don't have the patience for anything that would take more than 5 mintues to make. So, I ate a rice cake or two and mixed a bowl of sugar free pudding with low carb milk.

I'm not sure if all this makes me feel better or not. If I had the junk, I'd eat it, but I don't, so I can't. I guess it's pretty effective self preservation in advance.

It's not easy brother, but you have to stick with it!!! Where are you at in "the Lou"? I'm about 20 minutes outside of St. Louis.

Pylon said:
... So I headed to the kitched, craving anything other than chicken or egg whites. I guess my shopping theories have been working, because I couldn't find ANYTHING! The worst I could throw together was a quesadilla made from chicken and veggies with cheese, plus a couple of toaster waffles my kid doesn't like. (I couldn't bring myself to eat the ones he does like.)

I also know I don't have the patience for anything that would take more than 5 mintues to make. So, I ate a rice cake or two and mixed a bowl of sugar free pudding with low carb milk.

I'm not sure if all this makes me feel better or not. If I had the junk, I'd eat it, but I don't, so I can't. I guess it's pretty effective self preservation in advance.

Can't tell you how many times I have been through the same scenario almost verbatim. It works really well to control my binging tendencies. I find myself eyeing my father's food but can usually restrain myself by remembering that it is his. Getting rid of junk completely is such a good call!

Archangel said:
It's not easy brother, but you have to stick with it!!! Where are you at in "the Lou"? I'm about 20 minutes outside of St. Louis.
Affton. And yes, I'm within walking distance of Fortell's. Never a good thing...

The good news is I came out of it OK the next morning. Man, what was that about?

Back on track with the food, just about over the cold, back in the gym on Monday. Chest and Arms. Good times, good times...

Pylon said:
Affton. And yes, I'm within walking distance of Fortell's. Never a good thing...
:finger: :nope: :no: :funny:

Pylon said:
Back on track with the food, just about over the cold, back in the gym on Monday. Chest and Arms. Good times, good times...
:cool2: :lifter: :thumbs:

Got an early start. 45 min on the bike downstairs...now off to football. Feeling mucho better.

IML Gear Cream!
Chest/Biceps day, 4 sets of 8 on each

HammerStrength Preacher curls - 90lbs
Standing Alt BD Curl - 35, 40 x 2, 35lbs
Rev Cable Curl - 80, 100x2, 120

Smith incline press - 90, 130, 160x2
DB incline press - 50x2, 60x2
Pec Deck - 135, 150, 165x2

Good day. I usually do chest then bis, but swapped today. Didn't feel as gassed when done, but 15 minutes later could really feel it. Snuck in an extra 5 minutes of cardio at the end, just because I had a little time. Back on track with food as well.

As I was leaving, one of the other lifters (don't really know him but have seen him once or twice there) made a point to ask how much I had lost and how, and complemented me on my progress (but not in a gay way or anything...not that there's anything wrong with that.) Nice way to end the day...

Cardio day today...started on eliptical, bounced to bike halfway thru.

Had a group lunch at work...they have gotten used to me showing up after working out and bringing my own food. Kinda makes me laugh.

Last edited:
Pylon said:
Chest/Biceps day, 4 sets of 8 on each

HammerStrength Preacher curls - 90lbs
Standing Alt BD Curl - 35, 40 x 2, 35lbs
Rev Cable Curl - 80, 100x2, 120

Smith incline press - 90, 130, 160x2
DB incline press - 50x2, 60x2
Pec Deck - 135, 150, 165x2

Good day. I usually do chest then bis, but swapped today. Didn't feel as gassed when done, but 15 minutes later could really feel it. Snuck in an extra 5 minutes of cardio at the end, just because I had a little time. Back on track with food as well.

As I was leaving, one of the other lifters (don't really know him but have seen him once or twice there) made a point to ask how much I had lost and how, and complemented me on my progress (but not in a gay way or anything...not that there's anything wrong with that.) Nice way to end the day...
Keep it up Brother. :thumb:

Pylon said:
Got an early start. 45 min on the bike downstairs...now off to football. Feeling mucho better.
You play foozball??? Foozball for the Devil!!! :laugh: Love that line in "The Waterboy". So what team you play football for?

Archangel said:
You play foozball??? Foozball for the Devil!!! :laugh: Love that line in "The Waterboy". So what team you play football for?
Um...no...just, uh, watching...football...

Ahh, leg day! I'm traveling for business the rest of the week, so this may be my last lift until Monday. (Can still sneak in my cardio, though. Not sure if I'm happy about that or not.)

Leg ext (4x20) 100lbs
SS with leg curl (4x20) 100

leg sled
540 x 20
630 x 15
720 x 10
810 x 8

DB sumo squat (3x15) 100, 120x2

leg ext (3x8) 150, 200x2
leg curl (3x8) 160, 200x2

Cardio day on the road, always a challenge. The hotel I'm in had two treads and a bike, but all in good shape. Plus, the room was empty and the temp was around 120 inside. (OK, maybe 80, but it felt pretty hot.) Cranked out time on both machines, and I'm going to sneak back down and do some laps in the pool. (They are checking the Ph right now, so I have a few minutes to kill.)

I tried something a little different on the tread: running. Now, you have to understand, I don't even run in from the car when it's raining. My worst memories of high school were gym class on running days. Hated it, still do. But I figured, what the heck, let's see how it feels now.

I still don't love it, but it is amazing the difference when you are carrying less weight. My legs are pretty strong, but having dropped 40lbs or so int he last 6 months makes it a whole new deal. My knees feel OK, and the work was way diff from fast walking on max incline. Still not a lot of endurance, but I can see working it into my routine to build up without Mr. Cherv screaming at me to finish the lap.

Who'da thunk it? OK, off to the pool!

OK, the pool was a bust. Too small for laps, plus an old women's exercise group had moved in. I didn't want to fight them for space (heck, I wouldn't want them power walking in my gym) so I opted for a hot tub soak and stretch instead. Still felt gooooooood...

Hey Brother, at least your still doin' somethin!!! By the way, puttin up some serious weight on legs :yes:

Archangel said:
Hey Brother, at least your still doin' somethin!!! By the way, puttin up some serious weight on legs :yes:
That's why I love leg day, my man!
thumb.gif

Back