• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

shoulder sore

brian2440

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
For the last couple of weeks my shoulder has been a little sore. At first when I got up it was really sore till I loosened it up. Now it is a little sore. Soreness comes and goes. I was wondering if I should let my shoulders rest for a week or so or just do light weights. The soreness is right on the edge of the shoulder on top.

Yes, definitely rest it, stop training for a week or as long as it takes for it to heal. I have had a couple of rotator cuff injuries (luckily no surgery) and one thing I have learned is you're better off long term to let your shoulder heal then to try and train around it and possibly make it worse.

Robert DiMaggio said:
Yes, definitely rest it, stop training for a week or as long as it takes for it to heal. I have had a couple of rotator cuff injuries (luckily no surgery) and one thing I have learned is you're better off long term to let your shoulder heal then to try and train around it and possibly make it worse.

Should I take a week completly off or just not work my shoulders.

I would take time off but remember that if it is the rotator cuff it gets deconditioned pretty fast. I would take a few days off and then start doing rotator cuff exercises with a very light weight or you will just come back and hurt the shoulder again.

ZAGLOBA said:
I would take time off but remember that if it is the rotator cuff it gets deconditioned pretty fast. I would take a few days off and then start doing rotator cuff exercises with a very light weight or you will just come back and hurt the shoulder again.

I did my shoulder/tris monday of this week. I did back/delts on tues, off wendsday, thursday was chest/bis and legs on fri. So I have not worked my upper body for three days now. Is it safe to work my shoulders tomorrow or should I give it more time?

I would lay off from doing any upper body exercises and just do rotator cuff exercises. Here's a link to rotator cuff exerciseshttp://orthoinfo.aaos.org/booklet/view_exercise.cfm?Thread_ID=19&topcategory=Shoulder

Hope this helps, if you don't give enough time for it to rest and get stronger by doing these exercises, its just going to get worse until you can hardly work out anymore, then you'll have to take a long break like I am doing right now

you guys dont even need me anymore :cry:

excellent advice from everyone...listen to these guys, they know what they are talking about. What you dont want to do is seriously injure your shoulder for the long term....that would really mess up your training.

rest and rehab to get the shoulder right....do the rotator exercises from now on to keep it right....and make sure your form is perfect when you start lifting again.

Back