Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Deez

Thread: Deez

Fitness Celebrity

Rep Points

Deez

My Old Workout

After doing P/RR/S for a long time, I'm ready to try something new.
    I was working out 4 days a week like this:
    Mon - Chest/Tri/Delt 16 Sets, all to failure
    Thurs - Abs - 8 sets, all to failure
    Tues - Back/Bi/Forearms - 16 sets, all to failure
    Fri - Legs - 12 sets, all to failure

I had good results from it, but i recently changed up my routine. I also think I was overtraining when I was doing P/RR/S, I think i was going to failure too often. I hurt my wrist doing deadlifts, and have been taking it easy on certain freeweight exercises. But my wrist is just about healed, so I'm getting back into the swing of things.

My Current Workout:

I'm also transitioning from a cut to a bulk, which I started on 1/3/05. I started this style of exercising that day too.

Lately I'e been doing an upper/lower body split. I'e been doing it like this:

Week 1:
    Monday - Upper
    Wednesday - Lower
    Friday - Upper

Week 2:
    Monday - Lower
    Wednesday - Upper
    Friday - Lower

I do a given exercise and go for 8 reps throughout the whole set. The last set it may be to failure or almost failure. then every couple weeks, i go heavy on my wednesdays, to see how im progressing. I'm slowly going to incorporate freeweights back into this part of my workout.

Right now, my Upper Body looks like this:
    Bench - 1 warm-up, 4 sets
    Machine Military - 2 sets
    Machine Row - 1 warm-up, 4 sets
    Tricep extension or Dip - 2 sets
    Curls - 2 sets

and my Lower Body:

Squats - 4 sets
    Leg Curl - 2 sets
    Standing Calf Raise - 2 sets
    Hyperextensions - 3 sets
    Ab machine - 4 sets

No deadlifts for now, they are how I injured my wrist (I dropped the weight, and it pulled my wrist out). But soon enough, I'll deadlift again.

Since then all of my lower body exercises have gone up in weight, higher than I ever got before. It's weird though, cuz I'm going a lot lighter than I was. I havent gone up as much in upper body strength, but i attribute part of it to my wrist injury. It's also difficult to measure my upper body strength, as I'm using a lot of machines rather than my old freeweight exercises.

I have a tendency to slowly add sets to my workouts over a period of time. This has lead me to overtrain I believe, plus the fact that I used to go to failure on every set. I need some help concentrating on my back, but without adding unnecessary sets.

My Future Workout:

I also want to focus on my upper trapezius and rear delt, as i feel they need some work. I'm gonna try adding CG pullup and french curl combination rather than regular bicep work so i can get some forearms in there, but I'm not sure if my biceps will be happy enough with that... I'll see on Monday.

So here is what I'm planning to do, starting Monday 1/31/05:

Shrugs - 1 or 2 sets??
    Lat Row - 2 sets
    Delt Row - 2
    CG Pullup - 2
    Alternate Flyes and Bench, depending on the day - 4 sets
    Military (Machine or DB) - 2 sets
    French Curl - 2 sets
    Tri Extension - 2 sets

How many sets of shrugs? This is 17-18 sets, instead of 15. Am I adding too many sets? What does everybody think about my routine?

I'd post about my diet, but I've probably scared most of you away with how absurdly long this post is. Maybe next time.

Thanks for looking at my journal!

Fitness Celebrity

Rep Points

ok, I'm going to do this on Monday:

Lat Row - 2 sets
    Delt Row - 2
    Shrugs - 1 set
    CG Pullup - 2
    Military (Machine or DB) - 2 sets
    Flyes - 4 sets
    French Curl - 2 sets
    Tri Extension - 2 sets