• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

chest and legs

westb51

on a constant bulk
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Does anyone train legs and chest together? My friend does, and I told him that there were better splits than that and if were lifting right (hard, intense) he wouldn't have energy to get a quality chest or leg workout. I'm I correct in my statement?

If i ever do them together, I do them at seperate times of the day. Chest in the morning legs at night. But this is rare and only done is I have to for some reason. Legs are a big muscle and I usually do the by themselves.

I got a question pertaining to legs though.
Do many people split legs into two days, quad day and hamstring day? After squats plus other quad workouts, I usually need to either throw up, or I am so shakey I can barely do SLD's, and other ham workouts very well.

If you do a proper leg workout, you should not have any energy left to do any more exercises.

I have trained total body before. there are ways to make it work.

westb51 said:
Does anyone train legs and chest together? My friend does, and I told him that there were better splits than that and if were lifting right (hard, intense) he wouldn't have energy to get a quality chest or leg workout. I'm I correct in my statement?
You can - and many people do.. It all depends on what type of training you are doing and how you train during your session...

westb51 said:
Does anyone train legs and chest together?

heard of chest/back but not legs/chest. if you did low volume you could do it although I'm not sure why you would, there is no benefit.

Would find it hard to believe you could train these parts together, but then again never say never in this game. I train chest and back together and people think I'm insane.

cfs3 said:
If you do a proper leg workout, you should not have any energy left to do any more exercises.
Don't necessarily agree. A small bodypart can be trained.

I train legs and tris. Tris are a small part and also one of strongest( in terms of symmetry in comparison to the rest of me), so I train them after legs. The tri workout is less intense than other parts because it don't have to train them as hard.

PeterGunz said:
Do many people split legs into two days, quad day and hamstring day? After squats plus other quad workouts, I usually need to either throw up, or I am so shakey I can barely do SLD's, and other ham workouts very well.
that seems a little like overkill, but, do what ye gotta, eh?

IML Gear Cream!
PeterGunz said:
I do them together. My calves and hams are also much less developed than my quads, so I prioritize by doing calves and then hamstrings before quads.

I find doing hamstrings before squats also help warm up the hamstrings so that they do not fail before the quads which can cause me to quit before the quads are fully fatigued.

I've done quads and hammies on separate days in the past. Can work quite well. Actually I think I did hammies/chest together on that day.

I've also done quads/chest but I found it less than desirable compared to other splits.

If you're going to do all the leg muscles in one session, then I think they definitely deserve their own day. If nothing else, I would avoid coupling them with another major body part. It really depends on volume and frequency in the routine, but assuming he hits each body part once per week I wouldn't recommend it.

Back