• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Any rap fans here?

IML Gear Cream!
I love all variations of the vibrations we call music, it's just that in every variant there exists a collection that don't have the right frequency for my mind, maybe your's is in tune with it, but I need some Trane, Sun Ra, Zappa, Dead, Aesop Rock, Beasties, Hendrix etc. Folks who take those vibes and thread them through your ears and weave thoughts.

Vieope said:
I knew you were John H
I said vibrations not vibrators.:rolleyes:

gr81 said:
50 cent is a flavor of the year, no talent, snitch rapper who is a straight fuccin poser. He wants to be the next Pac so bad its pathetic. His whole camp is weak as fucc, including Eminem, whose last album was SOOO subpar I couldn't believe it. That shit is not good hip hop, its got no soul to it, no truth to it, and no heart to it. Put that shit down and peep some of that real shit. Rap nowadays has gotten way to far from the pack, its straight disrepectful to the creators of the genre. These cats sell records to 12 year old girls, b/c thats the type of people stupid enough to buy that fake thugg image G-unit is perpetrating, get with it folx.
I agree with some of what you're saying and strongly disagree with other parts. I'll agree with you about eminem, his last good album was the marshall mather's LP, his last two have been shit, and he's not half as hard as he thinks, it trips me out, he's just a dude with quick wit, he's not hard at all. I will disagree with you about G-unit, and 50 cent. Yeah they're extremely commercial, and not all of them are as hard as they claim, but they're not fake. When Young Buck stabs a guy in the chest at the Vibe Awards, and continues to live in the projects, even after he's made millions, you can't say he's fake. I don't know much of the history on them, but they're at least respectable, and 50 is extremely talented. Believe what he's saying or not, you must admit Get Rich or Die Tryin, as well the relatively unknown "Power of the Dollar" (1999) showed great skill and writing ability. Recently I've been buying older albums like Reasonable Doubt, Eazy-duz-it and Straight Outta Compton. I love the West Coast Rap from the early to mid 90's. That whole scene was classic. I don't know why some of these rappers lie on there albums, or how they can take themselves seriously if they are. The next album I'm picking up on friday is that old ass Luniz album "Operation Stackola"

gr81 said:
yes sir!!

yeah, right,.. like parents don't understand... Will Smith is a great actor, but the cat needs to stay away from the rap game for all the shit he talks about it..

im talkin before that...damn can't anyone fuckin remember...he was doin shows with ll..and he was talkin bout sum serious shit...guess no one here knows..

The next album I'm picking up on friday is that old ass Luniz album "Operation Stackola"

YES YES, now thats what i am talking about kid, that album is the shit. Defn my fav Luniz album and the starting point of one of the best rappers and my boy Yukmouth.. Good choice mayn!!

oaktownboy said:
im talkin before that...damn can't anyone fuckin remember...he was doin shows with ll..and he was talkin bout sum serious shit...guess no one here knows..

people can talk whatever they want, dont mean shit

youre telling me to do research, but youre the one mentioning Will Smith in the same breathe as Nas and PE :rolleyes:

gr81 said:
YES YES, now thats what i am talking about kid, that album is the shit. Defn my fav Luniz album and the starting point of one of the best rappers and my boy Yukmouth.. Good choice mayn!!

Gr1 .....you ever hear of the Whoridas?

Cold Iron said:
people can talk whatever they want, dont mean shit

youre telling me to do research, but youre the one mentioning Will Smith in the same breathe as Nas and PE :rolleyes:
i aint mentioning them in the same breath..fuckin christ..i was just tellin u a few of the pioneers of hip hop u dumbass.no matter what the form.there were several levels..serious and non-serious..have u heard of digital underground for example?.or tone-loc.at what point did i say will was lyrically at the same level as nas..

IML Gear Cream!
oaktownboy said:
i aint mentioning them in the same breath..fuckin christ..i was just tellin u a few of the pioneers of hip hop u dumbass.no matter what the form.there were several levels..serious and non-serious..have u heard of digital underground for example?.or tone-loc.at what point did i say will was lyrically at the same level as nas..

:laugh:

Cold Iron said:
man ur from ontario..i'm not even gonna take u seriously..go play sum hockey

The biggest question to ask right now, is where this 50/Game split is gonna lead to.

I can see one of them getting shot again.

oaktownboy said:
man ur from ontario..i'm not even gonna take u seriously..go play sum hockey

What?....Whats that?......shit....can't hear you... lemmme just go turn down my Will Smith and I'll be right back.

gr81 said:
yeah I have heard a little of their shit, they aiight. haven't heard enough to form an opinion thou mayn.

Ya thought you might have, I used to have their CD and I remembered it had a couple tracks featuring Yukmouth....

TCD said:
The biggest question to ask right now, is where this 50/Game split is gonna lead to.

I don't really think shit will happen. Listen to 50's song "Piggy Bank" on his new album. He basically disses Jada, Fat Joe, Nas and a few other. Game didn't wanna be a part of it cause he doesn't have beef with any of those 3, so 50 booted him/ Game left. I think it will just cool down and Game will sign with someone else. I think it was just a disagreement between Game and 50's best interest of G-Unit.

