I Can't Believe Its Not Butter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rep Points

I Can't Believe Its Not Butter?

Is this good stuff?

Rep Points

No, it is not. I emailed the company a few years ago because I knew it was too good to be true. They responded back saying a single serving has no fat and no calories. Notice a single serving is 1.25 spray BFD! However, they proceeded to say that the entire bottle contains 90G of fat In order to get any good out of that stuff you need more than 1.25 sprays, that's for sure.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

IM lesbo extraordinaire

Rep Points

Hello, they had Fabio for spokesman.....that says it all!!lol
    Life is what you make of it, not what it makes you...TAKE CHARGE!

http://www.boners.com/content/791433.1.jpg

Rep Points

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Shut up and train!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

is this why cooking spray is also a no no?
    If you don't risk anything, you risk even more!

Rep Points

I use PAM
    Let's all join together and SPEAK ENGLISH IN AMERICA.

Rep Points

Cooking spray is fine such as Pam.

Shut up and train!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Good cuz I can't live without Pam
    If you don't risk anything, you risk even more!

Rep Points

So what kind of butter do y'all use?

IM lesbo extraordinaire

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KJR55
    So what kind of butter do y'all use?
    I use the healthiest kind..NONE!!lol
    Life is what you make of it, not what it makes you...TAKE CHARGE!

http://www.boners.com/content/791433.1.jpg

Rep Points

Whats the best butter to use? I can't choke down spinach without it.

Rep Points

I love this I Can't Believe Its Not Butter stuff. On my bottle, the serving size says 5 sprays = 0 fat, 0 cals, 0 everything. 5 sprays is plenty for me to put on anything. So is this company blatantly lying?

Rep Points

Yes, its bad. It's garbage. They aren't lying per say because they state 1.25 sprays does not have fat and it doesn't but anymore than that and it does. On top of it, if I recall it's TransFat

I don't know of any of us here that use butter at all. Try ACV that's what I've always used on spinach along with parm cheese and garlic.

Rep Points

I'm so confused.

1 serving = 5 sprays (for topping)

OR

1 serving = 1.25 sprays (for cooking)

I only use 5 sprays for topping on my spinach or broccoli. This is only one serving and should be 0 fat, calories, everything. If is is not, then this means the company IS LYING. It also very prominently states NO TRANS FATS on the bottle.

Rep Points

Use it if you want, it's your body not mine.

Rep Points

I really just want to clarify if this company is lying. It doesn't make sense. 90 grams of fat?!?! Then HOW can it be 0 fat per serving? I'm so sick of companies lying to sell their product. 100% whole wheat = (enriched bleached wheat flour) *sigh*

Rep Points

They are not lying. They are just making it appear better than it really is. The serving size is so minute that it has no fat but combined with a few other servings it adds up.

Rep Points

Gotchya.

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I use Fleischmann's Margarine Made with Olive Oil, a little bit goes a long way compared to that tasteless crap. I like it primarily because it's made with olive oil and the trans fats are low.
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Rep Points

Hydrogenated Oils (is what you don't want) and it is in the Margarine (big no no.) It's the BUTTER you want! (The Real McCoy!) I did my research on Butter VS Margarine a long time ago...going on 5 years now! A healthy heart is worth the few extra pennies!! When the BUTTER is on-sale at the store....buy 2!!

Also, someone mentioned Pam Spray?

Rep Points

I like to use promise, or any other brand that has about 5kcals/tablespoon. I can down a whole jar and be out 80 kcals. Nevermind that it is mainly water.

Rep Points

Hey Guys,

Hate to burst your bubble, but there really isn't any difference between the two products (the non-stick spray and butter spray). They are both oil and as we all know, oil equals fat.

What we have to keep in mind is that these products were invented years ago to replace butter in cooking and using them in controlled moderation won't be affecting your health to any extent.
    Last edited by grant; 03-15-2005 at 09:58 AM.

Rep Points

Um yeah but butter spray is sat and trans fat and pam is mono fat. Big difference.

Rep Points

The butter spray I use contains organic soy oil which of course contains mono as well as poly unsaturated fats, the same fats as the non-stick spray.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

according to their website it contains no trans fats. hopefully it is true

http://www.tasteyoulove.com/tfLanding.asp?section=box2
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Yeah but they just don't have to list it if it doesn't meet a minimum amount, I'm sure within the whole there is probably an amount of trans fat. They should have the listing for the whole product and not the little useless suggested servings, it's like a loophole to claim you have 0% of this or that

"Hey look theres now no calories in a NANO-gram of a snickers bar, I can eat one and not get fat."
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM
    according to their website it contains no trans fats. hopefully it is true

http://www.tasteyoulove.com/tfLanding.asp?section=box2
    http://www.tasteyoulove.com/products...products/spray
    Contains no trans fat PER SERVING! Yeah and it also states no fat per serving yet a whole bottle contains 90g.

Rep Points

Jodi,

Where does it say a bottle contains 90 grams of fat?

Rep Points

I emailed the company a few years ago.............they proceeded to say that the entire bottle contains 90G of fat

Rep Points

Yes, I called the company to find out. Here is the info:

1 serving size is 5 sprays = 0 calories, 0 fat

10 sprays = 10 calories, 1 gram of fat

72 sprays = 52 calories, 5.8 grams of fat

The whole bottle = 1,130 sprays, 900 calories & 90 grams of fat

No trans fats

So I'm kinda glad that I can continue using this b/c I use 5 sprays or less and only use it once a day - IF that. The rest of my family uses 10-20 sprays at a time, but even that amount is not terrible calorie or fat wise. A whole bottle takes our family of 3 approximately a month to go through. So essentially, I'd be consuming 30 grams of fat over a 4 week period. Not terrible considering I'm new to the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast