• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Yanick's Journal - Lets Give it a Shot

Yanick

Amor Fati
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Okay so i decided that my workouts are not pussy anymore and i can start a journal on here without being afraid of everyone laughing at me. My lifts are still pussy, just not my workouts (although Pat would beg to differ, fucker).

Gettin right to it.

Stats
5'9"
214ish (friday morning is my official weight day although i weigh myself everyday just for the hell of it)
high teens bf%, maybe like 16 or so

Training is as follows

Day 1: Legs
Day 2: Chest/Shoulders/Tri's
Day 3: Back/Traps/R Delts/Bi's
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Rest/Cardio
Day 6: Legs
Day 7: Chest/Shoulders/Tri's
Day 8: Back/Traps/R Delts/Bi's
Day 9: Rest/Cardio if i feel like it
Day 10: Repeat

The workouts are, as Pat would say, dual factor hypertrophy training. I do one movement to build strength, ie on day 1 i'll do singles, doubles, triples on bench (with 2 min RI's) then the rest of the workout will be standard BB stuff, with 1 min RI's and i will do another movement focusing on chest ie dips for reps of 6+. Day 6 starts a new cycle and instead of working with circa maximal poundages i do speed work (Dynamic effort for the westside people), so like 8 sets of box squats or something followed by standard BB stuff for legs. Every two leg days i switch emphasis from quads to hammies. So first time around i'll squat, then move on to front squats->sldls->calfs next time around i'll DL->good mornings->leg press->calfs for example (i'm trying to increase my volume per workout also, so if those leg days look like pussy shit, gimme some time i recently quit smoking cigarettes).

Diet is as follows

Meal 1
4oz cooked beef patty
.5 C oatmeal

Meal 2
.5 lb cottage cheese (4% fat)
med apple

Meal 3
2 Wendy's caesar or regular side salads sans dressing and croutons
1 can of tuna
1 tbsn olive
balsamic vinegar
med sweet potato

Meal 4
.5 lb cottage cheese
med apple

Meal 5 Pre w/o
44g Whey (Metabolic Whey)
30g Dextrose

Meal 6 Post w/o
44g Whey
30g Dextrose

Meal 7
4oz Beef Patty
.5 C oatmeal

-This week i'll be adding fish oil to meals 1-4 (3g per meal).
-The protein in meal's 1/7 can be replaced with any other standard animal protein if i happen to run out of beef.
-I occasionally run out of Cottage Cheese so i replace that meal with 2% Milk and turkey breast, trying to keep the macro's the same.
-On non workout days i replace Meal 5 and 6 with 1 whole food meal of my choosing (chicken or w/e), i try and keep the macros the same as with my other meals.
-I'll also be taking 400mg (or grams i forget) green tea extract in the morning and another 400mg pre workout
-I'll work ALCAR in there somewhere mostly for the improved cognitive function as i smoke a little pot here and there and i'm starting college soon. I have had some good experience with ALCAR in the past in terms of cognitive enhancement, never really noticed any body comp changes though as my diet was shit at that time.
-I'll be switching my training program so something with less days in the gym as i'll be working full time and going to college nights/weekends starting March 1.
-For the next couple of weeks i'll increase my kcals to ~3500 or so and then start decreasing them to try and drop some fat.

I think that should cover everything for now.

Today's workout (i didn't write anything down, i have to start carrying a journal to the gym again)

Bent Over Rows
225x3x3 (sets x reps)
225x5

went too light on those, going for a cumulative fatigue effect but it didn't happen, next time i'll increase weight

Seated Cable Rows
150x8 too light
170x8 still too light
190x8 still a little too light
200x8 pretty good i'll have to start with this weight next time

BB shrugs - over/under grip
275x4x8

weight was just about right, 8 seemed like a good number today

Rope Face Pulls
70x8 too light
90x8 too light
100x2x8 just right

Unilateral Front Double Bi Cable Curls (i don't know what these are called but it looks like your hitting a front double bi pose when doing them)
RI=30sec
60x2x8
50x2x8

thats all for now.

