• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Chick Peas, what to do with them?

sdupdike

Food Is Good!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I bought some dried chick peas. How do I cook them? What do you do with yours to make them taste good? I've never had them before.

I buy the canned ones(so u could do this after cooking yours), but I really like throwing about 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and loads of spices(I like things like chilli powder, garlic/onion powders etc) into a bowl or plastic bag until the peas are all coated in the mixture and shove em on a baking plate in the oven at around 400 for 5-10 min...they come out all crispy and flavourfull...nice snack!

sdupdike said:
I bought some dried chick peas. How do I cook them? What do you do with yours to make them taste good? I've never had them before.
With dried chick-peas you should soak them overnight first (boiling water) then drain the water off and add fresh water, then bring to the boil and reduce to a heavy simmer for 30-45 mins.

You can also do it the 'faster' way and rinse, put in pot with water, bring to the boil and then allow them to simmer for 2-4 hrs with the lid on (or use a crock pot).

I soak them overnight and cook them in a preassure cooker.

Caution .. dont eat too much at one time... they are quite .. um .. 'potent' :D

arent falafels made from chickpeas? those things are grub.

thajeepster said:
whats a falafel?
It is a chick-pea pattie. Usually made with other things as well (cracked wheat, beans, herbs etc)...

Picture is here.

I homemake a bastardised version of them sometimes with chick-peas, some wheatbran or oatbran to bind, garlic, onions, herbs/spices (cummin, coriander, chilli, pepper) and egg whites. You can also throw in a can of tuna to get a complete meal (if you add some vegetables on the side).

are they good? Do you have a full recipe?

Back