• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Any Comments on Tryptophan?

Golden_Boy

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi all, I was reading some literature about Tryptophan from a Sports Nutrition Book, and there was some good praise for this amino's capabilities of getting the pituitary gland to release more growth hormone into the body. I've also heard some disturbing stuff from the same source, that involved a bad batch of this stuff in the late 80's.

What do you guys know about Tryptophan and possible results from it? If this is good, where could I get it? Can the States market it?

Golden_Boy said:
I've also heard some disturbing stuff from the same source, that involved a bad batch of this stuff in the late 80's.

I believe that was Eosinophilia-Myalgia Syndrome. I knew a guy in the Navy who both him and his mother aquired it from supplements.

as far as tryptophan increasing GH output, no such luck.

So, has this stuff been allowed to be sold in the US? I'm from Canada, and they don't like to have any fun with supps and stuff, so I'm usually SOL with a lot of good supplements.

Isn't tryptophan the stuff in turkey that makes you sleepy?? ...

SlimShady said:
Isn't tryptophan the stuff in turkey that makes you sleepy?? ...

old myth. the sleepy feeling is caused simply from overeating and a high consumption of carbohydrates which lead to a insulin spike and resulting crash.

L-tryptophan works best on an empty stomach and the levels found in turkey aren't even that high to have that great of an effect on niacin levels (which effect serotonin production).

If you want to release more Tryptophan, jerk off. It's what makes you tired after cumming.

It's also what make you tired after eating turkey. I beleive it's a by-product of serotonin production.

LAM said:
as far as tryptophan increasing GH output, no such luck.

So, you suppose supplementing with Tryptophan is not worth my time? :hmmm:

not at all, no medical studies have proven such.

the truth behind tryptophan

Sorry it took me so long to reply but my girlfriend made me a fat turkey sandwich and for some reason I just woke up. Everyon at IM the answer is very complex. It starts out many years ago when dinosaurs ruled the earths surface. Because they were so big the turkey had no chance but to be eaten. As evolution ooccurred throughout many years the turkey developed a defense mechanism by making the dinosaurs get very tired after feasting on their carcass. Many people believe that dinosaurs went extinct because of the ice age or a meteor hitting the earth. There is however a group of renegades like myself who believe it was due to the turkey. You see T-Rex and his colleagues eat so many turkeys that they fell asleep for many years and not reproducing. In addition since they were sleeping the earth became very cold because they were not running around after the turkeys. Subsequently, the turkey population flourished and that my friends is why we get sleepy after eating turkey. I must however warn you that if history repeats itself, this next November we too could fall into the same trap the turkeys planned for the dinosaurs.

Back