I look forward to following this.

Looks solid.

How long since you quit the cancer stix?

PreMier,

thanks for stoppin by bro.

Coldiron,

it happened the monday after this new year's, it wasn't really a new years resolution, it just happened to happen at that time. I finally got sick of the way i was abusing my body honestly. It was difficult until i had my first w/o without them (about 3-4 days into quitting), after the way i felt whether it was psychosomatic or not was awesome, and i'm steadily seeing improvements in my cardio conditioning with this low rest stuff.

I should also mention that i won't really be getting to run this program for an amount of that i would be happy with, but i've been more or less building up to this type of program (yeah i was that bad) for the 2 months or so. This week is the first week i'm doing cardio also, i just want it there to help me build up my conditioning faster. I'll be switching to a program that has me in the gym 3-4x/week. And i'll see if i can figure out some Upper/Lower stuff or maybe a Full body program 3x/week so i can do some strength training its something i really enjoy.

Last edited:
what up yan.

I'll definitely be stopping in here periodically. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't seem to be focused on a single goal. You are into conditioning yourself on many levels, although it sounds like strength is of primary importance?

CowPimp said:
I'll definitely be stopping in here periodically. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't seem to be focused on a single goal. You are into conditioning yourself on many levels, although it sounds like strength is of primary importance?

yan's goal never changes......strength strength strength. and then size. no dieting down except to lean out a bit but will never go under 200lbs because...."real men weight 200lbs".

Looking at your diet....WTF??? It looks way low in cals bro? 4oz of beef??? That is like what a 120lb women eats. and only .5lb of cottage cheese....that is like half a cup i believe?? What is up with that? Was that a lost day or is that your regular diet now?

P-funk said:
yan's goal never changes......strength strength strength. and then size. no dieting down except to lean out a bit but will never go under 200lbs because...."real men weight 200lbs".

Damn. I must have a vagina somewhere then.

CowPimp said:
Damn. I must have a vagina somewhere then.

lol, me too. he and a few of my friends that are powerlifters really like to dump on me about my BW. Call me a pussy and shit.

If yan gets back to training full swing we should see some sweet numbers on the squat and deadlift (esp. if he squats powerlifter style). Kids has some wicked form. But he sucks ass at bench press....LOL.

Good luck Yan, it'll be fun to see Patricks comments in here :funny:

P-funk said:

:lol: Thats wise.

.5lb of CC is 1 cup.

Thanks to everyone for stopping by, i'll try and keep it interesting.

Pat, yea my diet is really low cal right now, ~2500kcal. Next week i'm gonna bump it up to 3000 then to 3500 i'll start dropping kcals again from there. I want to drop to 205 befoer i start eatin again. Also the meat weight is after cooking so its probably like 6oz of beef.

Also regarding my diet, on the weekends i give myself more freedom with food, i don't count cals or anything and i allow myself cheats starting friday night till saturday night. They're not really carb ups/refeeds per se as i get more fat than they require, but they are just higher kcal days. What can i say, food is anabolic :)

Cowpimp, yes Pat is correct my #1 goal is strength (all types of strength) closely followed by size (at w/e bf). I used to be obsessed with getting to a low bf (fat kid syndrome) but i have since coped with my psychological problems and am very secure with my appearance even at 16+% as long as i am big and strong.

Today is a Cardio day and tomorrow i'll start my program from the beginning this time around i will be deadliftin so it will be great seeing all those plates on the bar.

Theres more stuff that i have to write down in here but i'll get to that after the gym.

rock4832 said:
Good luck Yan, it'll be fun to see Patricks comments in here :funny:

I'm looking forward to those myself actually

but i have since coped with my psychological problems and am very secure with my appearance even at 16+% as long as i am big and strong.

you are my fucking hero!! hahaahhahah

Did cardio today, 30min moderate intensity +6min warmup/cooldown. My mean heart rate was like 170bpm, that seems pretty fuckin high but i can't do much, it didn't feel too hard. i actually hit 183 for a few minutes at the very end level was 6 pretty much the whole time and i bumped it to 9 the last 4 minutes or so rpm's were about 100-115 the whole time.

