• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Heading to GNC...

CancerNV

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What should I get if i just started lifting a few month ago (still pretty weak). I keep hearing about "whey protein" and "meal replacments". What are the advantages to each. Is there anything else I should be looking for?

protien, glutamine, & creatine. i wouldnt go to gnc though, everything there is way over priced. the one by me does have a good deal on on's 100% whey, for 25 bucks.

Dante said:
protien, glutamine, & creatine. i wouldnt go to gnc though, everything there is way over priced. the one by me does have a good deal on on's 100% whey, for 25 bucks.
What is whey protein? Is it any different than the protein I can get in a can of tuna?

Whey protein is a pure, natural, high quality protein from cow's milk. It is a rich source of the essential amino acids needed on a daily basis by the body. In its purest form, as whey protein isolate, it contains little to no fat, lactose or cholesterol.

Just pick up some protein, fish oil, and maybe some flax oil. There are many forms....I would say a whey protein or protein complex....which is a blend of different forms ussually more expensive but filled with alot more glutamine and bcaa's. No need for anything else just yet.

For now just eat, lift, and rest. You'll do fine with just that.

Look for the orange tags .. all on sale!!!

I just bought 3 lbs whey Isolate from GNC for 11 bucks!!

Costco's fish oil is cheaper

Craig's discount is better. LOL ;)

shiznit2169 said:
what's with everyone having fish oil? What does it do to your body? ...and flax oil
They are really great efa sources.

Fish oil helps with fat burning
They both lower chlosterol level and good for everyone!

buy ON protein, you can prolly find it at your local grocery store. its cheap and high quality. but i dont buy from gnc i get suff there for free :)

Well, I went and purchased a big thing of Whey Protein. It has 47 servings. Each serving is 20 grams of protein. It was 30 bucks. Oh and it tastes nasty. When I put it in milk it doesnt disolve all the way (unless im not mixing it long enough) and it taste gross going down. When I drink it with water it at least disolves.

Oh and my buddy who I went with purchased some multi - amino acids bottle for 10 bucks. Is anyone familiar with those? Its supposed to help fuel your workout?

Next time you are at GNC, look into getting a multi-vitamin. They make some good ones, and they're currently 50% off, plus the gold card discount.

yeah, somewhere around there. It's damn good, and 55g of protein per serving, but it's not on the list of 99% of the bodybuilders I know because it costs so much.

musclepump said:
Pro Complex is THE BEST tasting stuff out there, but wayyyyy too expensive.

hell yeah, rocky road, i never use the full 2 scoops though, so a tub lasts me forever. So the price is not that much of an issue.

I already have a "One a Day" multivitamin. Anyway whenever I add up my calories/protein I get around 3,500+ calories with 200 g of protein. Will my Whey protein really help if im getting so much already? I live on nothing but Mini Wheats, Whole Wheat bread, Tuna etc... Pretty much everything has a decent amount of protein in it.

Does anyone know anything about amino acid pills?

PS: Stay FAR AWAY from Mixed Berry Whey Protein. Its STILL nasty.

Back