• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

High Intensity training!

mmuscle

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
High Intensity training!

Hi guys. I was just wandering what your opinions are on high intensity training. I know quite a few people that have found it a good way to break through sticking points. However some people seem to think that due to its almost aerobic nature, it can result in muscle loss.

Any thoughts on this one??

cheers :rocker:

mmuscle

http://www.makemuscle.net

How is "high intensity" training aerobic?

mmuscle said:
High Intensity training!

Hi guys. I was just wandering what your opinions are on high intensity training. I know quite a few people that have found it a good way to break through sticking points. However some people seem to think that due to its almost aerobic nature, it can result in muscle loss.

Any thoughts on this one??

cheers :rocker:

mmuscle

I thought HIT was supposed to be anaerobic in nature....

Aerobic means getting your heart rate in your target heart rate zone for 20 or more minutes continually. (Acording to my P.E. teacher so this could very well be wrong)

fantasma62 said:
I thought HIT was supposed to be anaerobic in nature....

It is.

Chould it be that mmuscle meant to ask about HVT instead? :scratch:

ihateschoolmt said:
Aerobic means getting your heart rate in your target heart rate zone for 20 or more minutes continually. (Acording to my P.E. teacher so this could very well be wrong)

Fred Hatfield would disagree with that statement.

BulkMeUp said:
Chould it be that mmuscle meant to ask about HVT instead? :scratch:
Hi,

by high intensity I mean each set to failure, with no more than a minute between each set and no gap between different exercises. Thats the definition that I'm working on.

Let me know if you think this definition is wrong - I never mind being corrected if it helps to increase my own bodybuilding knowledge!

mmuscle

That's Arthur Jones style HIT, which is both anaerobic and aerobic. It's also painfully difficult, much moreso than anything else I've ever done. It is fantastic for overall conditioning.

Robert DiMaggio said:
Fred Hatfield would disagree with that statement.

Fred Hatfield disagrees with everyone... :)

Fred Hatfield is a liar and a fool

Duncans Donuts said:
Fred Hatfield is a liar and a fool

Hmmm, well I wouldn't go THAT far...he is a very intelligent man, but does not seem to embrace new ideas.

His lies about Arthur Jones and out of context propoganda in reference to the same man have made him few allies among HIT advocates (or anyone, for that matter, who values integrity).

Duncans Donuts said:
His lies about Arthur Jones and out of context propoganda in reference to the same man have made him few allies among HIT advocates (or anyone, for that matter, who values integrity).

As for the "kind" of person he is, that I cannot speak about. But as a trainer and athlete, he has alot to teach...not as much as some others, but alot, nevertheless.

ive just brought freds book bodybuiling a scientific approach and will be reading it tonight, have had a quick flick through it and looks a very interresting book cant wait to get stuck in

cardio i thought was just getting you heart rate within the cardio training zone about 140-180 bpm and maintaining it

is that wrong?

Back