• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

NBA --- Trade Deadline

Cold Iron

High $ociety
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
C- Webb to Philly

The Sixers sent Brian Skinner, Kenny Thomas and Corliss Williamson to the Kings for Webber, Matt Barnes and Michael Bradley.

FUCK, this hurts the draft pick we got in the VC deal (philly pick)

Apparently the Baron is almost on his way to GS as well

Cold Iron said:
Welsch to Cle for a 1st

Juri? From the Celt's? wtf?

And I also heard a terrible rumor that they were maybe gonna trade Pierce for Allen.

Ainge, you're startin' to look too much like a certain Patino.

But damn, what the hell were the Kings thinking? :hmmm:

Wasn't CWebb due to make like 60 mill over the next three years? Maybe it was a dump to get more salary room - new collective bargaining agreement this year after all.

Ya Cwebb makes a ton of dough, but as you proably know in the NBA, salaries going each way have to match for the most part. So the guys they got back all have big salaries and furthermore, the contracts all run for the same length of time and expire the same yr. Although now they they 3 smaller contracts which are more manageable and gives more flexibility

Jiri Welsch has looked lost this season, and has never come to his own. There were reports that Pierce and Davis were nagging on Jiri all season and that it has really hindered his game this season. It's ultimately a win-win situation for both teams.

Philadelphia 76ers trade Glenn Robinson for Rodney Rogers, Jamal Mashburn

Antoine Walker back to Boston, Gary Payton traded to Minnesota. Wow.

soxmuscle said:
Antoine Walker back to Boston, Gary Payton traded to Minnesota. Wow.

I thought it was to Atl :hmmm:

Regardless, i'm VERY happy to have Cyber 'Toine back in town. He's a helluva player, and brings a very good all around game back to beantown.

Not to mention i sorely missed the Walker Wiggle :banana:

Yea, I jumped on the rumor too quickly. Whats being reported now is Gary Payton will request his buy out from Atlanta and resign with the Celts. It doesn't get any better than that.

Dumbcock didn't make one move.......now Marshall will walk at the end of the season for nutting

That definitly seemed sort of odd to me, Cold Iron. Even if the deals weren't right, you still get something for him. What an idiot.

soxmuscle said:
Yea, I jumped on the rumor too quickly. Whats being reported now is Gary Payton will request his buy out from Atlanta and resign with the Celts. It doesn't get any better than that.

what u mean request his buyout and resign??? :hmmm:

does that mean what i think it means? :D

gr81 said:
no way Seattle makes that trade, Shultz and Wally Walker want to resign Allen badly..
Seattle is the one who offered the trade to Boston....

Anway, I'm happy as hell to have Toine back in beantown too. Now we can get back to where we were a few years ago.

Cold Iron said:
Dumbcock didn't make one move.......now Marshall will walk at the end of the season for nutting

There was no deal to make, everyone wanted to dump a long term salary on the raps, for Marshall. And they weren't gonna get shit for Williams. So it didn't make sense to do any deals. I wouldn't trade Rose. What other Bait we gonna deal Raifer, who the raps signed to a rediculously long contract. Who would want that

Postive though it will open some Cap room at the end of the Year.

I don't think the Raps could compete with the deals the Knicks, '76ers, Celtics made. Why make your team shittier just for making a deal. Just keep coming out competing, and chances will show themselves. And work on some D.

It will be interesting to see the Ego conflict in Philly with Iverson and Webber

Flex said:
come on, sox. you're leavin' me hangin'..
Ric Bucher on ESPN News is reporting that Gary Payton will sign a 2 year deal with the Celtics for the veteran minimum. What a deal if this is true, Dannyboy!

Lafrentz, Walker, Allen, Pierce, Payton with Davis, Jefferson, Perkins, West, and Banks coming off the bench.

IML Gear Cream!
soxmuscle said:
Ric Bucher on ESPN News is reporting that Gary Payton will sign a 2 year deal with the Celtics for the veteran minimum. What a deal if this is true, Dannyboy!

