• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How long does a 5lb container of whey last an average person

leg_press

Starting a fresh
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok, not mean to be nasty but other than FLEX cus I know how much he uses, how long should a 5lb tub of whey usually last your average bodybuilder

leg_press said:
Ok, not mean to be nasty but other than FLEX cus I know how much he uses, how long should a 5lb tub of whey usually last your average bodybuilder
it depends on a lot of factors; how big your are, your daily protien intake, whether your cutting or bulking and whether your supplementing with any other kind of protien.

If whey was the only protien powder i had 5lb would probably last me 4 weeks

25 days

90g/day

Last edited:
Flex goes through that shit in like 2 days I think.

It depends though. Say you had 8 scoops a day.

@ 80 servings, you'd be looking at 10 days..

crazy_enough said:
2 weeks for me.

You seriously consume 160grams of whey a day alone? You would really benifit from getting protein from other sources.

1 month for a 5lb tub for me. That's 3 shakes a day, at 2 scoops each.

IML Gear Cream!
BigDyl said:
Flex goes through that shit in like 2 days I think.

It depends though. Say you had 8 scoops a day.

@ 80 servings, you'd be looking at 10 days..

not me! haha

that's was 2 guys i know. They have the closet full of like 20 tubs at all times and eat 20+servings/day.

I was eating 10/day, but it was just getting too expen$ive so the last few months have cut back to about 7 or 8.

Luke8395 said:
You seriously consume 160grams of whey a day alone? You would really benifit from getting protein from other sources.
Lemme see, 454 grams(1 pound) X 5= 2270 grams of powder
1 scoop is 19 g protein, (25 g total) and I take two every time=50 grams of powder(but just 40 of protein), 3 X /day =150 grams of powder/day(120 grams protein)

2270 total in 5 lbs divided by the 150 grams i use daily=15.1333333 days!

I spread the other aprox 100 g protein throughout my other meals...

Just read the servings per container and calculate how many you are going to have a day.

I go through about 3/4 pound a day.

How can you get 4 weeks out of it? That's only about 60g a day

vegman said:
How can you get 4 weeks out of it? That's only about 60g a day
actaully if you apply maths to the situation it works out at 80g per day and its quite easy to only have 80g per day of powder when you eating enough complete protien sources

I dont think whey alone should be consumed at that rate ... have an egg protein powder or a milk and egg too ... and combine them.

like: morning 50g whey (2 scoops)
before wk 50g

after wk 50g

maze said:
I dont think whey alone should be consumed at that rate ... have an egg protein powder or a milk and egg too ... and combine them.

like: morning 50g whey (2 scoops)
before wk 50g

after wk 50g

I completely agree. I think alot of these people don't realize how fast Whey is absorbed.

I have 3 half full tubs of Syntrax which I believe are 2.2lbs each that have lasted me a little over a year. I get sick of taking that shit, I prefer food.

IML Gear Cream!
I eat 6 servings a day, in 3 shakes.

stu21Ldn said:
actaully if you apply maths to the situation it works out at 80g per day and its quite easy to only have 80g per day of powder when you eating enough complete protien sources
80g? How's that :hmmm:

Ok thanks guys. Gotta try and get some sort of bein formulated soon. It's a right pain in the ass but I have to

vegman said:
80g? How's that :hmmm:
5lb = 2270g

4wks = 28 days

2270/28 = 81g per day :D

Considering most studies suggest the body can absorb a maximum of 25~30g protein in one sitting, it looks like many people here are literally flushing good protein down the toilet. If you already are intaking good natural protein 6 times a day as it is, opportunities to down an extra 5 servings or so of protein shakes ought to be hard to come by. Even with a 2 hour spread it'd take almost a full 24 hours to take in that much protein efficiently.

Good thing protein is dirt cheap these days.

DamnHardGainer said:
Considering most studies suggest the body can absorb a maximum of 25~30g protein in one sitting, it looks like many people here are literally flushing good protein down the toilet. If you already are intaking good natural protein 6 times a day as it is, opportunities to down an extra 5 servings or so of protein shakes ought to be hard to come by. Even with a 2 hour spread it'd take almost a full 24 hours to take in that much protein efficiently.

Good thing protein is dirt cheap these days.
can you post these studies?

stu21Ldn said:
5lb = 2270g

4wks = 28 days

2270/28 = 81g per day :D

* Carbs
* Fats
* Coloring agents
* Flavoring

Mudge said:
* Carbs
* Fats
* Coloring agents
* Flavoring
i wasnt sure if he was refering to the amount of protien or the amount of powder - its irrelivant anyway seeing as whey protien isnt the only powdered protien i use and the dose depends on whether its a workout day or not

Back