• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Nutrition Facts Question

shiznit2169

flawless
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
When you guys look at the nutrition facts on the back/side of any kind of food, what do you usually look at? What's the difference between trans fat and saturated fat? How much sugar is too much sugar? Also when i look at calories, sometimes it will say 200 calories but then it will say 120 calories from fat.

What's the most important thing to look for and not look for?

-Rich

(by the way, im on a bulking diet if it will help you tell me what i need most)

shiznit2169 said:
When you guys look at the nutrition facts on the back/side of any kind of food, what do you usually look at? What's the difference between trans fat and saturated fat? How much sugar is too much sugar? Also when i look at calories, sometimes it will say 200 calories but then it will say 120 calories from fat.

What's the most important thing to look for and not look for?

-Rich

(by the way, im on a bulking diet if it will help you tell me what i need most)
Protein carbs and fat. Trans fat is never something you want. Do not eat trans fat. Staturated fat is fat from an animal. Keep sugar minima (unless it's pre work out)l, there is no set amount.

Look at the per 100g column.

Compare the quality of foods by looking at the protein, carbohydrates and fat.

Protein - higher protein foods will have like 10-20g per 100g of food.
Carbs - Look at the total carbs less the carbs from sugar. If you look at breakfast cereals you find most of the carbs are sugar. Look at something like oats and you get hardly any sugar. That's a good start anyway. After that comes the GI stuff which you can't get on labels.
Fats - Look for fats coming from Poly and Mono-unsaturated fats.

Unfortunately, and rather cruely, it's the saturated fats and sugars that make food taste good. However, as you change your habits and learn what's good for you it gets easier to avoid these types of food for the most part.

If the product contains trans fats(hydrogenated oils/shortening), i put back where it came from!

As for Carbs and pro it depends on wether i am looking for a pro rich source or a carb rich source (but low/no in sugars). Eitherway, i pick products that are low in fats as it is preferable to get your fat intake from EFA's.

Back