Lafrentz, Walker, Allen, Pierce, Payton with Davis, Jefferson, Perkins, West, and Banks coming off the bench.

WTF no one signs a 2yr vet minimum, ESPECIALLY GP.

Cold Iron said:
WTF no one signs a 2yr vet minimum, ESPECIALLY GP.
I know, it's probably ESPN jumping to the gun chatter. We'll see soon..

IainDaniel said:
There was no deal to make, everyone wanted to dump a long term salary on the raps, for Marshall. And they weren't gonna get shit for Williams. So it didn't make sense to do any deals. I wouldn't trade Rose. What other Bait we gonna deal Raifer, who the raps signed to a rediculously long contract. Who would want that

Postive though it will open some Cap room at the end of the Year.

I don't think the Raps could compete with the deals the Knicks, '76ers, Celtics made. Why make your team shittier just for making a deal. Just keep coming out competing, and chances will show themselves. And work on some D.

It will be interesting to see the Ego conflict in Philly with Iverson and Webber

But there were deals, thats the thing. E williams has trade value, don't kid yourself. Rafer is a bargain for the numbers he puts up, I bet we could find a suitor and get an expriring back

The nazr deal? what about that? thomas is the biggest idiot ever.
Webber hasn't been a first option in ages, so I don't anticiapte a problem. As well, AI was begging for help and he is also top ten in assists. Philly should win the division no prob now and push our pick back further in the the process

Last I heard he was released... or it might have been they were thinking about it, cant remember

He's Atlanta's property currently, but he will be bought out and released within the next few days.

Cold Iron said:
But there were deals, thats the thing. E williams has trade value, don't kid yourself. Rafer is a bargain for the numbers he puts up, I bet we could find a suitor and get an expriring back

None of the deals would have been any help to the raps, except exchanging Baggage. Raifer has a 6 year Contract worth 24 Million. Who would wanna tie up 6 years, with a guy that is fucked in the head. Especially with the new CBA talks coming up, and trying to shorten contract lengths.

E Williams has very minimal trade value, he has done Jack for the raps except one game against the Bucks a while back. And everyone in the league is gonna think they can pick him up for nothing cause he has demanded a trade much like the VC scenario.

IainDaniel said:
None of the deals would have been any help to the raps, except exchanging Baggage. Raifer has a 6 year Contract worth 24 Million. Who would wanna tie up 6 years, with a guy that is fucked in the head. Especially with the new CBA talks coming up, and trying to shorten contract lengths.

E Williams has very minimal trade value, he has done Jack for the raps except one game against the Bucks a while back. And everyone in the league is gonna think they can pick him up for nothing cause he has demanded a trade much like the VC scenario.

I heard a Wagner, Pavlovic + Diop deal was on the table. I agree, not the greatest but atleast some young blood with somewhat-potential.

I know understand though that we were/are severely handicapped by our financial situation which restricted our ability to make any moves big time
Lux Tax is rumored to be gone this year only because some sort of big lump sum payment the league got for a Laker deal. But it can be back in 05-06 season. Lux Tax Threshold is around 55 million. It's rumored in the NEW CBA that the teams over lux tax will now PAY 2 DOLLARS for every dollar there over. We have wayyy to much committed in guaranteed $$, we couldnt take on anything, that wasnt an expiring. With donyell being an expiring himself we needed a package of either a pick/prospect + an expiring, something I guess no one had or was willing to pay.

Rafer is averaging 14 and 7. His contract averages around 4 million per. Someone would give us an expiring for him, guarantee it. If you got talent and a cheap contract, someone will take a flyer on you

I disagree. Eric has tremendous respect around the league and every GM in the league would love to have him aboard. His numbers are down but that is TOTALLY expected. You probably didnt know this but Erics wife was murdered a while back and he is now raising his children by himself. Last off-season he had just signed a contract to play back at home in NJ, his hometown, so that he could be closer with his family and spend more time with them and raise them. Eric's a stand-up guy but theirs extenuating circumstances that a lot of people dont know about. Knowing everything that transpired in toronto, I dont blame him one bit for demanding a trade and would anyone?

