• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Frequency of training

Celtic Bhoy

Youll Never Walk Alone
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Whats the craic.Ive been looking at the routines posted by people on loads of sites and was wonderin if someone could clear somethin up for me.99% of all these routines only work each individual muscle group once per week, but i had the impression that 96 hours(4 days) was the max time ya should leave between working a muscle because by then its fully healed and starts breaking down.Mine is
DAY1 Back-9 sets/3exercises
Biceps-6sets/2exercises
Legs-6sets each for front&back (roughly45mins)

DAY2 Chest-12sets/3or4 exercises
Shoulders-6 sets/2or3exercises
Triceps-5 sets/2 exercises (Roughly 60 mins)

DAY 3 Rest(unless im doing abs)
and abs every 2nd day.I use weights that i max at 8 reps.Bench is 240lbs,Military Press is 155lbs& Bicep curl is 40lbs each DB.Some days id add another rest day if needed.My max Bench ever was 315lbs.This probably sounds like alot but ive made great progress with it.Id appreciate any comments.Cheers.

So Day 1 you do legs and back. The next day you do chest and shoulders. Then you rest 1 day then repeat on day 4. Have I got that right??

or is that Mon-Wed-Fri type thing?

Well, its a complicated setup;mainly because i wanted to work my abs more frequently and vary the frequency a little bit.It goes
DAY1-Chest,Tris,Shoulders,Abs DAY6-Rest
DAY2-Back,Legs,Bis DAY7-Repeat day1
DAY3-Abs DAY8-Repeat day2
DAY4-Chest,Tris,Shoulders DAY9-Abs
DAY5-Back,Legs,Bis,Abs DAY10-Rest

I know there arnt many rest days, but days were i only do my abs take less than 25 minutes and its easy to do them without getting any other muscles secondary, so there practically like rest days.I do cardio 2 or 3 times during this routine.

Personally I think that's overtraining. If I was to work the same muscles twice a week (which I currently am) I would reduce the volume quite a bit. But, if it's working for you, good luck!

Thanks!, its working great so far (and Iv got the damn stretch marks to show for it!).But anyway you think 6 or 7 days in between training amusclee is to much rest?

Back