I'm thinking that i am being a little too conservative on the kcals, i'm gonna bump them up faster than ~500/week, i just want to re-establish my metabolism, if you will, because i've been hypocaloric for so long (when i'm not strict with my diet i usually wind up hypocaloric).

Today's diet was the same except for some reason my mom decided to buy flax seed oil pills so i took three of em for my 4th meal. I'll start taking them for now until my fish oil comes in the mail. it'll be 12g/day, 3 g x 4 meals.

I also substituted my 3rd meal with 6oz smoked salmon and ~4 tbsn sour cream + sweet potato. Macro's should've stayed the same except the flax.

Tomorrow i'll make a more solid diet plan with my future changes.

since i want to be as honest as possible on here i'll update really quickly. this is something that has been happening to me lately, i hope its just because of the low cals and once i start eating like normal again it'll go away. every once in a while i will have a late night binge, i am actually very at not giving in to temptation once i have my diet planned out there is absolutely no way i'm straying unless i'm unprepared with my food or something. this late night shit happens and i can't control it, i'm half asleep and don't really know what the hell i'm doing. yesterday i ate half a pie (it was some kind of russian cherry pie thing).

I'm not feeling mad or guilty, but i just want to deal with this thing because it could become a problem in the future when i really want to tighten up my diet.

bw today was 218lb we'll see what i weigh on friday morning today is legs :barf:

What cardio are you doing? LOL about the late night binges. When I was in the last few weeks before a competition last year I would WAKE UP in the middle of the night eating Peanut Butter outta the jar. LOL. I eventually had to make my wife hide it before bed to stop that from happening.

late night binger?? hahahaah......you are a sully in the making you fat animal!!!

IML Gear Cream!
rock4832 said:
What cardio are you doing? LOL about the late night binges. When I was in the last few weeks before a competition last year I would WAKE UP in the middle of the night eating Peanut Butter outta the jar. LOL. I eventually had to make my wife hide it before bed to stop that from happening.

Rock,

I do moderate intensity cardio just to get my conditioning better. I'm so out of shape cardio wise its not even funny. I asked Pat about it a couple of days ago and he told me i should probably just stick to mod intensity for now.
I'd try sprints and shit but i might suffer a heart attack (heart rate was like 90% of max on moderate intensity, a sprint could kill me lol)

P-funk said:
late night binger?? hahahaah......you are a sully in the making you fat animal!!!

hahahahahaha, atleast its not gallons of sugar free ice cream :fart:

update:

i've been sitting home the past two days because i somehow came down with pink-eye (conjunctivitis, sp?) and my doc told me to stay home as it is really contagious. I never got it before in my life so i didn't know shit about it so i just listened to him.

because of that i got to sleep in both days, and today i woke up at 12:30 pm, it felt good but its gonna be hard to get all my meals in. So meals 1 and 2 were combined, i'm also about to go and combine meals 3 and 4 i can't afford to undereat as i'm so low cal right now.

My supps came today, i've taken the green tea extract already (400mg) and i will be taking fish oil with the rest of my meals as planned. I'm also probably just gonna start eating more food real soon, fuck the whole tapering approach i doubt i'll put on much fat in the next week or so. College starts next tuesday so i'll probably just finish up this last cycle of my current program and move onto something else, dunno what yet. Any suggestions, keeping in mind that the program should either have some sort of strength component to it, or it should be flexible enough to add a strength component in?

three day a week total body with speed and strength work alternating between bench and squat or bench and dead like i did right after my last contest?

hope you feel better. pink eye sucks!

