• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

splenda brain damage

Wot bwain damidge ????? me wuv da Spwenda
freak3.gif

I'm sorry that's not funny

:rolleyes:

Splenda is a simple sugar just like table sugar. The difference is its like 200 times sweeter so very little is needed to sweeten food, thus it has very few calories. Aspartame is whats said to cause cancer, maybe your friend got the two mixed up.

Tell him to provide us with some studies instead of just throwing a statement out with nothing to back it up.

I know the company the makes Splenda has a laws suite pending about the way they are marketing it. "Made from sugar so it tastes like sugar" they some how treat sugar with chlorine and replace hydrogen and oxygen with chlorine. Not sure if that would cause brain damage, but not the natural sweetener you might have thought it to be.

I'll have to look for that article.

Yeah i would like a source or something because i have a big ass lawsuit for splenda and ill be a really rich man if this is true :dance:

XcelKrush said:
Splenda is a simple sugar just like table sugar. The difference is its like 200 times sweeter so very little is needed to sweeten food, thus it has very few calories. Aspartame is whats said to cause cancer, maybe your friend got the two mixed up.
What the fuck! Aspartame causes cancer! Thats the last time i dirnk diet soda. I drank diet soda because regular ones have way too much sugar and i always thought sugar was more of a threat. Thanks for the warning.

Yeah--I sure hope it's safe. That's the real quesiton. Their marketing is not misleading, and it tastes a lot better than Nutrasweet.

My knee jerk reaction is that molecularly altering sugar via cholrination might have adverse effects down the line.

It seems to me that our experience with artificial sweetners shows that they don't come without side effects.

michael74737 said:
What the fuck! Aspartame causes cancer! Thats the last time i dirnk diet soda. I drank diet soda because regular ones have way too much sugar and i always thought sugar was more of a threat. Thanks for the warning.
Well its supposed to be ok for you in small quantities. But the problem with aspartame is that it contains two amino acids; (Phenalanine+aspartic acid) and methanol. Methanol is a poison rarely found in freestanding form, but it is the first thing to break down in your system. Freestanding methanol can cause and endless list of symtoms from headaches to blindness. As well, when aspartame is heated above 85 degrees(such as leaving a can of soda out on a hot day) the aspartame decomposes into freestanding methanol.(Yum!)
Before aspartame can be removed from your body it must go through an energy draining process which convert methanol in formaldehyde, a substance used for embalming.
All this of this was approved by the commissioner FDA in 1981 when indications had already been made that aspartame could cause brain tumors.

Dont you just love diet coke?:lick: :barf:

There have been all kinds of stories/rumors floating around about Splenda. Most of them are a few years old. If you do search on the forum, I'm sure you will find that this issue has come up before. Redspy has already posted a few articles for you.

brodus said:
Yeah--I sure hope it's safe. That's the real quesiton. Their marketing is not misleading, and it tastes a lot better than Nutrasweet.

My knee jerk reaction is that molecularly altering sugar via cholrination might have adverse effects down the line.

It seems to me that our experience with artificial sweetners shows that they don't come without side effects.

this is exactly why I don't use "fake" sugars. I just use less of the real stuff.

Right--it's kind of like getting used to Skim Milk, then loving it. You no longer miss the extra fat and cholesterol.

Same goes for sugar. There are a lot of alternatives that don't involve a chemistry set :)

BTW--what's the story on Stevia? (aside from not being able to be sold as a sweetner thanks to lobbying by the sweetner industry). Is it safe? Tasty?

juggernaut said:
Some assface gave me some seriously upsetting news...Splenda causes brain damage?! Come on, this has to be bullshit! Anyone?:confused:

Well this certainly explains my brain damage.....it's the Splenda in my coffee.

juggernaut said:
I dunno about Stevia-tastes like shit. I use splenda only becuase i like the taste. Should I stop using it?

Meh, you're going to die anyway. I'm not going to stop using it.

XcelKrush said:
Well its supposed to be ok for you in small quantities. But the problem with aspartame is that it contains two amino acids; (Phenalanine+aspartic acid) and methanol. Methanol is a poison rarely found in freestanding form, but it is the first thing to break down in your system. Freestanding methanol can cause and endless list of symtoms from headaches to blindness. As well, when aspartame is heated above 85 degrees(such as leaving a can of soda out on a hot day) the aspartame decomposes into freestanding methanol.(Yum!)
Before aspartame can be removed from your body it must go through an energy draining process which convert methanol in formaldehyde, a substance used for embalming.
All this of this was approved by the commissioner FDA in 1981 when indications had already been made that aspartame could cause brain tumors.

Dont you just love diet coke?:lick: :barf:

Interesting Bigss sits down and enjoys a diet cherry coke I guess im not worried unless i wake up tommorow with arm growing out my head. I am sorta interested about the future of the fake sugar.

Yew ideeots! Shplena dus knot kauze brane damadge! :nanner:

You'll probably die of natural causes long before you get brain cancer from eating splenda.

I think if you snort enough of it you might get brain damage, lets find out....

*sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiif*

kinda burns...........

*sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiif*
I don't know if I'm buzzin or light headed.......

got a sweet snot stream trickling down the back of my throat...:hehe:

Splenda is in a lot of brands of whey, including the one I consume. I need to look into this more...

iknew aspartame was bad for u about like umm... 5 years ago. my dad is really into reading up on this stuff and there was always a heated debate.. they would say aspartame was okay for you then they would say it wasnt. it keeps going back and forth. and from my readings and info from my dad. they have said that aspartame and diet drinks basically break down into embolming fluid. yes the stuff they put into dead people to preserve their bodies.

so were just preserving ourselves. I like the way I am now

Back