NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Stretch mark (in armpit) from lifting??

Rep Points

Question Stretch mark (in armpit) from lifting??

Ever since I started taking Creatine Monohydrate this week, I just noticed a pink/redish mark right above my left armpit, which one of my friends labeled it as a stretch mark. I've been doing a lot of bench pressing, including the flat, incline, and dumbbell benches. Is that would it could be? A stretch mark?

I'm 19 and weigh only 150, and Im not losing any weight....I thought only people who lose lots of weight get stretch marks?

Thank you!!

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Stretchmarks are caused when the skin is pulled faster than it can grow. We all get them in the pec/delt tie-in.

Dedicated to one thing!!!

Rep Points

my friends got this and it looks like he has been cut with a knife and he has a scar it is HUGE

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Typically they are received when you gain weight, which is why women are noted for them during pregnancy. Dehydration can make them worse, as can thin skin.

Youll Never Walk Alone

Rep Points

Everyone that weight trains has them around the armpit area( inner bicep/pec/etc.), myself included.Nothin to be embarassed about.Most of the ones I have, I got while starting out and I was only 145lbs and doing very light weights without supplements.Theyll eventually fade to a shade very close to your natural skin tone, but never fully go away(so theyll be far less prominent than they are now).Dont worry, their an indicator your makin gains!!!!!!!!!

Swelling up

Rep Points

I don't have any...i'm making gains
    I'm coming in the gym, i'm coming at home, i'm coming in front of 25,000 people...it's fantastic!

Youll Never Walk Alone

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by nmuriqi
    I don't have any...i'm making gains
    Seriously?!?Whats your secret?I got em all round my armpit area ?Anyway, what I meant was theyre an indicator your muscle is growing.Didnt mean to have a jab at anybody.

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

I also have them. They fade in time. At this point they are hardly noticeable. Keeping yourself properly hydrated and rubbing topical vitamin E oil on the area affected can minimize the occurence of new stretch marks.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

C U T T I N G

Rep Points

I've had mine on my arms for over 5 years and they have faded but will never go away.

Swelling up

Rep Points

I probably have thick skin.
    I'm coming in the gym, i'm coming at home, i'm coming in front of 25,000 people...it's fantastic!

Dedicated to one thing!!!

Rep Points

no you probably have stretchier skin

Continuous Learning

Rep Points

I put on 10 pounds (most of it LBM) in the past 6 weeks without any issues. Hopefully things will continue without stretch marks. Gotta cross my fingers

Trill

Rep Points

Im not sure if anyone knows, because nobody has mentioned it, but they do have creams that you can rub onto stretch marks to make them disappear. I don't remember the name of the stuff but if u ask for the stuff that makes stretch marks disappear, they'll know what you are talkin about

Rep Points

I have stretch marks on my arms, and in the armpit area. You Grow u stretch.

I also have them all along the shaft of my penis.........................j/k

Coca butter helps but they never go away.They get lighter and fade away some, but never all the way.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Martinogdenbsx
    no you probably have stretchier skin
    Thicker skin as a rule is more elastic. Asians statistically have thicker skin, otherwise most humans share approximately the same skin thickness other than based on bodyfat percentages which is obviously individual. Which group of asian peoples I could not say, perhaps "all." I would imagine Eskimos to have some thickness there for protection.

///M Rider

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warren[BigW]

I also have them all along the shaft of my penis.........................j/k
    Stop pulling on it so much....
    Maximus:
    "What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

http://kandeecup.tripod.com/gif

"Success does not necessarily mean advancement;... it refers to the accomplishment or sense of achievement one obtains from trying one's best... I...enjoy the process of become stronger and more muscular."

Rep Points

I dont have any stretch marks and ive been noticing alot of muscle gains. and i also used to be real fat when i was like 13-14 and never saw stretch marks. lucky me.
    crossin my fingers. maybe it has to do with genetics or something. im greek so maybe greeks have thick skin??

Polish Powerhouse

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by j rizz
    I dont have any stretch marks and ive been noticing alot of muscle gains. and i also used to be real fat when i was like 13-14 and never saw stretch marks. lucky me.
    crossin my fingers. maybe it has to do with genetics or something. im greek so maybe greeks have thick skin??
    You don't have any stretch marks because when you were fat, your skin got stretched out and you haven't grown enough to expand the skin past the point where you get stretch marks.
    Honor i Ojczyzna

Rep Points

?? i havent grown enough??.. i was 13 or 14 at like 5'1 weighing 180 pounds. and now im 18 6'0 175...how did i not grow??
    and before i hit my fat stage i was a super skinny kid who could eat whatever and not gain a pound. i got fat from being inactive. but none the less. putin all that weight did expand m skin and i still never got stretch marks. then i dropped the wieght and got skinny and then went on a bulkin phase(what im currently doing) and still dont have stretch marks.

Youll Never Walk Alone

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by DbLPLatinum89
    Im not sure if anyone knows, because nobody has mentioned it, but they do have creams that you can rub onto stretch marks to make them disappear. I don't remember the name of the stuff but if u ask for the stuff that makes stretch marks disappear, they'll know what you are talkin about
    Retina-A?

StudentDentistTeethPuller

Rep Points

i ahve stretch marks on my arm pits as well.

but there something weird on biceps. i use to be really fat 5 years ago weighed 215 with like 18+ bf% . now I am 13.5% at 192. with my biceps i notice when i do a dumb bell curl i get a some kind of lines showing. not a smooth skin.
    No Pain, No Gain