• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Cops accused of using steroids to bulk up and give themselves an edge

redspy

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
The Associated Press

OKLAHOMA CITY - As a brand-new police officer, Chris Holden wanted to do everything he could to protect himself, especially after he heard about a highway patrolman who was shot to death in a struggle over his gun.

So he began bulking up with steroids.

Now Holden, 31, is out of work, one of four members of the Norman Police Department who were fired last fall after being accused of using or selling bodybuilding steroids.

Police officers in Mississippi, Ohio, Connecticut, Hawaii, Colorado, Alabama, Florida, Arkansas and New York have also been accused of steroid-related offenses in recent years. In many cases, they were charged with using, possessing or dealing steroids.

Steroids are attractive to some officers who know that an intimidating physique can ward off conflict or give them the upper hand in a life-or-death struggle.

"The thinking is that big is better than small, tough is better than weak," said Gene Sanders, a former police officer who has worked for nearly 15 years as a police psychologist for several agencies in California. "There is sort of an underground, unspoken tradition among several departments that I've worked with that if you really want to bulk up, this is the best way to do it."

But steroids can also lead to heart disease, liver damage and shrunken testicles, as well as uncontrolled aggression, or "roid rage," which can be especially dangerous in a law officer.

"These substances can cause depression and despondency, and here is a person who has a weapon," said Dr. Linn Goldberg, head of Oregon Health & Science University's Division of Health Promotion and Sports Medicine.

A former Riverdale, Ga., police officer who received a life sentence in 1995 for the slaying of a bar owner, and an Oregon jail guard who received a 20-year sentence in 1986 for kidnapping, shooting and paralyzing a woman both claimed steroid use contributed to their behavior.

Holden was an officer on the streets of Norman for barely two weeks when Oklahoma Highway Patrolman Nikky Green was shot to death on a rural road in 2003. Investigators say the killer wrestled Green's gun away from him and shot him with it.

"If I was making a traffic stop, on a disturbance call or a motorist assist, no matter what call I was going to, I thought about the trooper that was killed," Holden wrote in a letter published in The Norman Transcript in November.

"I wanted to physically prepare myself as much as I could and have the confidence to do my job," he said. "I took anabolic steroids so that I would be stronger. If I got into a fight, I felt I stood a better chance of surviving. I wanted to go home when my shift was over." Holden, three fellow members of the Norman police force and an Oklahoma highway patrolman got in trouble last fall after a Drug Enforcement Administration investigation found that a Norman bodybuilder was allegedly supplying steroids to cops. One of the Norman officers and the patrolman were arrested; the patrolman is on leave, awaiting disciplinary action. Holden was never charged with a crime.

spacer.gif

Good, if they are going to enforce them, they should be required to obey them.

Law enforcement agents are using steroids these days? What would Ronnie Coleman have to say about this....

Dale Mabry said:
Good, if they are going to enforce them, they should be required to obey them.
What if they just take them and not charge the person, then use them themselves? :D

dg806 said:
What if they just take them and not charge the person, then use them themselves? :D

I am fine with that in theory. If I was the one they were snagging it from I may take umbrage unto that. :D

Hell I would in a heartbeat!

Does anyone know if AAS use is very prominent among law enforcement agents? I mean some guys are fat but some of these cops are jacked. If I was a cop, I would feel the need to be huge because in something like law enforcement I would think intimidation would be a big factor in your ability to take control of a situation. Plus when a skinny cop acts all hard, I just laugh.

I have only seen one cop that I would be "sure" was juicing, but I dont mix with police on a regular basis. And when I say sure I didn't have proof, but he was huge, plenty of V taper.

gococksDJS said:
Does anyone know if AAS use is very prominent among law enforcement agents? I mean some guys are fat but some of these cops are jacked. If I was a cop, I would feel the need to be huge because in something like law enforcement I would think intimidation would be a big factor in your ability to take control of a situation. Plus when a skinny cop acts all hard, I just laugh.

Yep! My father was a cop for 25 years. He juiced for at least 5 of those years. His source was another cop at the time. He said he knew many officer that were using at the time. This is going back to the late 80's early 90's. Just after the ban. He was one mean SOB back then too. Not sure if it was the juice or he was just an asshole. Probably a bit of both.

Personally I think this whole thing sucks ass. While in Afghanistan, we had several troops busted for using AAS. Command was wanting to prosecute these guys to the same level that they would a narcotics charge. Honestly? I'd much rather have a strong, healthy soldier injecting steroids in my squad than some loser injecting narcotics.

I feel the same way about these cops (or any of you for that matter). If you want to "juice" up to improve your strength and appearance then more power to you! This cop is no different in my book. Sucks he got busted.

AS use is rampade in the military community. i know this cause i was there. Especially in the Special OPS community which i belonged. It was accepted i guess in some unwritten code but dont get caught... I am sure Police officers use today where i live and dont blame them for it. Wish i new one good enough to hook me up...lol

Let em juice, just turn a blind eye. Stronger cops or military guys have an advantage that may save their life.

gococksDJS said:

I know tons of cops you use gear, some are state trooper and others are in municipal police departments. I've also seen a lot of cops over the years who smoke dope and do coke. there are definetly more "clean" cops out there than not.

LAM said:
I know tons of cops you use gear, some are state trooper and others are in municipal police departments. I've also seen a lot of cops over the years who smoke dope and do coke. there are definetly more "clean" cops out there than not.
You know what would be funny as shit? You know those portable drug testing kits that cops carry, and drop a little coke in and the solution turns color of coke is present? I would love to see an episode of Cops where an officer says "Im going to perform a field test now to see if this is real cocaine" and then just rail a line right off the hood of his car and say "Oh wow! Yep, thats real coke"

gococksDJS said:
You know what would be funny as shit? You know those portable drug testing kits that cops carry, and drop a little coke in and the solution turns color of coke is present? I would love to see an episode of Cops where an officer says "Im going to perform a field test now to see if this is real cocaine" and then just rail a line right off the hood of his car and say "Oh wow! Yep, thats real coke"
:laugh:

why are you so funny? thats the third time youve made me laugh out loud...

But, to answer your question, Ive heard that quite a few cops in big districts, IE LA, SD, that type of area juice... Not in my turd bird of a town though...

Back