• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Shame on Ann Coulter

DFINEST

Believe, Achieve, Succeed
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Commentary: Coulter???s Take on Berry???s ???Mau-Mauing??? Reveals Her Own Insecurities
Date: Wednesday, January 26, 2005
By: Gregory Kane, BlackAmericaWeb.com

In those rare moments where I???m actually embarrassed, I have a standard quip that eases the burden: ???I???m used to being embarrassed. I???m a black conservative.???

Well, it???s pull-the-paper-bag-down-over-my-head time again, courtesy of Ann Coulter, who for the purposes of this column is Miss Ann Coulter, and I give not a tinker???s dam whether she pardons the pun.

Coulter is the conservative author and columnist who can match wits and words with the best of them. She???s fairly good-looking, but she???s no Halle Berry (More on that later.)

I pondered whether I should pick up Coulter???s latest work ??? How To Talk To A Liberal (If You Must) ??? when I saw it in a local bookstore recently. I???ll have to admit, I hesitated. As a black conservative, I do indeed have trouble talking to liberals. It???s almost as vexing as talking to white conservatives who are totally clueless on the matter of race.

In How To Talk To A Liberal, Coulter unleashes her inner clueless white girl, and lets her run buck wild for well over 300 pages. Oh, it???s not all bad. Her pieces on the 2000 presidential election, and how the U.S. Supreme Court got it right while the Florida Supreme Court got it wrong, are classic. So much for President George W. Bush ???stealing??? that election.

But on matters of race, Coulter couldn???t get a clue if it pimp slapped her.

???(Halle) Berry successfully mau-maued her way to a Best Actress Award ??? ??? Coulter wrote of Berry???s winning the Oscar in 2002 for Monster???s Ball. Then, after that gratuitous bit of race-baiting, Coulter accused Berry of some race-baiting of her own to win the Oscar when the sultry actress pointed out ??? correctly ??? that black actors and actresses still have trouble getting some roles.

You see what???s going on here, don???t you? Coulter had no problem with Denzel Washington winning an Oscar the same year. His was ???deserved,??? according to Coulter. It was Berry ??? despite a near unanimous consensus that she did indeed turn in the best performance by an actress that year ??? who ???mau-maued??? her way to an Academy Award.

This is nothing but catty hater-ation. What bothers Coulter is not Berry???s ???mau-mauing,??? but the knowledge that she???ll never even come close to being as fine as Berry is. Memo to Miss Ann: put your claws back in, dear.

Coulter really got buck wild on the issue of the Confederate battle flag, which still bugs a lot of black folks. It doesn???t bug me as much. I???m more concerned that Coulter all but accused Berry of terrorism, probably the better to increase her street cred with the David Duke wing of American conservatives (How this slight escaped those black folks who vigilantly ferret out every offense to the race is beyond me.). But Coulter said enough things wrong in defending the Confederate battle flag that are worthy of correction.

???Man for man,??? Coulter wrote, ???the Confederate army was the greatest army the world had ever seen.???

That would actually be the Zulus under Shaka, and any military historian worthy of being called one would tell Coulter that.

Southerners fly the Confederate battle flag, Coulter contended, to commemorate their glorious military heritage, not because of racism. But then she slipped and let in a little truth.

???The Ku Klux Klan did not begin using the Confederate flag until the fifties,??? Coulter wrote. That???s true, but the total truth is that it wasn???t just the KKK. Southern state legislatures, schools and plenty of non-KKK folks found new love for the Confederate battle flag in the 1950s. If Coulter wanted to be honest, she could have given the precise date.

May 17, 1954.

Yes, the Confederate battle flag flew highly and proudly after the Supreme Court ruled segregated schools unconstitutional. Wherever the forces of integration clashed with those of segregation there were good ol??? Bubbas waving the Confederate flag and yelling about how they???d die before they let nigger boys into their schools and rub up against white gals like, well, like Ann Coulter, for example.

That was the battle the neo-Confederates wanted to wage when their precious flag made its reappearance in the 1950s. It would be refreshingly honest if they ??? and Coulter ??? would simply admit that.

:blah:

Denzel did NOT deserve the oscar either. He's a great actor, but the fact that he beat Russell Crowe's performance in 'A Beautiful Mind' is laughable. Halle Berry is hot as hell, but she's not that great of an actress, IMO.

The Academy Awards are Politics. Politics. Politics.

What bothers Coulter is not Berry???s ???mau-mauing,??? but the knowledge that she???ll never even come close to being as fine as Berry is. Memo to Miss Ann: put your claws back in, dear.

This statement is ridiculously stupid.

