• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

15% by June, need your help!

yovwmon

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Name: Adam
Height: 5???11???
Weight: 204
Body fat: 27%

I have lifted a few times in the past for 2 weeks or so at a time, but I have never been serious about training like I am now. I have been training for about 2 months, during this time I have went from 223LBS and 33%BF down to 204 and 27%BF, without any supplements.

My goals: (By June 1st)
a. Improve overall strength
b. Become more lean (Goal - 15%BF)
c. Loose weight / fat (Goal - 180LBS)

My current routine: (Will go into more detail upon request.)
Sunday: OFF
Monday: 1 ½ hours running / walking & 1 ½ hours, arms, chest & AB???s
Tuesday: 2 hours walking / running / Bike & 1 hour, AB???s
Wednesday: 1 ½ hours walking / running & 1 ½ hours, Legs & AB???s
Thursday: 1 ½ hours walking / stair master & 1 ½ hours, shoulders, back & AB???s
Friday: 2 hours walking / running / treadmill & 1 ½ hours, arms, chest & AB???s
Saturday: 1 swimming / 1 hour whatever.

I have been on this same routine for about a month now, and I have seen some pretty serious results, I can bench 30LBS more than I could a month ago, I am able to curl 10LBS more pounds, I am able to run over a full mile @ 5.5MPH, 2 months ago I could only walk it @ 3.5. Overall I am fairly happy with my results thus far, although thing seem to have slowed over the last week.

My diet:
How about I just list the things I don???t eat. Absolutely no high fructose corn syrup, Very low sugar, Nothing fried, No more than 30% carbs, about 200g or protein a day, Only whole grain breads and spinach pasta, drinking around 128oz of water a day, and about 8oz of 2% milk. I mostly eat grilled chicken salads, oatmeal, and peanuts. When I do indulge it is always Eddy???s Grand Light, French Silk Ice Cream.

Vitamins & Supplements: (I just started with Muscle Milk and No-Explode 3/3/05)
Green tea extract: 250mg per day
One a day men???s health: one per day
Muscle Milk: One scoop per day with 8oz glass of milk
No-Explode: 2 scoops half-hour before workout 6 days a week, 1 scoop off days.

Other things to consider:
I am a recovering smoker of 12 years, I quit 2 years ago. I have never played any sports and my day job consist of sitting in front of a computer for 10 hours per day 5 days a week. I???m the guy that always sat back with a cigarette in one hand and doughnut in the other saying I wish I had a body like that?????? Well now it???s time and I???m going to make this shit happen!

damn u spend a lot of time at the gym... you should try high intensity cardio rather than long drawn out cardio.. this way you will lose less muscle and your metabolism will increase also.. id go for about 20 minutes of high level crosstrainer .. that'll kick your ass!
Maybe balance your routine a bit more.. seeing as how your chest and arms is gettign worked twice a week , in the long run this will lead to an unproportioned body. IMO, i think you should workout each muscle group only once/week to allow for proper rest.. example what i do is sunday-legs + abs, monday-chest + abs, tuesday-arms + abs, wednesday -back +abs, thursday-shoulders +abs, friday + saturday are break days but for you since you are cutting.. you should do cardio... i dont think your workout routine should ever have a workout day as whatever like your saturday does but yah.

Just my $0.02 :D keep up the good work bro... post ur diet so we can asses things better :D

Thanks for the good advice Brolly, I just changed my workout a little in the last couple days, I am working with about 50% of my one rep max and lifting alot faster, I have also worked in some new things.

As for the cardio end of things, I am really trying to push myself to the limits. I have found working with No-Explod I am able to get off abother 5 or so reps, and run about a half mile further. I really want to get to around 15%BF come June, thats only 2.04LBS per week, anyone else have any suggestions? :thumb:

Wow - Ok, time out. You are doing WAYYYY too much cardio. You are going to overtrain with that much cardio which will in turn be counterproductive. Nobody needs to do that much cardio. :no: Push yourself to the limits..........ummmm.........no, you are just going to push yourself over the edge. You are wasting your energy. You are worse than the cardio queens I see at the gym everyday who are still fat with no shape.

Please post your diet.

