• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What are your opinions on HIT

fantasma62

HIHT
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
While I have been out with a shoulder injury and an allergy, I have been studying on training that is effective but at the same time is safe for my shoulder problem. Some mentioned HIT, so I began reading about it. In fact I even went as far as buying The New High Intensity Training book by Dr. Ellington Darden.
Although the routines seem pretty basic and some of the results have been amazing, I am an old style lifter. I trained 3-4 times a week and I would train body parts rather than full workouts.
In my case it'll be good to do full body workouts because I am also looking to shed fat or cut.
Now, I need to know from ya'll my internet family, what you folks think about HIT and about the results that it could bring. I also would like to know how it can also hurt me.
I respect the opinions from the members of this community and would be hard pressed to not ask for those before I decide to or not to embark in such a training regime...
The floor is yours.......

It takes a very ballsy/tough person to properly complete HIT. I think it is an absolutely brilliant program, and even went as far as to buy the Darden book you too bought. There are some excellent stories in there, and some excellent tips aswell, but personally I like to seperate what I do on each day.

Duncan Donuts is probably the biggest HIT advocate around, you should check out his journal, very informative.

I used HIT to get ready for my first ever contest. I decided about 10 months out that I was going to do it. This was no easy task though as I was almost 280 pounds of pure blubber. Never really worked out consistantly. A month here, a month there. A week here a, week there. I followed HIT like this. I worked out 3 times a week
Mon-Uppers
Wed-Lowers
Fri-Uppers
and alternate the following week. I did cardio on Tu, Th, and Sat.
Look at my gallery, not exactly much, but I felt and feel much better about myself.

Sox: So whatcha think about the team this year. They kept them pretty intact. You'll see that losing Pedro (The turncoat) will not hurt the Sox much. In fact, I'd say that no matter what the Spankmees try to pull, they will still lose. I am also happy because I am a Marlin fan and we took Pedro's buddy away from him (Delgado)
Regarding the HIT, I will definitely keep your comments in mind. I'll check Duncan's journal....

Archangel: Cool Nick by the way....You weighed 280 pounds? and then you looked like that? with HIT? Man, you really did great. What was your competition weight? Thanks for the input, I am really stoked about this....
By the way, Phil. 4:13, a very strong verse....

Tony,

HIT/Rest pause made me *noticably* stronger in 2 months.

fantasma62 said:
Archangel: Cool Nick by the way....You weighed 280 pounds? and then you looked like that? with HIT? Man, you really did great. What was your competition weight? Thanks for the input, I am really stoked about this....
By the way, Phil. 4:13, a very strong verse....
Thanks on the nickname!!! Yes right at 280. All with HIT. My competition weight was 213. No problem, glad to be of assistance!!! Thanks alot for the compliment.
Phil. 4:13, My favorite in the bible!!! :thumb:

Arch, you look great man

Duncans Donuts said:
Arch, you look great man
I am glad you came by here. I really couldn't find your journal.....
I'll get to reading...

Luke9583 said:
Tony,

HIT/Rest pause made me *noticably* stronger in 2 months.
Thanks Lucky Luke, you know your input is always welcome and expected....

IML Gear Cream!
Archangel said:
I used HIT to get ready for my first ever contest. I decided about 10 months out that I was going to do it. This was no easy task though as I was almost 280 pounds of pure blubber. Never really worked out consistantly. A month here, a month there. A week here a, week there. I followed HIT like this. I worked out 3 times a week
Mon-Uppers
Wed-Lowers
Fri-Uppers
Look at my gallery, not exactly much, but I felt and feel much better about myself.
Now, did you follow the "One set to failure" doctrine? Or did you do it differently. Everything that I have read so far, says that if I have proper form and do my reps slowly, I will be close to fatigued in my last rep.
Whatcha think?

Well, I was reading Duncan's journal, which by the way was extremely interesting, and he did one set. He's huge.....

fantasma62 said:
Now, did you follow the "One set to failure" doctrine? Or did you do it differently. Everything that I have read so far, says that if I have proper form and do my reps slowly, I will be close to fatigued in my last rep.
Whatcha think?
Yes Sir I did!!! :yes: I picked 3 exercises from each bp. And did one set to failure for each. Trust me Brother, you will be fatigued!!! :laugh:

Archangel said:
Yes Sir I did!!! :yes: I picked 3 exercises from each bp. And did one set to failure for each. Trust me Brother, you will be fatigued!!! :laugh:
Forgive me for jumping on, but I'm gonna.

How many reps are the target for 1 set? Also, from your journal, it looks like you changed up from this style. Any reason?

Pylon said:
Forgive me for jumping on, but I'm gonna.