This story sounds to me like a lot of racist bullshit. :( Shame on whoever wrote it.

:yawn:

On an somewhat related note, what would happen to Republicans if they called treated a powerful black woman like the Dems are treating Condi Rice?

The slightest comment from a conservative and they are a racist, yet a liberal can say whatever they want and not get so labled.

Pepper said:

On an somewhat related note, what would happen to Republicans if they called treated a powerful black woman like the Dems are treating Condi Rice?

The slightest comment from a conservative and they are a racist, yet a liberal can say whatever they want and not get so labled.

Exactly. Also, I distinctly remember sydney poitier walking out of the oscars that night saying "Well, it was a clean sweep for the Blacks...." If a white person said the same thing they would have been hounded. It's all bullshit & makes me sick how "PC" the world has become.

busyLivin said:
:blah:

Denzel did NOT deserve the oscar either. He's a great actor, but the fact that he beat Russell Crowe's performance in 'A Beautiful Mind' is laughable. Halle Berry is hot as hell, but she's not that great of an actress, IMO.

The Academy Awards are Politics. Politics. Politics.

This statement is ridiculously stupid.

Denzel did deserve the oscar the year he portrayed Malcom X
in the movie "X" as no one outperformed him that year.

I don't think Halle is that hot BUT she has played
better roles that were more deserving of an oscar
that the role she played in "Monstar's Ball"

You're right, Ann Coulter is laughable
which was the basis of this commentary

DFINEST said:
Denzel did deserve the oscar the year he portrayed Malcom X
in the movie "X" as no one outperformed him that year.

I don't think Halle is that hot BUT she has played
better roles that were more deserving of an oscar
that the role she played in "Monstar's Ball"

You're right, Ann Coulter is laughable
which was the basis of this commentary

To say that Coulter gives a flying shit about Halle Berry's looks is just deference. Why would Coulter care what Halle Berry looks like?

busyLivin said:
Exactly. Also, I distinctly remember sydney poitier walking out of the oscars that night saying "Well, it was a clean sweep for the Blacks...." If a white person said the same thing they would have been hounded. It's all bullshit & makes me sick how "PC" the world has become.

Oh but when persons who are white continually win the award
year after year even when critics say other movies, actors,
directors were more deserving of the award, this
is acceptable to you.

It is equally BS and makes me sick when this occurs

Had the person who wrote this not been racists, it would have never been written :rolleyes:

DFINEST said:
Oh but when persons who are white continually win the award
year after year even when critics say other movies, actors,
directors were more deserving of the award, this
is acceptable to you.

It is equally BS and makes me sick when this occurs

Give me a break. I never said that & don't put words in my mouth. Black white or green.. I don't care. The deserving person should win.

Don't try & pull the racism card on me, buddy. I have never been racist... I simply said the deserving person should win & that at the Oscars that isn't happening.

This year with 'The Passion of the Christ' is the same thing. It wasn't nominated simply because of politics. Johnny Depp's performance in 'Finding Neverland' didn't even come close to jim caviezel's in the Passion.

Pepper said:

Gregory Kane is an Pulitzer Prize award winning CONSERVATIVE,
not liberal, journalist who writes for the Baltimore Sun and
teaches at Johns Hopkins University School of Journalism.

Conservative are equally guilty in as liberals as far as
villifying those who aren't on the same page of agenda as they are,
case in point, David Brock "The Real Anita Hill";
When Mr Brock admitted that he was "gay",
the conservatives all of sudden separated themselves
from him and his conservative ideals.

IML Gear Cream!
busyLivin said:
Give me a break. I never said that & don't put words in my mouth. Black white or green.. I don't care. The deserving person should win.

Don't try & pull the racism card on me, buddy. I have never been racist... I simply said the deserving person should win & that at the Oscars that isn't happening.

This year with 'The Passion of the Christ' is the same thing. It wasn't nominated simply because of politics. Johnny Depp's performance in 'Finding Neverland' didn't even come close to jim caviezel's in the Passion.

Read my post and tell me where did I call you a racist,
implied that you were racist or said that you've said or stated anything that was racist or put words into your mouth...

Utilize your cognitive ability BEFORE you accuse
me of calling you a name, if I don't say something positive about
anyone on this board, I won't say anything at all...

I was just merely debating with about your post
my friend

DFINEST said:
Read my post and tell me where did I call you a racist,
implied that you were racist or said that you've said or stated anything that was racist or put words into your mouth...

Utilize your cognitive ability BEFORE you accuse
me of calling you a name, if I don't say something positive about
anyone on this board, I won't say anything at all...

