• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Goofy things you see in the gym..

SlimShady

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
The other day some guy walks into the gym, grabs a couple of 10lb dumbells and starts doing this swim motion with them - standing straight up and moving his arms in huge circles. He was about 60 lbs over weight and I couldn't help but wonder what he thought he was doing. After he finished that, he went over to the floor mat and proceeded do some some kind of snow angel/situp combination. Totally annoyed all the chicks who were trying to do crunches...lol

Then today, another guy comes in, grabs a couple of 15lb dumbells and starts doing this .. umm... partial ROM standing shoulder press. .. he was just holding each dumbell over his head and moving them about 2 inches on every rep. He must have done 200 reps. He was over weight also.

I think both of these guys were probably new years resolution members. I wonder if I will ever see them again? You guys ever see people doing goofy stuff in the gym?

to warm up my shoulders i grab 5 or 10lb plates and swing them round clockwise and counterclock wise. i hope that isn't goofy cause i don't want to be goofy.

Well, this guy did it for 20 minutes. How long does it take you? lol

yeah i saw a kinda new years kid join back last new years and he was very skinny and obviously new to thing and he started on a couple of machines putting it on highest weight possible and strugling to manage even one rep, eh would then move on to another machine and do the same, but then he started to follow me about trying to do esactly what i was but again only managing a rep or 2 some occasions didnt even look like he was strugaling, and he would just wait for me to get of the machine im using so he could try it, never said a word wierd huh

Neo

This guy at my gym stacks a bunch of plates underneath one end of the situp bench till its at like a 50-60 degree angle. I keep waiting for the day when the bench will slip off.... lol

Two teenagers were in my gym and one started benching 135 as fast as he could and he was bouncing it off his chest real hard, so one of the 45 plates fell off because he had no clips on the bar, and the bar flip way to the right and if it had gone the other way it would have hit me in the face while i was benching.

And some other kid, who was about 110 pounds, had to use the squat rack to do curls with 5's on each side and was pretty much dry humping the bar to get it up.

No but there is a Annoying prick who has just started coming to the gym...I go to the University Gym which isn't that big, there are only 2 benches...this guy hogs the bench and does Dumbell Concentration Curls, Dumbell Overheads, Oh and imbetween each set he sits there drinking his gatorade looking at himself in the mirror...I wanted to go up there AND PUT MY FUCKING FOOT THROUGH HIS FFFUUUUCCCCKKKKEEEN FACE !!!! He would then Do Flyes , Incline, Decline.... It was a fucking joke. Hate people like that, especially the part imbetween where he would sit there looking at himself, posing. FUCKING ASSHOLE.

lol i know the type i allways let people jump in between sets if im gunna be using particular thing for a long time, and try not to hog all the weights and stuff as much as i can but new people seem to find something they like and sit on it for a good 30-40mins one bloke at our gym only uses one machine i use it occasionly but he allways takes up both aspects of it and spends up to an hour on the thing can really anoy you when you have work out to be getting on with, oh which uni you go to silencer?

Neo

IML Gear Cream!
I have a few pet peeves of my own:

1. When someone smaller than you starts to give you "advice."
2. When people take one of the "dual" high cables (like for cable flyes) to do tricep pushdowns when they could just as easily use the one right next to it that was meant for that. Instead, I have to wait for them to finish their set in order to do cable flyes.
3. When people take up entire benches by the DB racks to "rest" inbetween curls.
4. When people take like four BB's (like 70, 80, 90, and 100 lbs) to do curls and switch around while I wait for something to do curls with.
5. When people stand between you and the mirror during a set of lateral raises.
6. When people try to talk to you despite the fact that you obviously have two very loud headphones blaring in your ears.

Ok, that's enough ranting...

ihateschoolmt said:
Two teenagers were in my gym and one started benching 135 as fast as he could and he was bouncing it off his chest real hard, so one of the 45 plates fell off because he had no clips on the bar, and the bar flip way to the right and if it had gone the other way it would have hit me in the face while i was benching.
something like that happened to me.

I was deadlifting about 6ft away from the squat cage (its not really a cage its more of a rack). So this asshole with a tongue ring is doing squats with 225 sticking his tongue out while hes doing the reps. of course he had no clips, he tilted to one side i think (didnt kno cuz i was paying attention to deadlifting) all i hear when im at the top of my deadlift is a huge crash and i see the barbell fall right in front of me at 900mph making all kinds of noise. since its a fairly small gym, everyone pretty much drops what their doing and stares at this kid and im standing there telling him how retarded he is and that he should take a fucking hike. had i been at the bottom of my deadlift, i would've caught the barbell to the back of the head.

Oh the joys of training from home....

My pet peeve was smelling other's farts!! I SOOOOOO dont miss the delightful smell of someone else's protein shake!:barf:
There's also the lurkers, u know thos who seem to be a the gym for hours on end, every fawkin day, but never seem to train....Its always like theyre in between sets...WTF, enjoying the scenery??

How about the 'nude guy' in the locker room.. anyone else have weird dudes like this at their gym? ... These guys just seem to enjoy hanging out naked in the locker room. Even when I am at home, I wear a towel if I am drying my hair in bathroom - I dunno why, I just do.. but these 'nude guys' are always running around in the locker room naked and trying talk to people. It's annoying.

