Why would this diet not make me lose weight?

Rep Points

Why would this diet not make me lose weight?

Breakfast:

Either 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese + low carb sugar free yogurt & 1 oz. berries

OR

Slim Fast Low Carb Diet Breakfast Bar

Snack Low Fat String Cheese OR Apple OR Orange OR boiled egg

Lunch: 3 ounces tuna + 1 tblspn mayo + 1 slice 100% whole wheat bread

OR

Salad w/ spinach, grilled chicken, boiled eggs, 1/2 tblspn of Ranch

Snack: Same as 10:30 snack

Dinner: 4 ounces of chicken, fish, lean sirloin, shrimp or turkey + 2 cups of spinach, onions, broccoli, green beans or bell peppers

3 Liters of Water per Day. NO sodas or sugars.

Workout 20-30 minutes of cardio or 1 hour of weight training + softball 2 days a week + walking dog an hour a day.

I have TRIED the stuff posted here, the 40/40/20, the 33/33/33, even a 50/20/30 & NO weight loss. WTF? I have TRIED having a protein, carb & fat at every meal. Nothing. I have lost 6 inches overall - AT BEST. All this in a month.

I thought FOR SURE a few fruits thrown in as a very low cal snack would drop overall cals & result in weight loss. Doctor told me I need to be eating 1350 calories per day, and I need to weigh sub 140. Currently, 200 pounds, between 31% BF, 5'3" and wanting to get to 20% BF, REGARDLESS of weight. But none of these eating plans seem to work.

What would you recommend? I do not want the quick weight loss fad crap, but even 2 pounds a MONTH I'd be happy with. However, a ZERO loss on the scales since February 25th is SOOOO discouraging. I know you shouldn't put any importance into what the scale says, but my doctor telling me I need to be at 140 w/ 20% BF is making me want to give up! Where should I go from now?

Rep Points

Because your body is in starvation mode with a diet like that.

And what did your diet look like with your other plans? And do you mean you NEVER cheated once?

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

I asked the dr. about that. She said # 1 - you multiply your body weight x 10 to lose weight. She said the biggest misconception here is that ppl multiply total body weight, when it should only be LBM. She says why would you eat to sustain fat? So she says I only need 1350 cals per day. She claimed she was once herself "a former fat chick" and knows.

Good Gawd.

As for before, going from someone here, my diet looked like

P/C/F at every meal - 5 meals a day at approximately 400 cals per meal. EFA's and green tea included.

And yes, I cheated, but once in one month is ridiculous. I had one cheat meal the whole month. I've never been more frustrated.

Rep Points

Personally I feel your diet is lacking good nutriton and you are in starvation mode. I eat more cals than you do while cutting and I lose fat and I only weigh 123

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

IM lesbo extraordinaire

Rep Points

Thats what Im thinking too....Especially since u do cardio, u lift etc...need more food...
    Life is what you make of it, not what it makes you...TAKE CHARGE!

http://www.boners.com/content/791433.1.jpg

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KJR55
    [b]Breakfast:

Either 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese + low carb sugar free yogurt & 1 oz. berries

Increase the cottage cheese to 1 C, make it FF kind. Add in some berries and a few fish oil caps

OR

Slim Fast Low Carb Diet Breakfast Bar

This is garbage

Snack Low Fat String Cheese OR Apple OR Orange OR boiled egg

This is not a meal. Have a whey protein shake and 1/2 apple

color=yellow]Lunch: [/color]3 ounces tuna + 1 tblspn mayo + 1 slice 100% whole wheat bread

OR

Salad w/ spinach, grilled chicken, boiled eggs, 1/2 tblspn of Ranch

Skip the mayo and make it a bowl of salad veggies, add the tuna or chicken on top and vinegar with a splash of olive oil for dressing. May and Ranch are not good choices

color=lime]Snack: [/color]Same as 10:30 snack

have a whey shake and 1/2 apple and some fish caps. This is not a meal

color=blue]Dinner:[/color] 4 ounces of chicken, fish, lean sirloin, shrimp or turkey + 2 cups of spinach, onions, broccoli, green beans or bell peppers

Good. This is the only decent meal I've seen yet. Have 1/2 C. Brown rice or sweet potato too

3 Liters of Water per Day. NO sodas or sugars.

3 liters of water. Bah...Try 5-6 L of water.

Workout 20-30 minutes of cardio or 1 hour of weight training + softball 2 days a week + walking dog an hour a day.

Do 45 mins. weight training and then 30 mins of cardio AFTER your weights

You need another meal here before bed. 1 C. Cottage Cheese and some fish caps are ideal
    I made my suggestions in bold.

Rep Points

So how come I didn't lose an ounce back when I was doing 2000 cals per day, P/C/F w/ every meal? Something's not right somewhere. Or maybe I'm just retarded.

IM lesbo extraordinaire

Rep Points

So how come I didn't lose an ounce back when I was doing 2000 cals per day, P/C/F w/ every meal? Something's not right somewhere. Or maybe I'm just retarded.
    Perhaps the #'s on the scale were muscle...Did u have BF re-tested?

Rep Points

I don't know

Rep Points

6 inches in a month overall lost. 2 in the waist, 3 in the hips, 1 in thighs. Someone just told me that was awesome for one month. I didn't think it was.

Rep Points

Ummm.........yeah, that's excellent for 1 months' loss

Did you see my suggestions for your diet in bold up above?

Rep Points

Yes, I'm gonna try it at 1800 cals. What do you think?

IM lesbo extraordinaire

Rep Points

6 inches in a month overall lost. 2 in the waist, 3 in the hips, 1 in thighs. Someone just told me that was awesome for one month. I didn't think it was.
    holly crap, thats great...Loose the scale for a while...(easier said than done, I have seirious issues with the darn scale) Ure melting away inches, its all good girl!

Rep Points

What a great lesson to have learned. Scales are EVIL.

Rep Points

What a whiny pathetic baby I've been being. I am putting that STUPID scale away and not stepping on it anymore!!!! Whats the point, really? So what if I am 175 pounds? As long as I'm 20% BF or below. Thank you Jodi, crazy and velvet, TRULY. Thank you. (Velveteyes was behind the scenes)