• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

My Forearm Veins "hurt" while lifting??

JTrollerb

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi,

I'm 19, I've been lifting for about 1.5 years now....approximately 150 pounds, and semi-cut by now. I've been noticing the veins in my forearms becoming more pronounced the past few months, and starting about a month ago, every time I curl the weights for my biceps, I've been having an uncomfortable sensation in my veins....It feels like the veins are full of pressure, and sometimes it gets so bad it hurts a little.

I already know I have low body fat because I've got a nice visible vein on each of my biceps. A friend said maybe there's too much blood flowing through my forearms area? And that maybe I should try a blood thinner?

Any help or advice would greatly be appreciated.
Thank you!!

JTrollerb said:
Hi,

I'm 19, I've been lifting for about 1.5 years now....approximately 150 pounds, and semi-cut by now. I've been noticing the veins in my forearms becoming more pronounced the past few months, and starting about a month ago, every time I curl the weights for my biceps, I've been having an uncomfortable sensation in my veins....It feels like the veins are full of pressure, and sometimes it gets so bad it hurts a little.

I already know I have low body fat because I've got a nice visible vein on each of my biceps. A friend said maybe there's too much blood flowing through my forearms area? And that maybe I should try a blood thinner?

Any help or advice would greatly be appreciated.
Thank you!!

A blood thinner? :wtf: You feel pain in your vein? Ha, that rhymes. Does this make me a successful rapper?

I'm no doctor bro but it sounds like you are experiencing some serious pumps. Here's a tip... THIS IS GOOD, ENJOY!

I'm not quite sure how you could feel pain in your veins as they don't contain any nerve endings. I'm thinking you may be confused with what you are actually feeling. sounds more like muscle fatigue

try slicing your wrists and see if that helps. :shrug:

It's probably the tendons in your forearm. The tendons in your forearm can get really sore to the point you can't grip anything anymore. Go check with your doctor, maybe tendonitis

when i see a hot girl i get a pain in my vein.

magic number 100. thank you. i'd first like to thank IM without you this would have never of happend.....

LAM is probably right, its lactic acid buildup or a nice pump or something of that nature. You can't feel your veins because they lack nerve endings.

ZAGLOBA said:
It's probably the tendons in your forearm. The tendons in your forearm can get really sore to the point you can't grip anything anymore. Go check with your doctor, maybe tendonitis
yes this is a possibility. Is it worse if you use a straight bar as opposed to the E-Z bar for curls?

i get that pain sometimes too, more w/ straight bar, i know its not the veins though. dont take a blood thinner, your friend is an idiot

IML Gear Cream!
Yes I do seem to get it worse with the straight bar....that's why I've always used the EZ bar....but I still am getting it.

You're probably feeling the muscles engorged with blood. You will also have a great sense of pressure because of the volume of blood being pumped. If it hurts it's probably some kind of muscle fatigue

It sounds to me like your forearms can't keep up with your routine. Give your forearms a rest, and if they still hurt after a good 4-5 days of rest, see a doctor. ...and tell your friend he's a dumbass - blood thinner? :nut:

I also get a similar pain, although it is fine when i am lifting, but as soon as i put the weight down and release my grip i get it. If i release my grip slowly the pain isn't as bad. any ideas?

I have that same problem too!

"it is fine when i am lifting, but as soon as i put the weight down and release my grip i get it. If i release my grip slowly the pain isn't as bad."

hmm, i wonder what it is then, maybe these guys can shed some light on the matter

It has to be the tendons in your forearm. you probably have tennis elbow and just need to rest your arms completely and ice them everyday and do light rehabilitative exercises or the problem is just going to get worse. there is no way that it is a vein problem

JTrollerb said:
I have that same problem too!

"it is fine when i am lifting, but as soon as i put the weight down and release my grip i get it. If i release my grip slowly the pain isn't as bad."
I had that problem all my life and it doesn't go away. I stopped lifting for almost 20 years and as soon as I started lifting again, boom there it is again

Back