How many reps are the target for 1 set? Also, from your journal, it looks like you changed up from this style. Any reason?
Jump on Brother :thumbs: 8-12 for uppers, and 12-20 for lowers!!! I changed my routine because I know how HIT affects me, now I want to see how another program does, and then go with the one I got the best results on. Plus it keeps my body guessin'!!! :confused:

C'mon Tony, do HIT!!!!!!! You won't be disappointed. It may take a few w/o's to really get the intensity and the weights where you should be but you'll do great on it.

Damn Angel, I didn't know you weighed 280. I used to weigh about 290 a few years back. You look great now, what you accomplished is just awesome! :thumbs:

rock4832 said:
C'mon Tony, do HIT!!!!!!! You won't be disappointed. It may take a few w/o's to really get the intensity and the weights where you should be but you'll do great on it.
:yes: :thumbs:

rock4832 said:
Damn Angel, I didn't know you weighed 280. I used to weigh about 290 a few years back. You look great now, what you accomplished is just awesome! :thumbs:
Thanks Brother. Much appreciated :thumbs:

Archangel said:
Jump on Brother :thumbs: 8-12 for uppers, and 12-20 for lowers!!! I changed my routine because I know how HIT affects me, now I want to see how another program does, and then go with the one I got the best results on. Plus it keeps my body guessin'!!! :confused:
OK, so...and sorry if this was done somewhere and I missed it...what was a typical HIT routine and split? (If it is in your journal, Arch, let me know and I'll go find it.)

IML Gear Cream!
Archangel said:
I worked out 3 times a week
Mon-Uppers
Wed-Lowers
Fri-Uppers

3 exercises for each bp (1 set each exercise to failure)
Is this what you where askin for? It's not in my journal. Just started one with P/RR/S this month!!!

Archangel said:
3 exercises for each bp (1 set each exercise to failure)
Is this what you where askin for? It's not in my journal. Just started one with P/RR/S this month!!!
I was looking more at 1 set of this, 1 set of that, 3 days cardio, etc etc etc...

is this just in reference to HIT style lifting or lifting and cardio.
if so, what are some good types of HIT cardio that worked for any of you, if you do use HIT cardio

lifting HIT sytle, one set to failure is great. the only problem with it is that most people are not mental enough and to big of pu$$ys to do it properly. Sorry, sad but true.

P-funk said:
lifting HIT sytle, one set to failure is great. the only problem with it is that most people are not mental enough and to big of pu$$ys to do it properly. Sorry, sad but true.
I agree with you Patrick, you have to have a pair of brass balls to try it. I have been reading that you get to puke if done right....
I have puked before (right after drinking :D ), so I'm not worried.....

j rizz said:
is this just in reference to HIT style lifting or lifting and cardio.
if so, what are some good types of HIT cardio that worked for any of you, if you do use HIT cardio
For cardio it's called HIIT, one really good cardio style is Max-OT cardio, I read it's murder.....

rock4832 said:
Oh believe me, I am stoked about doing this. I was just getting all the information I can gather to do this right...

Archangel said:
Brother, P/RR/S is the shiatzu......Gopro has a very good plan and it works, no question. I was doing it, but I stopped because I hurt my shoulder, so after therapy ended, I wanted to find something good for cutting and quick (20 min. to 30 min.) since I need to play with my kids daily before they go to bed, and what I have been reading so far about HIT is that there is barely any rest and that I need to have good form to do it, so it will also be a re-learning experience......
I love P/RR/S and I am sure I'll be back on as soon as I am properly healed and have found out how HIT affects me and need to try something else, although not new to me.....

fantasma62 said:
Brother, P/RR/S is the shiatzu......Gopro has a very good plan and it works, no question. I was doing it, but I stopped because I hurt my shoulder, so after therapy ended, I wanted to find something good for cutting and quick (20 min. to 30 min.) since I need to play with my kids daily before they go to bed, and what I have been reading so far about HIT is that there is barely any rest and that I need to have good form to do it, so it will also be a re-learning experience......
I love P/RR/S and I am sure I'll be back on as soon as I am properly healed and have found out how HIT affects me and need to try something else, although not new to me.....
Thats ideal for your schedule. You'll have plenty of time to play with your kids. I understand you there!!! And as far as the rest between sets goes. I only rested enough to get to the next exercise. With the exception of squats, I rested till I almost got my wind back!!! Keep a journal. Would like to see your progress along the way and help out if I can!!! :thumb:

HIT rocks... I use a slightly higher volume HIT routine and Im extremely happy. I would do the one set to failure if I had a good spotter (which is really needed for HIT style training).

I use more of a Max OT approach ... between 4-6 sets per bodypart, 4-8 reps per bodypart, to failure.

Back