• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Supplement Facists - at it again

Mudge

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
http://proliberty.com/observer/20050110.htm

Your right to choose what vitamins, minerals and other supplements you want to take may end in August, 2005. After August, U.S. supplements will be defined and controlled by the World Trade Organization (WTO) and the World Health Organization (WHO). Codex Alimentarius (stringent food/ supplement regulations) is setting the food and nutritional supplement standards for all countries in the WTO. Codex standards are to be enforced by the WTO and will supercede U.S. law. The U.S. president and Congress agreed to this take-over when the WTO treaty was signed. Violators of Codex and other WTO-sponsored international laws will be punished by WTO trade sanctions.

Codex standards, as currently enforced in Norway and Germany, caused the price of zinc tablets to rise from $4 per bottle to $52; echinacea, an herb used for immune system enhancement, rose from $14 per bottle of 100 capsules to $153. Both zinc and echinacea are only available by prescription since they are now classified as "drugs." Vitamin C above 200 mg, niacin above 32 mg, vitamin B6 above 4 mg are only available by prescription. Essential amino acids such as arginine, lysine, proline, and carnitine; essential fatty acids (such as omegas 3, 6 and 9) and other essential supplements such as DMEA, DHEA, CoQ10, MSM, beta-carotene, will NOT be available for purchase unless prescribed by a licensed physician. These Codex rules are not based on real science. They are regulations influenced by pharmaceutical giants who have used the Codex model to take control of vitamins and supplements in order to protect the lucrative pharmaceutical drug industry.

I've read that Fish Oil supplements have required a script in Canada for years. The Hippies in Seattle will rise up for this one. LOL... :pissed:

It's amazing what you can do if you have deep pockets for lobbying like the Big Pharma companies. Never mind they're killing people with their own drugs....

i cant fucking belive this..... first they took away our ph's now we gonna have to stock up on damn multi's

Fuck these people. I'll start my own supplement company and supply the members of this board if they go through with this :)

musclepump said:
Fuck these people. I'll start my own supplement company and supply the members of this board if they go through with this :)
Wow this is scary. I don't want to have to stock up on ephedrine, fish oil, multi-vitamins, etc. because of bullsh*t beaurocracy.

Unbelievable.

This is only the beginning. Think about it. Vitamin C under 200mg will be legal but anything over will not. When the WTO figures out that people will simply buy large bottles of vitamin C at the lower dosage and then just take more pills at one time they'll simply ban all vitamins without a prescription. For our safety...

musclepump said:

not that easy bro, how will you get a manufacturer to produce them?

IML Gear Cream!
cfs3 said:
This is only the beginning. Think about it. Vitamin C under 200mg will be legal but anything over will not. When the WTO figures out that people will simply buy large bottles of vitamin C at the lower dosage and then just take more pills at one time they'll simply ban all vitamins without a prescription. For our safety...
Well, hopefully the supplement company's will lobby hard enough to prevent anything from happening.

Hopefully. <crossing fingers>

Man.. FUCK THIS! What bullshit.. If this happens, I'll become a terrorist, and bomb the fucking pharma companys :mad:

I've been hearing about this for about a year now :( Is it somebody that's in office pushing this? Somebody makes money from this.

I can be arrested for taking vitamins? :rolleyes:

busyLivin said:
I can be arrested for taking vitamins? :rolleyes:

Welcome to the land of the FREE!

From Codex's website, apparently the US strongly rejects their "guidelines." I really have a hard time believing the US would lie down to this. Even if the government did, the public wouldn't.

Maybe just my wishful thinking. :(

PreMier said:
Man.. FUCK THIS! What bullshit.. If this happens, I'll become a terrorist, and bomb the fucking pharma companys :mad:
Um...there's a guy here in dark glasses reading over your post..and...um...he'd like to have a word with you...
biggrin.gif

Tell him to eat a dick :)

I don't know how I'd do it, but I'd give it my best for myself and my buddies here at the IM Forums :)

IML Gear Cream!
fuck this country, I am not free at all, the gov is up my ass every mnute of my life here, oh my god, i can not beleive this shit is going to pass, we will have to stock up on vitamins, imagine the DEA busting your ass becasue you have vitamin pills stocked up in yout home, I am really thinking about moving back to europe, I was thinking about it even before I was reading this...

QuestionGuy said:
fuck this country, I am not free at all, the gov is up my ass every mnute of my life here, oh my god, i can not beleive this shit is going to pass, we will have to stock up on vitamins, imagine the DEA busting your ass becasue you have vitamin pills stocked up in yout home, I am really thinking about moving back to europe, I was thinking about it even before I was reading this...

Europe is the one who passed it, the US is allegedly going to be "forced" into it...but see ya :wave:

then again, being the only superpower has it's advantages. Sanction this, bitch :attitude:

QuestionGuy said:
If I lived in Utah I'd think about moving too ;)

redspy said:
If I lived in Utah I'd think about moving too ;)
no truer words have ever been spoken. i held my head in reverent silence when i read this

Well I think I know what I shall be doing as my Future Profession...I shall be a 'Vitamin Smuggler' ...W00p, dangerous and exciting.

QuestionGuy said:
fuck this country, I am not free at all, the gov is up my ass every mnute of my life here...
yeah lets all move to mexico, i heard the have a very high standard of living and the laws are pretty lax. :eek: :rolleyes:

westb51 said:
yeah lets all move to mexico, i heard the have a very high standard of living and the laws are pretty lax. :eek: :rolleyes:

actually there are some very nice parts in Mexico, I have thought about moving there.

Robert DiMaggio said:
actually there are some very nice parts in Mexico, I have thought about moving there.
I'm moving to Cancun March 11, but I think I'll be moving out the 16th.

Back