2-23-05

Legs

Deadlifts (convo style, after each rep drop the bar and take a couple of seconds to reset) RI=120s
365x3
385x1
385x1
385x1
385x1

Good Mornings RI=60s
155x10x3sets

Front Squats RI=60s
185x5 too heavy going for a higher rep range
155x7
155x4 i gave up on this mentally...really pissed
155x8 this made me happy, but it was hard i almost lost the bar on the last rep

Seated Calf Raises RI=60s
90x12
90x12
RI=45s
90x12
90x12
90x15 felt the burn on those last couple

Overall great workout. I feel like i can work more and more every week, conditioning is definitely improving. I'm also almost back to deadlifting 4 plates which is really good (i hurt my back a while ago doing 405 for triples). Almost threw up at the very end, felt like my head was in a vice...i love that :rocker:

Today's food

Meal 1
4oz (cooked) ground beef sirloin w/a little BBQ sauce :D
.5lb cottage cheese, 4% fat
.5Cup oatmeal
med apple
6g flaxseed oil

Meal 2
1 Can of tuna
.5lb cottage cheese, 4% fat
1 tbsn olive oil
balsamic vinega
med apple
med sweet potato
1 tomato
6 fish oil caps

Meal 3 pre w/o
44g whey
30g dextrose

Meal 4 post w/o (drinking it right now)
44g whey
30g dextrose

Meal 5 (in about an hour, right before bed)
4oz ground beef sirloin, cooked
.5Cup oatmeal

That comes out to roughly
2467Kcals - what am i a girl or somethin? This number is definitely going up.
240P
83F
190C

Tomorrow i'm increasing kcals...don't know how or how much, yet.

P-funk said:
three day a week total body with speed and strength work alternating between bench and squat or bench and dead like i did right after my last contest?

hope you feel better. pink eye sucks!

I think i might actually go with the total body program, i'm just not sure i have the conditioning to be going balls to the wall on a full body program with low RI's. Maybe i'll steal your progressive density thing and lower my RI's 5-10sec every week from 2min to 1min or something.

Re: the pink eye, its pretty much gone. It didn't really bother me too much, i'd much rather get pink eye a couple times a year than catch colds/flus...now that shit pisses me off.

BTW, Dennis was just pukin in the bathroom...he's so sick. I told him to stay away from me, lol.

Very respectable numbers. I highly recommend hitting up a full body routine again. I did one today for the first time in quite a while, and I remember now why I liked them so much before. Good shit!

CowPimp said:
Very respectable numbers. I highly recommend hitting up a full body routine again. I did one today for the first time in quite a while, and I remember now why I liked them so much before. Good shit!

Thanks for the compliment bro. I probably am going to go with a full body routine, maybe the one Pat or maybe one from the articles that he sent me i think it was called SOB training. The guy who wrote them was doing some interesting stuff with cycling intensity, density and volume...i gotta re-read the articles and make my decision.

Deadlifts are hardcore! Good numbers for sure.

How you get that pink eye?
If I dont drink plenty of water I seem to have very watery and red eyes. Been to the doctor(s) and everything was fine. So I just make sure I drink enough water. Not sure if thats the case with you...

Yunier said:
Deadlifts are hardcore! Good numbers for sure.

How you get that pink eye?
If I dont drink plenty of water I seem to have very watery and red eyes. Been to the doctor(s) and everything was fine. So I just make sure I drink enough water. Not sure if thats the case with you...

thanx for the compliment, i'm really trying to get to where i was strength wise 6 months ago.

from what i've been told (i don't care enough about it to actually sit down and do research) its an inflammation of something in your eye (the suffix -itis in medical terms always means inflammation). Its not airborne but its transmitted through touch, so if you scratch your eye then touch a pen and give that pen to someone else who then touches they're eye, they will catch it. Its really not that bad, feels like something is in your eye when you blink, kind of an annoying feeling but nothing that should inhibits you physically (as opposed to coughing up your lungs and shit). I think i caught it from a girl at work who's kid had pink eye but i can't be too sure, fuckin' biatch made me lose two days pay.

Back