My Diet:
I am eating 6 meals a day, 3 meals and 3 snacks.
Breakfast - Bowl of instant oatmeal, cereal, protein shake, or 4 eggs
Snack 1 ??? Peanuts, non-fat yogurt, PB&J on wheat, cottage cheese, no salt pretzels, or protein shake
Lunch ??? chicken salad, or soup, normally it???s a salad
Snack 2 ??? Peanuts, non-fat yogurt, PB&J on wheat, cottage cheese, no salt pretzels, protein shake
Dinner ??? Salad, fish, chicken, steak, soup, or PB&J on wheat, sometimes a baked potato.
Snack 3 ??? Eddy???s grand light ice cream, pretzels, or yogurt

Water: 128oz of water per day, sometimes more.
I am taking one scoop of muscle milk per day as one of my snacks along with 8oz of 2% milk .
30 minutes before training I take 1 ½ - 2 scoops of No-Xplode
Absolutely no high fructose corn syrup, Very low sugar, and nothing fried!
No more than 30% carbs per day.
About 200g or protein per day.
Only whole grain breads and spinach or wheet pasta, no rice other than when I eat moushu chicken from Main Wok.

That???s pretty much all the details to my diet

Jodi said:
Wow - Ok, time out. You are doing WAYYYY too much cardio. You are going to overtrain with that much cardio which will in turn be counterproductive. Nobody needs to do that much cardio. :no: Push yourself to the limits..........ummmm.........no, you are just going to push yourself over the edge. You are wasting your energy. You are worse than the cardio queens I see at the gym everyday who are still fat with no shape.

Please post your diet.

easy on the ice cream bro... i wouldnt give yourself a cheat day everyday !!!! especially if u are seriously looking to get to your goal of 15% bf by june when ur at 27% now. Wheat bread is pretty much colored white bread lol..... nothing special... also, brown rice is good for u :). Also, i would suggest 2-4 sandwiches other than PB&J ... its all carbs basically except for the PB, should change that to tuna or something. Please calculate each meal's calories and tell us macro %'s Carbs/Proteins/Fats because all ur doing is listing a collage of foods in some meals so i dont rly kno where u goin with that :p

yovwmon said:
My Diet:
Snack 1 ??? Peanuts, non-fat yogurt, PB&J on wheat, cottage cheese, no salt pretzels, or protein shake
Snack 2 ??? Peanuts, non-fat yogurt, PB&J on wheat, cottage cheese, no salt pretzels, protein shake
Dinner ??? Salad, fish, chicken, steak, soup, or PB&J on wheat, sometimes a baked potato.
Wow... This needs some work... Although you are eating "Absolutely no high fructose corn syrup, Very low sugar, and nothing fried! " you are certainly not eating well - Why so much bread? And pretzels? And what is with the ice-cream??

There also seems like an awful lot of food too - esp. if you then add your muscle milk with 2% milk...

I suggest you read the sticky at the top of the page "Guide to cutting, bulking and maintaining" to see the types of things you should try to eat!

Lol.

Yeah, it's really hard to switch up your diet so drastically, but I'm sure what you have right now is already a huge improvement on what you were eating regularly before. At 27% bodyfat, you'll still lose weight doing what you do, but you'll lose it faster and gain muscle faster eating even more healthy. Avoid the temptation man.

I recently switched up my diet to Chicken Breasts, Eggs (only whites, at least from now on), Salad, Milk (skim), Tuna (even though I hate it) and supplements (multi-vitamins, whey protein, and fish oils); I already feel like I should have done this a long time ago. If you wanna lose all that weight by June you're going to have to live a healthier lifestyle (eating-wise).

I am not eating Ice cream and pretzels as much as you guys may think. Ice cream I may see once a week, and the pretzels are a twice a week thing if that. I am keeping my calorie intake around 1500-2000 a day, which isn't much for someone doing the workout I have been.

Personally I like skim milk more than 2%, I am going to start buying it again.

yovwmon said:
My Diet:

Water: 128oz of water per day, sometimes more.
I am taking one scoop of muscle milk per day as one of my snacks along with 8oz of 2% milk .
30 minutes before training I take 1 ½ - 2 scoops of No-Xplode
Absolutely no high fructose corn syrup, Very low sugar, and nothing fried!
No more than 30% carbs per day.
About 200g or protein per day.
Only whole grain breads and spinach or wheet pasta, no rice other than when I eat moushu chicken from Main Wok.

That???s pretty much all the details to my diet

Last edited:
Back