• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Several questions about the best way to train with sets.

Eugene

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!

1) Should I start the first set as a warm up set, not pushing till failure, or is the first set is like every other set?

2) If I understand that in the next set I won't be able to make the same amount of reps with the same weight as in the previous set, what should I do in the next set: a) decrease the weight or b) make less reps?

3) What is the recommended rest time between 4-6 reps sets, 6-8 reps sets, and 8-10 reps sets?

4) Will I gain more muscle mass in the biceps by training a)1 day a week, 3 x 6 curls, or b)1 day a week, 3 x 10 curls?
If you can answer only one question, please do.
Thanks a lot.

Eugene said:

1) Should I start the first set as a warm up set, not pushing till failure, or is the first set is like every other set?
Warm up sets shouldn't cause any fatigue, they are just a warm up. I know people that bench 600+ and warm up with the bar (45)
2) If I understand that in the next set I won't be able to make the same amount of reps with the same weight as in the previous set, what should I do in the next set: a) decrease the weight or b) make less reps?Making less reps is fine. I hear 6-10 is best to gain muscle and 3-5 is for strength (correct me if I'm wrong)

3) What is the recommended rest time between 4-6 reps sets, 6-8 reps sets, and 8-10 reps sets?When ever you feel ready for the next set.

4) Will I gain more muscle mass in the biceps by training a)1 day a week, 3 x 6 curls, or b)1 day a week, 3 x 10 curls?
If you can answer only one question, please do.Depends on the person, but I would do the second option if I was you.
Thanks a lot.
Good luck.

2) If I understand that in the next set I won't be able to make the same amount of reps with the same weight as in the previous set, what should I do in the next set: a) decrease the weight or b) make less reps?
I'll chime in on this one:

This is up to you, there is no "ultimate way". Some people throw MORE weight on the bar and do way less reps. This is called pyramiding the weight up. If your intention is to stay in a certain rep range then you may need to take some weight off. It's a good question and shows your'e thinking about it.

Back