Cold Iron said:
I heard a Wagner, Pavlovic + Diop deal was on the table. I agree, not the greatest but atleast some young blood with somewhat-potential.

I know understand though that we were/are severely handicapped by our financial situation which restricted our ability to make any moves big time
Lux Tax is rumored to be gone this year only because some sort of big lump sum payment the league got for a Laker deal. But it can be back in 05-06 season. Lux Tax Threshold is around 55 million. It's rumored in the NEW CBA that the teams over lux tax will now PAY 2 DOLLARS for every dollar there over. We have wayyy to much committed in guaranteed $$, we couldnt take on anything, that wasnt an expiring. With donyell being an expiring himself we needed a package of either a pick/prospect + an expiring, something I guess no one had or was willing to pay.

Rafer is averaging 14 and 7. His contract averages around 4 million per. Someone would give us an expiring for him, guarantee it. If you got talent and a cheap contract, someone will take a flyer on you

I disagree. Eric has tremendous respect around the league and every GM in the league would love to have him aboard. His numbers are down but that is TOTALLY expected. You probably didnt know this but Erics wife was murdered a while back and he is now raising his children by himself. Last off-season he had just signed a contract to play back at home in NJ, his hometown, so that he could be closer with his family and spend more time with them and raise them. Eric's a stand-up guy but theirs extenuating circumstances that a lot of people dont know about. Knowing everything that transpired in toronto, I dont blame him one bit for demanding a trade and would anyone?

Raifer has too many issues that scare alot of teams. I think that is the big problem. And the Raps offered him a miracle contract last off-season, hence the reason he jumped all over it. He is very streaky, he can play good, but can also stink up the floor.

I new Eric didn't want to leave NJ and wanted to be close to family, didn't know that about his wife. That sucks. I don't blame him one bit for demanding a trade. He hasn't got a chance under Mitchell's lead. But the fact that he has demanded a trade, and Babcock being pretty green in the GM position, allows other experienced GM's to come in and make rediculous offers to try and take advantage.

IainDaniel said:
Raifer has too many issues that scare alot of teams. I think that is the big problem. And the Raps offered him a miracle contract last off-season, hence the reason he jumped all over it. He is very streaky, he can play good, but can also stink up the floor.

I new Eric didn't want to leave NJ and wanted to be close to family, didn't know that about his wife. That sucks. I don't blame him one bit for demanding a trade. He hasn't got a chance under Mitchell's lead. But the fact that he has demanded a trade, and Babcock being pretty green in the GM position, allows other experienced GM's to come in and make rediculous offers to try and take advantage.

Obviously we disagree on this issue, but 14 and 7 are great numbers for a PG and the contract isnt that bad at all. I still think we would have had no problem getting an expiring back. Gm's take chances on talent all the time; cheap gm's always try ressurection solutions, if it means getting a bargain. It's really a moot point becasue I think Sam really likes Rafer a lot and see's a lot of himself in him. So I don't see him getting traded in the near future. I think we will draft another PG with the philly pick this year and Rafer will eventually slide into the 2nd unit and maybe traded down the line.

I agree with you about B-cock. I think teams were just low balling him trying to fleece him yet again. I seriously hope he doesnt have a bad rep amongst his peers, as a pushover/joke or something. We could have still gotten an expiring for E-will too though. He would be a great player for the playoffs. I'm not upset we didnt trade him though or anyone but I cant belive we didnt trade marshall. I wouldnt have minded dealing rose either, as his clutch play and player of the week award are leading up to a shittier draft pick. But I guess he's ok to have around. He's helping us win( :mad: ) but I'm sure that makes Bosh happy, who is our future and someone we have to keep happy, so he re-signs. Plus, Rose's contract will be worth a lot when it's expiring.

Back