Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

FOR THE D & N EXPERTS.

Rep Points

FOR THE D & N EXPERTS.

I thought when you lost weight you lost BodyFat. So would someone please explain why the Atkins Diet would be bad for cutting. I've been cutting now for over three months and have dropped over 40 lbs, and lowered my B/F conciderably by using a low cal, low fat diet. Now I'm sick of it and would like to finish off the last 20 lbs with the atkins diet, before i start a bulking cycle. I train 5 days a week and do cardio 5 days a week for 45-60 min's.
    Is there any reason i shouldn't use the atkins diet to finish this cutting cycle.

Note: last Mon I started using gear for this last 20 lbs. 100mg/eod of Tren and Prop.

Thanks T.O.M

Turtle Power!

Rep Points

I believe its not a good choice because with a high amount of fat and lower carbs and protein your body is in Ketosis and you retain less lean body mass this way.

cooking up a storm
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Its bad because you are essientailly starving your body of carbs which slows your metabolism. You will lose muscle and fat on atkins

Have you tried carb cylcing?

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tough Old Man
    I thought when you lost weight you lost BodyFat. So would someone please explain why the Atkins Diet would be bad for cutting. I've been cutting now for over three months and have dropped over 40 lbs, and lowered my B/F conciderably by using a low cal, low fat diet. Now I'm sick of it and would like to finish off the last 20 lbs with the atkins diet, before i start a bulking cycle. I train 5 days a week and do cardio 5 days a week for 45-60 min's.
    Is there any reason i shouldn't use the atkins diet to finish this cutting cycle.

Note: last Mon I started using gear for this last 20 lbs. 100mg/eod of Tren and Prop.

Thanks T.O.M
    PT...there is nothing wrong with the Atkins diet if it's used for a short term basis, especially since you are using prop & tren. I would take in your alloted carb intake pre & post workout. I'll talk to you more about this via PM.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Peak Physiques™
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

When you lose weight it can be (1) fat, (2) muscle, and (3) water.

Not all weight loss is created equal -- keep that in mind.

There is nothing wrong with the Atkin's diet, per se. You will lose a lot of fat, and a lot of water (carbs store water) so much of the weight loss is not all that impressive, its just a byproduct of the reduced carbs.

Many argue that ketosis prevents muscle loss. I haven't seen much research either way, so I think its a wash.

Most people (especially athletes, those who workout, etc.) cannot perform well without carbs. So for the sedentiary, atkin's is fine, and for the active its not ideal. If you function well, however, stick with it.