I don't know what 50 hopes to obtain by this new beef though. Nas and Jada are both better MC's than 50 in my opinion.

hip hop is not supposed to be all these generated "beefs", the shit is ridiculous no matter how you slice it. Pac thought it was ridiculous how the media spun his beef with BIG and look how it ended up, and now 50 thinks he is dope b/c he comes out slamming chumps like Ja Rule or whoever else is on his to do list. Of course he is gonna look good doin that, Ja is a fool. The point is that Hip hop is supposed to be about originality wihch G-Unit doesn't have, supposed to be about lyrical oratory and wit which they don't have, its nto supposed to be about selling an image. thats what pop music is for and rap has crossed over into that, no question. There are still hip hop artists out there and those are the cats who we should be supporting. I would love to hear 50cent or Jay-z try and actually participate in an old fashioned battle, strictly trying to outshine with lyrics and not what their watch looks like. Like my man Canibus said, "when you finished talkin about money and bitches you simply outa rhymes".. that shit is the truest shit one could day about hip hop nowadays. There is a shortage of artists that are doin the shit for the love of it, who have heart and write with their soul. Thats what an artist should be. An artists job is to captivate you for as long as they want your attention, not to perpetrate beefs like a group of middle school aged girl, ya dig? mytwo cents

gr81 said:
hip hop is not supposed to be all these generated "beefs", the shit is ridiculous no matter how you slice it. Pac thought it was ridiculous how the media spun his beef with BIG and look how it ended up, and now 50 thinks he is dope b/c he comes out slamming chumps like Ja Rule or whoever else is on his to do list. Of course he is gonna look good doin that, Ja is a fool. The point is that Hip hop is supposed to be about originality wihch G-Unit doesn't have, supposed to be about lyrical oratory and wit which they don't have, its nto supposed to be about selling an image. thats what pop music is for and rap has crossed over into that, no question. There are still hip hop artists out there and those are the cats who we should be supporting. I would love to hear 50cent or Jay-z try and actually participate in an old fashioned battle, strictly trying to outshine with lyrics and not what their watch looks like. Like my man Canibus said, "when you finished talkin about money and bitches you simply outa rhymes".. that shit is the truest shit one could day about hip hop nowadays. There is a shortage of artists that are doin the shit for the love of it, who have heart and write with their soul. Thats what an artist should be. An artists job is to captivate you for as long as they want your attention, not to perpetrate beefs like a group of middle school aged girl, ya dig? mytwo cents
Exactly. Couldn't have put it any better.

TCD said:

Apparently 50 almost got shot last night outside of hot 97. Apparently some boy from L.A. got shot by one of 50's security guys in front of the building, and is in critical condition. And then like two hours later, I guess somebody shot up the building where 50's management's office is. This shit is retarded. Game isn't as good of a rapper as anyone else in g-unit, but I'm still routin for him here, this is retarded. 50 will have his hands full if he beefs with Nas anyways, nas handled Jay-Z

IML Gear Cream!
I was just about to ask what was going on with G-Unit and D-Block.I heard Styles talkin about it on the radio.

IMO Dblock are one of the few good rappers left....

Dont forget Same Song

Now I clown around when I hang around with the Underground
Girls use to frown, say I'm down, when I come around
gas me and when they pass me they use to diss me
harrass me, but now they ask me if they can kiss me
Get some fame, people change, wanna live they life high
same song, can't go wrong, if I play the nice guy
(clamin that they must have changed,just because we came strong)
I remain, still the same (why Tu'?) cause it's the same song

RCfootball87 said:
Friend of mine bootlegged 50 cent's new album, it's tight as hell. Gonna buy another copy March 8th, would recommend you do the same. :thumb:

Don't you think the single "Candy Shop" is the most lame light weight piece of fluff there is though? I hear it & think Back Street Boys were more raw!!!

Goodfella9783 said:
I don't really think shit will happen. Listen to 50's song "Piggy Bank" on his new album. He basically disses Jada, Fat Joe, Nas and a few other. Game didn't wanna be a part of it cause he doesn't have beef with any of those 3, so 50 booted him/ Game left. I think it will just cool down and Game will sign with someone else. I think it was just a disagreement between Game and 50's best interest of G-Unit.

I don't know what 50 hopes to obtain by this new beef though. Nas and Jada
are both better MC's than 50 in my opinion.

Hang on a sec - i'm pretty sure Game is signed to Aftermath (Dre's label) and that 50/G-Unit are signed to Shady Records (Em's label), so just cause he's not part of G-Unit no more (let's face it, he was only in as a replacement until Yayo got out of the nick anyway), i don't think he's getting dropped from his label.

I bet it's caused a bit of a stir between 50 and Dre.

And while i definately agree that Nas would hand 50 back his ass with all the trimmings, i do rate jada highly, but i've also heard that Styles P writes most of Jada's lyrics, so i'm not so sure. This info may be BS though.

gr81 said:

"You need ten times the enzymes to comphrehend one of my rhymes".

I'm glad you said this BTW, cause i think Jay-Z is a bit of a fake also. Like he says himself, he's "biter not a writer" - no shit, Sean, you ripped off more lyrics from others than Usher has ripped off women's underwear.

Shady Records is part of Aftermath (which is part of Interscope)

Game is NOT being dropped from his label.

TCD said:
but i've also heard that Styles P writes most of Jada's lyrics, so i'm not so sure. This info may be BS though.
Yeah I think that's bs. where'd you hear it. Compare Jada's lyrics to Styles and you will find that Jada's are way above those of Styles. So I don't understand how that could be true.

That "gangsta" shit isn't nothing but soap operas, battle rappin' in the studio just ain't sport it's like fishin in a stocked pond full of starved catfish. They should leave competition on the battlestage and make art in the studios.

Back