• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

p/rr/s question

ruemanshu

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
i want to start a p/rr/s cycle (only doing bench because i have a back injury). I plan on doing bench 3 times a week (overtraining? ..it doesn't seem too bad to me...)should i do a power on monday a rep range on wednesday and a shock on friday or should i do power mon. wed. and fri. and then go onto rep range the next week?..i don't know very much about it and u guys awesome lifters so i was hopin ya could help me out. thanks

why would you bench three times per week?

because when i lift less i don't gain as quickly..if i lift once i never gain and i gain the best when i lift 3 times a week..i recover pretty quickly

my guess is your intensity level isnt nearly as high as it should be. If you are doing a day properly, and sometimes I fall short of this, you would be sore as hell and physically unable to workout that same muscle one more time in the week no less twice.

Well don't worry, i'll probably get bashed for that one as no one should measure there workouts on soreness, although when you are first starting out there is no reason not to in my opinion, because if your not feeling sore when you are a beginner, your doing something way wrong.

i didn't say that i was a beginner..im returning to lifting from a break. i still get sore but after two days i am not nearly as sore as i was and after 3 days there is no soreness whatsoever. i don't feel that im undertraining or over training. i am still making decent gains but i would like to know which p/rr/s routine would be better.

Working out the same muscle 3 times a week is totally feasible, as long as you reduce the volume of each workout accordingly. Full body workouts rock.

ruemanshu said:
i want to start a p/rr/s cycle (only doing bench because i have a back injury). I plan on doing bench 3 times a week (overtraining? ..it doesn't seem too bad to me...)should i do a power on monday a rep range on wednesday and a shock on friday or should i do power mon. wed. and fri. and then go onto rep range the next week?..i don't know very much about it and u guys awesome lifters so i was hopin ya could help me out. thanks

So are you saying that the only exercise you will be doing is bench press? What is the rest of your routine, if there is one?

IML Gear Cream!
yeah the only lift im concerned about right now is bench press. once my back heals a little more ill begin with other lifts again. I also do overhead press and a little incline and decline bench. i have dumbbells and i can do dumbell press but i feel like im doing it wrong... i don't have access to a gym (only the stuff at my house) and i can't do many of the exercises for chest on your p/rr/s program
i usually start with 135 x 8
160x5
170x5
175x3
and do other lifts..now i plan on changing that and switching to the p/rr/s method because it looks awesome. i just need help making a routine that fits me

i g2g to work now but ill be back later

im not a doctor, but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night, and if you have a back injury you should rest and let your back heal b/c even though your not targetting your back you can still hurt it doing bench or chest

westb51 said:
im not a doctor, but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night...
:laugh:

Your bench press would grow in weight signifigantly if you were working your entire body as opposed to just your chest.

(yo sox, you got away with it)

This is true, I was sittin here the other day, thinkin why my Bi's werent growin any, and I realized I give my delts, literally, NO DIRECT WORK... Long story short, work everything to make 1 thing bigger...

IMO, most your muscles mesh together, and wont grow out of proportion to the adjacent/supporting muscles... (little bit of armchair physiology...) lol

Back