I was just merely debating with about your post
my friend

I took you saying that I'm only ok if whites win was pretty much implying racism. If not, I apologize.

busyLivin said:
I took you saying that I'm only ok if whites win was pretty much implying racism. If not, I apologize.

No need to apologize my friend as I didn't take offense...

You have always been COOL in my book and you still are.

dg806 said:
Had the person who wrote this not been racists, it would have never been written :rolleyes:

Gregory Kane isn't saying anything racist
and he is not a racist...
matter of fact, I notice that you don't dispute
what he has attributed to Ms Coulter :rolleyes: :hmmm:

busyLivin said:
Black white or green.. I don't care. The deserving person should win.
:thumb: It should be based on merit alone, not on who or what you are :rocker:

Remember boys and girls, it's only racist if you're white. :dwnthumb:

First off Ann Coulter is a liar by trade. You'll never see her admit that Bush lost the popular vote in 2000. Even though he did ... by a slim margin not worth mentioning except for purposes of clarity. She will not even come close to an ethical thought process unless it is part of a confluence of circumstance. If an ultra conservative right wing ideal is on the table she'll take to its defense with truth or reality being a buildable component ... not a necessity. If she can be on camera vs any democrat or liberal then truth be damned she's up to bat. I have no use for people who find truth a disposable idea and deception an asset.

Her conversations about any topic are designed to get her the most amount of press ... not to actually further an ideal or promote an intellectual perspective. She's a money grubbing self serving bitch.

But I'd hit it ... :thumb:

cfs3 said:
Remember boys and girls, it's only racist if you're white. :dwnthumb:

And you're only a criminal if you're Afro-American :dwnthumb:

Gregory Kane is an award winning conservative journalist
who is criticizing another conservative journalist AND
he validates his statements within his commentary;
oh he has sinned against the conservative commandments
"thou shalt not criticize another conservative,
even when the criticized conservative is inaccurate
with their view".

I find it odd that you did not or could not find
anything to dispute the validity of Ms Couter's assertions :hmmm:

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
BoneCrusher said:
She's a money grubbing self serving bitch.

But I'd hit it ... :thumb:

:funny:

You'd crush her bones huh man.

thanks for reminding me though.. I've been meaning to pick up her book... I'll stop by the bookstore today. ;)

DFINEST said:
And you're only a criminal if you're Afro-American :dwnthumb:
So, all people in prison are black? Really? Think about it.

Plus, blacks commit more crimes per capita than whites, hispanics or asians. But when the truth is not favorable to blacks then it's racist.

Math in and of itself is the single most honest component of our culture. You just cannot argue with math ... IF ... it is used in a pure form. Regardless of your political bent or religious swing the square root of 69 will always be ate something (actually 8.30662386).

Post some actual math with those statements so your perspective does not lend itself to recrimination ... SOURCED math. As in the numbers used are from this site at :blah::blah::blah: . Doing that takes away the opinion parts and adds creditability to the fact parts.

Reverse racism has become an accepted standard in this country.

Here's an Excel spread sheet showing the break down of the race of the offender versus the race of the victim:

http://www.fbi.gov/filelink.html?file=/ucr/cius_03/xl/03tbl2-7.xls

Take a moment to notice the number of white and black offenders and the race of thier victims. As a white, your 83% likely to be assaulted my a white and 14% by a black. If you're black you're only 7% likely to be assaulted by a white while you're 91% likely to be assaulted by another black. As a white, you twice as likely to be victimized by a black than a white. Note that non-blacks and non-whites are not covered in these numbers.

Even more telling is the race of the murderers. Especially when you consider that black consitute only 15% of the US' population (pdf).

Here is an Excel spreadsheet on non-violent crime. It pretty much repeats what you're read above.
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/sheets/cvus/2002/cv0297.wk1

You wanted numbers, there they are. Now proceed to tell me how number don't mean anything and blah, blah, blah...

camarosuper6 said:
Reverse racism has become an accepted standard in this country.
And this in turn creates more rascim. Affirmative Action has created more rasicm than its stopped. And that's only one example.

cfs3 said:
So, all people in prison are black? Really? Think about it.

Plus, blacks commit more crimes per capita than whites, hispanics or asians. But when the truth is not favorable to blacks then it's racist.

Well, are all white people racist? Think about it.

Well, according to your assertions, everyone that is
Afro-American is cosidered a criminal based on the
criminal activity of those who were convicted...

Let me see, Clarence Thomas, Colin Powell, Condaleeza Rice, J.C. Watts,
and other law abiding Afro-American citizens are criminals

Back