We don't have those, I've never even seen someone use the shower at my gym.

i think that those people are trying to use the gym as a meeting place :booty:

This is the time of the year for all the idiots in the gym.This is when all the people who have made resalutions join,and you never see them after April.

About a week ago this kid was in the dumbbell area and and was doing seated military presses in the middle of everyone. On top of that his first set was 155 barely did 4 reps and took off the tens and tried again. I thought to myself this kid is going to kill somebody. about 15 mins later i had to go back over there and the bar still there laying in front of the chair now he has the 50, 55, 60, and 65's all around his seat. And on top of that after every set he would drop the weights. He wouldn't drop them from a hanging position but he droped them when his arms were at 90 degrees. that was the craziest shit i've ever seen.

I just don't like it when someone who has never been to a weight room before gives me advice. :blah:

I just don't like it when someone who has never been to a weight room before gives me advice. :blah:

IML Gear Cream!
thatguy said:
I have a few pet peeves of my own:

1. When someone smaller than you starts to give you "advice."
2. When people take one of the "dual" high cables (like for cable flyes) to do tricep pushdowns when they could just as easily use the one right next to it that was meant for that. Instead, I have to wait for them to finish their set in order to do cable flyes.
3. When people take up entire benches by the DB racks to "rest" inbetween curls.
4. When people take like four BB's (like 70, 80, 90, and 100 lbs) to do curls and switch around while I wait for something to do curls with.
5. When people stand between you and the mirror during a set of lateral raises.
6. When people try to talk to you despite the fact that you obviously have two very loud headphones blaring in your ears.

Ok, that's enough ranting...
In response to #1, just because you're smaller doesn't mean you can't give advice, I see a lot of guys whoe are 50 lbs or more heavier then I, probably more fat than muscle, who are just complete dumbasses in the gym

i dont really have alot of pet peeves about the gym since im the asshole lazy teen who doesnt put his wieghts away and doesnt clean the machines (which i dont expect others to put the wieghts away either, i belive thats what the staff is getting paid for. i also dont expect a machine to be clean for me either.) but my biggest pet peeve is dick wads who head up to the gym with their girlfriends and act like they are trainging for mr. hardass 2005. this guy at my gym walks around like he runs the shit and will tote around his ugly ass girl like she is some sort of hot bitch. one day i decided to fuck with him and i started staring at his girl (even tho shes ugly) just giving her flirty gestures and stuff and he got all salty about it and started yelling at her. i thought it was hilarious, basically i hate couples that go to the gym together.

i gotta say stinky sweat spots left behind on the benches...yeah break a sweat, whatever, but wipe that shit up! a close second would be people riding the bike with absolutely no resistance, don't know why but it bugs the shit out of me... probably b/c they're so proud to be able to do that for an hour. i'll think of more later...

j rizz said:
basically i hate couples that go to the gym together.

I can understand your story, but I think that statement is pretty ridiculous. I go to the gym sometimes with my girlfriend and show her different exercises and how to lift properly...

The things that annoy me are guys who do cable flyes for a shitload of sets, and all the girls (pretty much every one at my university gym) that do crazy low repititions when lifting and then only do sidebends and crunches, thinking they will get thin.

aztecwolf said:
In response to #1, just because you're smaller doesn't mean you can't give advice, I see a lot of guys whoe are 50 lbs or more heavier then I, probably more fat than muscle, who are just complete dumbasses in the gym
You're right, I guess I meant "less experienced" people. There are certainly some large men that don't know what they're doing.

And in reference to the "nude guy," I definitely know what you're talking about. He's the guy who takes a shower, then dries himself in the shower, comes out holding his towel in his hand, weighs himself, watches the TV in the corner for a minute, asks you how you're doing, etc. - all while completely naked.

There is this older guy, maybe late fifties, everyday hes wearing the same parachute pants with flames on them. But you can tell he was huge in the 70's and 80's.

I really hate it when I see people working out in jeans. I dont see how that can be comfortable.

I can deal with annoying teens & overweight people using light weights...But there's a few guys around prolly 40 or 50 who stand around benches talking, I've never seen them work up a sweat.

The Bobby's of the world.

silencer said:
No but there is a Annoying prick who has just started coming to the gym...I go to the University Gym which isn't that big, there are only 2 benches...this guy hogs the bench and does Dumbell Concentration Curls, Dumbell Overheads, Oh and imbetween each set he sits there drinking his gatorade looking at himself in the mirror...I wanted to go up there AND PUT MY FUCKING FOOT THROUGH HIS FFFUUUUCCCCKKKKEEEN FACE !!!! He would then Do Flyes , Incline, Decline.... It was a fucking joke. Hate people like that, especially the part imbetween where he would sit there looking at himself, posing. FUCKING ASSHOLE.
Have you ever considered asking him if you can use the bench when u need it?

cappo5150 said:
There is this older guy, maybe late fifties, everyday hes wearing the same parachute pants with flames on them. But you can tell he was huge in the 70's and 80's.

I really hate it when I see people working out in jeans. I dont see how that can be comfortable.
I saw a guy working out in a suit and tie. Im not kidding.

Back